Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spring 2006 Internship with the office of Senator Burr

This came in my email. Anyone want to apply?

Spring 2006 Internship with the office of Senator Burr in available in both the Washington DC and Winston-Salem, NC offices. 2006 Spring Semester Internship: January 9, 2006 - May 12, 2006 (Deadline for Applications: September 30, 2005)
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Oh yeah--COUNT ME IN!! Maybe I could do a little undercover work for us. It's not too far for me to commute to Winston. Wonder how much he pays???? Maybe he could share part of the raise that they are giving themselves with me. I could sure give him an earful and I doubt that he would want me after the first day anyway. It would be so nice to be able to call him the traitor that he is.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Oh yeah--COUNT ME IN!! Maybe I could do a little undercover work for us. It's not too far for me to commute to Winston. Wonder how much he pays???? Maybe he could share part of the raise that they are giving themselves with me. I could sure give him an earful and I doubt that he would want me after the first day anyway. It would be so nice to be able to call him the traitor that he is.

Bootsie

I don’t know if internships pay anything.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Oh, shoot. I will have to pass. I really think I would be nauseated every time I went to work since he betrayed us. Such a JOKE. I will be SOOO disappointed if we can't get him AND Dole out of office next time they come up. Of course, Burr won't come up again until 2010 I THINK. Wasn't he just elected in 2004?? I'm almost sure that Dole will come up in 2006. I'm going to go check that out.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

BAD news. Dole doesn't run again until 2008 and Burr until 2010. WE ARE STUCK here in NORTH CAROLINA--if there still IS a North Carolina by 2010.

Did you read that Dole could be in line for surpeme court justice if his number one pick doesnt get it?

Well--that would just finish me off. I had not heard that--thankfully! She has performed SO poorly as a Senator, surely they wouldn't confirm her. I take that back--that won't make one bit of difference. Is she even a lawyer???

You just never know. She actually is a li-- (lawyer)

Here is a post that you will not like.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-6107.html

Well, she may be a Harvard-educate lawyer (must have gotten in on Affirmative Action!) but she would be THE WORST choice for replacing O'Connor. The article did say one thing that I completely agree with--she is a BUSH supporter--"sycophant" would better describe her relationship with Bush. She is NOT representative of North Carolina. Maybe we should hope for her appointment and let Mike Easley name a Democrat. ANYTHING would be better than DOLE. Even a Democrat!!! At least, Bowles was against CAFTA.