Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Social Security cards for illegals!!

Read this then read below that and sign this petition!!!!!

>> About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

>> "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always
    votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

>> "The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

>> 1. From bondage to spiritual faith;
    >> 2. From spiritual faith to great courage;
    >> 3. From courage to liberty;
    >> 4. From liberty to abundance;
    >> 5. From abundance to complacency;
    >> 6. From complacency to apathy;
    >> 7. From apathy to dependence;
    >> 8. From dependence back into bondage"

>> Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:

>> Population of counties won by:

>> Gore: 127 million

>> Bush: 143 million

>> Square miles of land won by:

>> Gore: 580,000

>> Bush: 2,427,000

>> States won by

>> Gore: 19

>> Bush: 29

>> Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

>> Gore: 13.2

>> Bush: 2.1

>> Professor Olson adds:

>> "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

>> Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

>> If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

Very interesting post RWBL
    I would think that we entered stage No. 8 right about the time that Social Security was voted in. It was well meaning I suppose, but we made government our parent at that moment.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please only post a thread ONE time, REDWHITEBLUE.
    Thanx

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Where's the petition?

The article is from an email going around. The petition as far as I know circulated in 2003.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i brought up this same writing in a middle school report (yes middle school) when I was a kid. I compared the US to Athens/Greece and Rome. One of the largest reasons it's thought that Rome divided in half was due to the immense illegal migration of Germanic Tribes into Romes Northern border.

The romans tried to use some of the tribes to fight the others by giving them what would amount to amnesty but that just made the crime rate skyrocket. The germanic tribes refused to learn any roman customs. When Rome split in half the eastern half quickly fell into the control of various Germanics.

Add that with the Hegemonic Stability Theory and we could be in some trouble if we don't correct our current course of actions.

Fall of Rome on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_rome
    The historian Vegetius theorized, and has recently been supported by the historian Arthur Ferrill, that the Roman Empire declined and fell due to increasing contact with barbarians and a consequent "barbarization", as well as a surge in decadence. The resulting lethargy, complacency and ill-discipline among the legions made it primarily a military issue.
    Hegemony Links:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemonic_stability_theory
    http://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/po ... gemony.htm

There's a difference here I think. Romans were subjects. I doubt they felt what we feel when the flag flies. Their grandfathers fought for coins rather than freedom when a fight came their way. I don't think Americans could ever accept being subjects or stand by uncaring of the lost legacy of our forebears.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    There's a difference here I think. Romans were subjects. I doubt they felt what we feel when the flag flies. Their grandfathers fought for coins rather than freedom when a fight came their way. I don't think Americans could ever accept being subjects or stand by uncaring of the lost legacy of our forebears.
    Well, that's not entirely true. The actual ethnic Romans were full citizens with rights under the Republic. They gradually surrendered their rights to the emperors and found themselves outnumbered by immigrants and mercenaries. Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Well, that's not entirely true. The actual ethnic Romans were full citizens with rights under the Republic. They gradually surrendered their rights to the emperors and found themselves outnumbered by immigrants and mercenaries. Sound familiar?
    exactly correct, towards the end many germans became legal romans.. one was even emperor if my brain rust is correct, but by then the mechanics for failure had gone into full swing and there was no hope, that is why the split occured.

The Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine) way outlasted the Western Roman Empire.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    exactly correct, towards the end many germans became legal romans.. one was even emperor if my brain rust is correct, but by then the mechanics for failure had gone into full swing and there was no hope, that is why the split occured.

The Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine) way outlasted the Western Roman Empire.
    Yep. The Western Roman Empire had been in decline for some time by the late fourth century, but its fatal error was inviting a large number of Visigoth refugees under Fritigern to cross the Roman border at the Danube as they fled from the Huns. Shortly after settling in Moesia, the Visigoths began demanding better treatment (they complained that they were being overcharged for food and other provisions in the face of a famine). Fritigern eventually led a force of Visigoths against Rome and Emperor Valens, who had invited them into Rome. The "revolt" culminated in the second Battle of Adrianople, in which Valens, leading the Roman forces was killed. The final defeat of Rome by the Visigoths did not come at the hands of Fritigern, but rather by Alaric some 30 years later. Still, it was the folly of inviting in a vast army of foreigners of different ethnicity and no allegiance to Rome that led to her downfall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast