Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My bad.
    I was only using the scriptures as an analogy to say that children have always suffered because of the actions of their parents.

The parents is responsible for the child until they turn 18 or 21 if they are in school. And the children are not deserving of citizenship just because they are in this country because of no fault of their own.
    They suffer the same consequences as any other child with a parent who has committed a crime.
    And the parents of anchor babies should not get a "get out of jail" pass just because their children are deemed citizens because of birth.
    Should not be allowed to stay here because of the birth status of their child.We give no special pass to criminal because of their children.

Dyehard, I can't message you privately because this site does not allow me to do so.

Jesus talked more about going to hell than going to heaven. The book of Revelation talked about hell. I take the bible literally. If you won't do that, then nothing is true and you can interpret it however you see fit. For me, I'm on the safe side and I take it literally.

Yes I know children are sinners. Everyone is. Don't forget that you are too.

I don't remember where this was, but I do remember scripture mentioning how the disciples of Jesus not letting the kids come to Jesus.

Matt 19
    13 ¶ Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
    14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
    15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

I see that you do not think you are going to hell if you don't accept Christ as your savior. I assure you there are many verses saying that to be saved, you must accept Christ as your savior. I just don't feel like listing them now but if you insist, I will show you next time. If you think that you can sin during this life, get away with it in the next, and wait for the final judgment in hopes of God excusing you from sin, then go ahead and think so because it does not burden me. But it is a wrong belief and you should not believe it.

The judgment you are talking about is the second judgment. Christ said in his first visit to earth that he did not come to judge but to save us all. The second coming will have huge judgment on the sinners.

Like I said, take the literal meaning of the Bible to be on the safe side. If you take the whole thing as an allegory, then it's very hard to say what Adam and Eve actually represented. Or maybe the flood was just another allegory and didn't really happen. This is not true. We have to take the bible literally.

I stick by the literal words of the Bible. Allegories are confusing and who knows what the bible is supposed to represent if we interpret it that way? I know I have assurance of salvation. What is YOUR assurance if salvation?

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Thank you so much for the addy GeorgiaPeach.

I see they want to 'shame' the U.S. in front of the world and are calling their children innocent 'refuges'. Refuges from what?????

I don't see how parental stupidity qualifies as discrimination under race, color, religion or national origin or in the administration of justice but that one guy has called the ACLU.

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
    Abraham Lincoln
    I totally agree, MyAmerica. I went to their site and read all 5 pages of the thread (it is still ongoing so I will check back again). There are so many loopholes in their "civil lawsuit," even I can break it down.

The main one is "refugees." They are not refugees in any shape, form or way. Especially the kids from Mexico, which is the biggest percentage of illegals. There is no war in Mexico, no natural disaster that happened when they sneaked in. So how does that make them a refugee?? A refugee is someone who can't go back to their country because of FEAR OF PERSECUTION. Their only fear is that they don't want to leave America. LOL. So, I shot that idea down.

Appealing to the UN? Not gonna work. This, some of them got it right. The UN has NO jurisdiction over our immigration laws OR our civil rights laws. In addition, the UN only steps in when there is a human rights issue, not a civil rights issue. Like torture and genocide. So, shot that down too.

Next is the we-committed-no-crime BS. Being in the US unlawfully -- NO MATTER WHAT AGE -- is in direct violation of the Immigration Code. Proof: Children that are caught sneaking across the border ARE SENT BACK. They are not given a free pass JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE MINORS. It's a non sequitor (in Logic, that means "does not follow"). In addition, if they are now adults (18 and older), they are now responsible for their status and cannot blame their parents anymore. Each day that adult Dreamies stay here is a conscious choice to elude immigration authorities.

The most illogical and ungrateful comment I read is "Why does America bother educating us and then forsake us?" Excuse me? This comment is so obnoxious and illogical I am not even going to bother arguing it.

In conclusion, they are trying to stretch the meaning of "civil rights." From Wikipedia: Civil rights are the protections and privileges of personal power given to all citizens by law.

Note the word "CITIZENS," which the Dreamies are not.

There is a world of difference between CIVIL RIGHTS and HUMAN RIGHTS/NATURAL RIGHTS, most especially today when the world is made up of sovereign, independent countries.

"Human Rights" is a theory, which is about basic human rights. Countries do not have codified (written) human rights. The only body that has a codifed human rights is the UN. In a nutshell, the UN wants to make sure countries are not willy-nilly killing their own people, or torturing them.

"Civil Rights," on the other hand, is a codified set of principles ADOPTED BY A SOVEREIGN INDEPENDENT COUNTRY IN ORDER TO ENSURE ALL ITS CITIZENS equal protection under the law regardless of race, religion, age, sex. In the US, it is called the "Civil Rights Act of 1964."

How the Dreamies are going to stretch their "dream" into a civil rights issue is indeed a stretch. By its very nature, the US Civil Rights Act only covers its citizens, as THE US HAS NO JURISDICTION OVER ALIENS AND FOREIGN NATIONALS who are under the jurisdiction of their own countries. DUH.

The Dreamies ARE NOT STATELESS. They are citizens of another country. Proof? They can't vote here BUT they can vote there. They just choose to call themselves "stateless" for emotional value. They HAVE a state; they just choose not to live in it. Is that our fault? No one here is barring them from leaving to go home. In fact, we want them to!

I hope you Dreamies are reading this. Your strategy is flimsy at best. Any first-year law student can crack it open for what it is. In truth, there is no recourse for you now. How ironic that you use civil rights as a platform! Because Americans treat everyone the same: All illegals are illegals in our eyes, regardless of their age, sex, religion, or race.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

The analogy I make with the scriptures was not a good analogy because in the Bible the children really did suffer. There is no reason to believe if the children were deported with the parents back to the country of their parents, that they would suffer. Take Mexico for instance, they would not starve and there are jobs they can take. There are very good schools that they can attend with financial aid. Thousands of Americans are attending school and working in Mexico. They would not be a culture shock and they would not have to learn the language because they already know the language. No matter if they are born here, when they start to school most of them do not know how to speak English.
    No, suffering is the wrong word to use. They come here for a BETTER life and for piece of the AMERICAN DREAM. There is a good life to be had in Meixco. In the process WE are the ones that suffer because they make it harder if not impossible for us to achieve the AMERICAN DREAM.
    The cost of illegal immigration takes away from us and we suffer.
    I believe the scripture below is a good COMPARISON of suffering at the hand of illegal immigrants.

The Israelites experienced many outrages at the hands of foreigner.
    Lam 2;5-12,19-22.

Standing ovation to you Ex_OC! Well stated.

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
    Abraham Lincoln
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you, MyAmerica. I only hope those Dreamies read it......

Ex-OC, I second that standing ovation!!! You nailed it!

Thank you, Deb. I only wish I could post this on their site, only I don't want to lose my "lurker" status. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    No, they are not a joke. Hopefully they do not have a case. They just want to be heard.They can file these foul law suits and we are not able to file one against those who are filing them or against ilelgal aliens. There must be some kind of class action suit aginst someone that we can file.
    They don't have a case at all. Miami Dade College is catering to those illegal hispanics and letting them go to school there and denying Americans schooling. I'm going after that school for shafting me out of a college education.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

From the Dream website listed above:

"What needs to be pursued is a class action law suit against the United States of America for denying documentation to children who they knowingly educated up until end of High School and then ignored them.

Today I contacted the ACLU in Washington and waiting for a call back. If this situation was occuring in a third world country America and American's would be outraged. You are all American Refugee Children. Stateless. We must all fight for your civil rights to live a normal life in the country you grew up in and studied in."
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast