Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good points, Steve and Bootsie. I know early is the best time to learn, but I don't think it should only be Spanish which is offered.

It's true, as you said, you feel you didn't really learn it enough to speak it.
    It's another good point. It takes a lot of use to learn it enough to really go around speaking it.

For national security issues, we will need Americans to know other languages as well, for example Chinese. From a national security standpoint I'd venture to say we've got Spanish covered!

Branch out schools. There's a big world out there. Not just Mexico, Central and South America

Taking the Spanish did help me, as I had to speak another language to get hired as a flight attendant for Pan Am. In the interview they gave a language test in which you had to interpret a couple of paragraphs written in your second language. (By the way, the second language could be ANY language). I thought I would fail, but I told them the paragraphs had something to do with a heavy suitcase and an elevator. It worked.
    I ended up seeing the world as a direct result of spending two years taking another language. (Even though I could barely, barely speak it) I was able to read the announcements from the flight attendant manual without any problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heavy suitcase and an elevator!! I love that! Sure--it has helped to have had foreign languages. No question about it but I just don't want one language crammed down our childrens' throats. You had a good point in saying they get enough of that anyway!! Just look at every sign posted in every public building and they are getting Spanish.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

You said it, Bootsie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YUP!

Mississippi? Welcome to the club! Didn't I post that when I went to my local PUBLIC elementary school in Aurora, Colorado, to register my daughter for kindergarten, they gave me a FEDERAL MIGRANT WORKEER FORM IN SPANISH to fill out. I was totally insulted. We are keeping our daughter in a private half day kindergarten and we may sell the house IF she does not get in the GIFTED public school which is 90% white and 40 FEET from the other which is 40% HISPANIC.

As I have said, we are a Spanish speaking household but my daughter is bi-lingual and we live in the USA not MEXICO! If my daughter is placed in any class where Spanish is spoken other than Spanish as a second language for maybe an hour max they are going to hear from me!

FYI There were proposals in California to hold University classes in Spanish. In other words, you could take a Calculus class in Spanish at say, UC Irvine. YEP!

You southernors need to contact Ron Unz of California. He was the California millionaire who funded the end of bilingual education in California, Arizona and Massachussets. Unfortunaately it LOST in Colorado. It lost here because Governor OWENS, a wimp, refused to back the proposal and because a RICH bleeding hearted liberal named Stryker donated $3 MILLION to defeat this.....they ran television ads the supporters could not afford!

This post shows how you in the south need to act NOW before it is too late!
    La Raza, NAACP, ACLU, LULAC, CARECEN will have their lawyers destroying your schools. FIGHT THEM ANYWAY YOU CAN!

I know you could have SPIT TACKS when they handed you that migrant worker form, JackSmith!!! What a WONDERFUL attitude you and your family have. Your daughter is indeed a lucky little girl. She will do well in her country!

We will have to keep a watch out in North Carolina for the same type of malarkey and put a screeching halt to it before they slip it by us. Thanks for the info and the tip.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234