Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

The Spirit of America by William Bennett

I wanted to share some of the highlighted points from William Bennetts book. This is a great book that I found at a thrift store. I suggest it to all true patriotic Americans that want to know more about the founding fathers, their lives, their loves and their faith. I want to share a few quotes here about what had been said by these great men about Patriotism.

John Adams to Benjamin Rush, April 18, 1808 "Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives".\
    John Paul Jones victory, September 23, 1779
    "I have not yet begun to fight"
    Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence 1776 "And for support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on Divine Providence we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred honor."

There is so much that we have never been taught in school about the beliefs and feelings of our first leaders. Each time they spoke of the independence of this nation, they attributed the success of this nation to Divine Providence alone. Although this is "off subject" this is truly the basis for all of us who belong to Americans for Legal Immigration are fighting to keep, the American way of life that was started in 1776. But more so, we need to re-examine why we feel so strongly about illegal immigration. Does illegal immigration destroy what has been so hard fought for? Yes it does. What our ancestors and the founding fathers have worked so hard for is being dismantled and trampled on by people who have little value for that freedom other than to financially benefit from it, nothing more. These same people have a lowered standard of living that they bring here, in the long run that lifestyle coupled with the large perportions of crime within the illegal immigrants communities drags down our society as a whole. Please, lets learn more about our founding fathers and why they risked everything to declare independence for us against tyranny. We have a good system that we can now work within and fight for whats right for our future.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You know that this really makes me wonder. What are they teaching the Kids in Schools about United States History. Are they even teaching it at all ??????
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Would this, by any chance, be BILL Bennett?? The one who defends EVERYTHING this administration does??? If so, I don't put a lot of credence in what he says. He's a regular on Fox--particularly Hannity and Colmes, and he is a BUSHIE from the word go.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

bennet

bill bennet the bush loving, gambling, hypocrite.

Supporting bush is in no way supporting my sacred honor. What a joke.

bennet, robertson, etc. can't help us in this fight or any other, it would please me to deport them. they sully the names of the Founding Fathers, by uttering their thoughts whilst doing as they currently do. There is a reason you found the book at a thrift store. cheers glenn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Bill or William, not sure

I really don't know if its the same guy, but might be, I'm afraid I don't keep up on that, but I like the fact that the writer includes everything said by the founding fathers, thats the most important point for me. I myself am a "devout" Republican, but.....have become pretty tired of Bush's lack of will to do anything about illegal immigration and other issues he has gotten himself mired in. No man is and island, however Bush has enough common sense to see what he and those around him have gotten themselves into, but he seems to contiune down this path. Whoever I vote for next will have to have strong feelings about illegal immigration (Tom Tancredo?) and about the average working Americans needs. I think we need to get back to the basics of life, a good job with affordable employee benefits, affordable housing and a government that does its job right, the first time, while looking out for the people that employ them.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's definitely the same Bill Bennet and naturalglenn is right on the money--no pun intended! Bill Bennet was caught gambling a year or so ago and it was a big scandal. He finally came out and admitted that he had a gambling problem so, yes, he's as big a hypocrite as the rest of his cronies. He can spout the Founding Fathers' rhetoric but, if he doesn't LIVE it, he's not my man.

AmericanElizabeth--I hate to disillusion you but Bush does NOT have enough common sense to see what he and those around him have gotten themselves into because, if he had, he would have gotten rid of Libby and Rove two YEARS ago when I'm POSITIVE he found out they were the sources of the leaks of classified information. He WAITED until Libby was indicted and Rove is still there while Fitzgerald tried to determine if he has a proveable case against him. No matter that what Rove did was WRONG--Bush is determined to hold onto him unless he's indicted. All Bush has the common sense to see is that he's in a political freefall. Just like with Harriet Miers--he didn't do a damn thing UNTIL his "BASE" raised enough Cain to force her to resign. And, naturally, he made HER do the resigning so HE would look weak. He is DESPICABLE.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton