Thread: THE SMELL TEST

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE SMELL TEST

http://magic-city-news.com/article_4120.shtml

The Smell Test

By Tim Donnelly
    Jun 26, 2005, 20:22

I am certain that many who visit this site have grown weary of the non-stop assault on common sense waged by one, Doug Bower, expatriate living in Mexico. I had the misfortune of discovering another site that features much of his writing. I say misfortune because I discovered a piece of pure fantasy about the Minuteman Project.
    It fails all the phoney-baloney tests beginning with its author begging the question: Why would, "Some Americans will cling to their insane racism".

Note: it never defines racism let alone proves it. Mr. Bower would have us believe that ALL the volunteers of the Minutemen are:

insane racists
    modern day cowboys who "rough up" illegal aliens
    Americans of questionable character
    vigilantes
    a bunch of nutcases
    American men never grow up and have to keep playing soldier
    hate group
    thugs
    gun-toting vigilante

He never bothered to interview one single minuteman prior to unholstering his semi-automatic broad brush, but neither did many in the media. On the other hand, I did. Mainly out of curiosity. On the drive down to Tombstone, I questioned why I was going. I knew what motivated me to go, but wanted to meet others and learn what drove them to go so far, for so long, at such great expense in defense of an idea called America.

A group called MAPA (Mexican American Political Association) took it upon themselves to invade our idyllic corner of the world to label our entire community as "racist" because a little hispanic boy was being transferred at the request of a "white girl's family". MAPA is one of the groups that parades around as a "human rights" group, but in fact is nothing more than a Latino activist group, promulgating rights for one race only, the rest be damned. No one had any idea what they were talking about or why they did not offer any "facts" about the situation beyond the accusation.

The facts later revealed a much darker story. The "white girl" had been systematically molested by the "brown boy" (since use of colors was started by those who pretend to be so sensitive to it). The parents of the "white girl" were trying to protect her. Period. They had no agenda beyond that. I know. They are friends of mine.

What is particularly galling to me is that what Mr. Bowers "and his ilk" seem to be saying is that it is racist and xenophobic for Americans to have any say in their nation's policy on immigration, both legal and illegal.

If you are in favor of enforcing the border, you are a racist, and you think ALL Mexicans are evil, drug-dealing rapists, etc (See the infamous list on Phony Baloney #4).

If you are in favor of restricting legal immigration until we get control of illegal immigration, you are a racist and in fact, you are an insane racist who thinks that ALL Mexicans are evil, drug-dealing rapists, etc..ad nauseum.

If you hold these opinions along with a college degree and you think argumentation includes references to relevant facts and statistics from a variety of reliable sources including newspapers, magazines, think tanks-both liberal & conservative, pro & anti-illegal immigration studies, legal cases and decisions, the 2000 US Census to name a few, then you are the devil incarnate and you must be stopped.

Please Mr. Bower, show me one statement anywhere by a Minuteman, who labels ALL Mexicans as anything. In fact, show me one shred of evidence, one single solitary fact to support your accusation that the Minutemen see Legal immigrants and Illegal aliens in the same light. You lecture your readers on the finer points of argumentation, but you fail the most important test: the smell test.

Where are your facts? Where is your reference to this anti-Mexican sentiment supposedly fomented by the likes of the Minutemen? I have made my stance crystal clear for a very simple reason, and it is shared by tens of thousands who have joined the Minuteman movement:

Legal immigration is the means by which we think all immigration should take place. Period. Immigration policy and quotas should be set by the American voter or their representatives in accordance with the prevailing American interest. We would like our immigration laws enforced, all of them, now. Period. We think the law should be applied in spite of race, not because of it. In fact, our opposition, the Latino activists and politicians seeks to create a protected class on the basis solely of race in order to gain "rights" for its "citizens" and a power base for themselves. What is funny is that they are the only group fighting for extra-legal status. You do not see Canadian or African or Asian illegal aliens protesting in the streets, advocating the deportation of all European Americans back to Europe.

Many at this time are calling for restricting legal immigration due to the massive influx of illegal aliens.

My own personal thought is that this is about as fair as passing new restrictions on gun ownership that only hurt the law-abiding and never impact the criminal, who is misusing the gun in the first place.

Here is another quote from the article attacking the Minuteman Project before it took place:

Instead of going after the Americans who hire the illegal workers, this soldier-of-fortune crowd is out to hunt themselves some Mexicans.

WHERE IS THE APOLOGY, SIR?

You owe an apology to Chris Simcox, Jim Gilchrist, Glenn Spencer and every minuteman and woman that you demonized in your factless, diatribe. It is reprehensible that you have not offered it to date.

Minuteman Project II specifically targets employers, which men like those mentioned above have been talking about for years. And not only were we not "hunting Mexicans", our primary goal was to shame the American government into doing its job in front of the American people who seemed oblivious to the crisis on the border.

Half of what we discussed down there in the middle of the night on patrol was how we would go home to our communities, and form local minuteman groups to find creative ways to combat this epidemic of lawbreaking on so many fronts.

We identified several key areas where we thought we could be successful:

1) Suing companies who break the employment laws on behalf of those who obey them

2) Throwing out of office political candidates or law enforcement officials who make our cities and towns "sanctuaries" for illegal aliens, preventing their illegal status from being used as one more tool to protect our communities

3) Protesting companies or government agencies whose policy is to "aid and abet" illegal aliens in any way

I will not bore you with the 25 different ideas I heard from ordinary law-abiding Americans from all across the nation, but no where on the list is "roughing up' or harming one hair on anyone's head, let alone an illegal alien. The most common thing I heard from others, which echoes my own sentiment, was, "those poor people are dying trying to get here". Others wondered aloud, "what kind of government would not only allow their citizens to die this way, but actually encourage it" Unlike Mr. Bower, we have all seen the GUI'A DEL MIGRANTE MEXICANO, and we are outraged at Mexico City's policy of exporting its citizens. If you haven't go here to see it (http://tinyurl.com/6mbrf).

We are also outraged when they refuse to export the 4,000 or so who are enjoying sanctuary from American justice after killing or raping American citizens. Go here (http://tinyurl.com/cjp4o) to learn more about that sad chapter in US-Mexico relations.

We know that most illegal aliens are just seeking a better life, but we also know that by crossing the border illegally, they are effectively rendering our immigration policy void. When there is a quota of 60,000 visas issued, and yet 3,000,000 are allowed to enter illegally, the American public has been shut out of the debate.

Much of our anger stems from the fact that our government is unwilling to enforce the border or any employer sanctions, even though 80% of the American public supports these actions in poll after poll. We also know that as the numbers of illegal aliens, specifically of Hispanic or Latino descent, grow into the tens of millions (5.9 million just from Mexico, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, http://tinyurl.com/e3vgk), US politicians are lining up to represent them. Anyone who watched the blantant pandering to the Hispanic vote in the last election, as if Hispanics all vote with one mind, had to wonder if any Hispanics oppose rampant and uncontrolled illegal immigration. The simple truth is that in poll after poll, Americans of Hispanic origin, support the idea of enforcing the border and existing immigration law at 50%, with some polls up to 57%, depending on the question.

There are some Latino politicians, particularty in California, who would like to see the border erased and who open advocate the plan of Aztlan, which does call for "taking back" the entire American Southwest. This plan is the cornerstone of every Chicano Studies class on every college campus in America and almost half the high schools in California.

When promoted by groups like the National Council of La Raza, MeCha, MALDEF, and dozens lesser known, EL PLAN DE AZTLAN (http://tinyurl.com/dctty) is the equivalent of the KKK demanding that the US return to them the Confederate states so they can form their own nation within our nation. Would Mr. Bower defend the KKK as a "human rights" group? I think not. Then perhaps he should fully research the groups mentioned in his hit piece on the Minutemen. Many of them advocate this overthrow by political, economic and any means necessary, even shipping the gringo back to Europe, or "killing the gringo" if need be.

This is not a new idea as I sure the learned Mr. Bower, who is so fond of research already knows. In 1915, a group of Mexican-Americans, swore an oath to carry out an overthrow outlined in a "written manifesto of this insurgency, the "Plan de San Diego, Texas," declared that this was to be "a war without quarter" against whites. At that specified day and time, (2 PM on February 20th, 1915) Mexicans throughout the U.S. Southwest were to rise up and murder every white male over sixteen years of age and expel the surviving women, children, and elderly from the newly liberated land." After 16 months of guerrilla type attacks, the Texas Rangers finally put down the rebellion, but 33 Americans had been murdered and 24 wounded.

But I am called an insane racist for being concerned over elected officials like Antonio Villaraigosa, Joe Baca, Gloria Molina, Fabian Nunez, Art Torres, and scores of others, who advocate the overthrow of the government by siezing political office, and declaring illegals legal. Granted this plan is for a bloodless coup, but nonetheless, calling for the overthrow of the government by foreign nationals (in this case illegal aliens) in order to set up a nation within a nation is nothing more than treason and blatant racism. It does not matter to me whether the racist wears a white hood or carries a Mexican flag, both are despicable in my eyes.

Now that minuteman groups are springing up in ever state in the Union, it should be seen as a testament to the strength of America that we are guaranteed "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." Unfortunately our southern neighbors have no such right, which is why so many flee instead of fight for a better life at home.

We are not "hate" groups as some would like you to believe; we just love this land enough to stand up for it.

For too long we have been silent as our soveriegnty and our citizenship have been sold out by those we trusted. For too long, we have allowed our government to be on autopilot while we slept soundly every night.

We will never again be silenced by critics who call us names or who question our motives based on their own prejudice.

In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg, "we are fighting that government "of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth".

Godspeed.

Tim Donnelly
    CA Minuteman
    MinutemanParty.com

For more information on how you can join the fight, go to http://MinutemanParty.com.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That "racist" dog won't hunt. It is a lie, it is a fabrication, it is a "tool" the open borders lobby decided to use against opponents to illegal immigration, their means to end the sovereign territory of the United States, 35 years ago!!

It's a false accusation, they know to be false, and is simply being wielded to distract, discredit, intimidate Americans trying to save their nation from the adverse impact and consequences of abandoning the rule of law to flood our nation with more people that it can sustain as any broken dam would.

We Stand With You California Minute Men!!

We are behind you 100%!!

GO MINUTEMEN!!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn