Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

so has there been any effect?

The question of the day is whether or not these boycotts will have any large effect or not. Has anyone noticed anything yet? There's so much news on the issue but they basicly all say the same thing.

Forbes had an article noting some tiny effects, but those were mostly in LA. I have to participate in a news discussion in a few hours so I'm trying to find out if these boycotts are even doing anything.

Have you guys heard anything?

The only effect I've seen so far. Is that business is running smooth, the day is great and everywhere I go I only hear English!! Wouldn't it be great if everyday was a "day without (illegal) immigrants".

In Los Angeles a big produce supplier to restaurants etc. is closed...
    they have no clue how this will affect things.

Tyson chicken had to close some of its plants b/c of their illegal
    hiring practices.

Some kids have walked out of school. (I expect it to be a good day
    for the other kids wanting to learn).

Some college kids are doing sit ins. (they copy the 60's movement
    without a legite cause)

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Going to watch Lou Dobbs tonite as there should be some info on his show. He is also going to have that fool Javier Guiterrez on his show who will surely inflate the numbers of protesters that participated around the country. What I have heard so far on the radio in our state (MA) is that there was no impact but favorable, less crowds, more english, same amount of people shopping.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

My town has more business than normal at local stores, little Spanish spoken in the stores-- very little! The noon news said "hundreds" of protesters where yesterday they were predicting "thousands."

I'm thinking that the people don't have the fortitude for protesting when nobody is paying them to do it.

I did see one thing that rattled me on the noon news, though-- It looked like someone had taken that vulture off the mexican flag and sewed it onto an American flag. I hope I saw wrong! There were Mexican flags on the news, though.

Seems that the people from Juarez marched half way up one of the bridges demanding immigration rights ( ) but they got herded back across the bridge into Juarez to stage their protest. You know the Mexican cops let THAT go on!

I passed the high school nearest my house and one with the third highest number of gang members in the city. All was calm there compared to normal as well.

I think the protest was a big dud. I'm glad.

And I bet the store owners are tickled pink with all the extra business because there were a lot more Americans out there shopping today than I've ever seen before. It may be that it seemed like more because there were fewer spanish speaking immigrants, though.

I'm dying to hear what the evening news makes of it all. They didn't have much to say at noon time, after they egged them on all week end and acted like they were doing something good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: so has there been any effect?

Quote Originally Posted by iamblueman4
    The question of the day is whether or not these boycotts will have any large effect or not. Has anyone noticed anything yet? There's so much news on the issue but they basicly all say the same thing.

Forbes had an article noting some tiny effects, but those were mostly in LA. I have to participate in a news discussion in a few hours so I'm trying to find out if these boycotts are even doing anything.

Have you guys heard anything?
    Well I heard on two Radio Stations here. That the Backlash seems to be going to be greater then they thought.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Well, I just heard Trent Lott. Say this has boomerang against Illegals.
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Backlash how, Scubayons?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Backlash how, Scubayons?
    It has awaking the sleeping Citizens. Now they know the facts and are not liking what they are now seeing. From the Senators, at all.

Wouldn't it be great is they shot themselves in the other foot?

I can only judge by what I see here in this border town and I think it was a waste of time for the media to hype it all up, personally. I would have had to go for groceries today anyway but I wouldn't have gone to wash my car or gone to the K-mart (where I spent about $70) if it hadn't been for them shooting off their mouths. I wonder how many other people did likewise.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast