Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To stop migrants, target employers

Nov. 17, 2008 12:00 AM

Regarding "A higher hurdle" (Republic, Thursday):

I think a bright fifth-grader would know that building fences along the border to keep out illegals is a stupid idea.

The Republic reports that Mario Garcia Salcido scaled the fence at Naco and later was caught. Salcido, according to the article, was on his way to a job at a milk-processing plant in Idaho.

Duh! If there hadn't been a job waiting for him, he wouldn't have entered the country illegally.

Obviously the place to start in enforcing the immigration laws is with the employers who are luring and enticing the illegals to cross the border.

Our government is really not sincere in trying to stop illegal immigration. Why not force the businesses like the milk-processing plant to pay good wages and benefits instead of profiting from the poor illegals at the public's expense? - Vincent Frey,Kearny

www.azcentral.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: To stop migrants, target employers

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Nov. 17, 2008 12:00 AM

Regarding "A higher hurdle" (Republic, Thursday):

I think a bright fifth-grader would know that building fences along the border to keep out illegals is a stupid idea.
    No acutally it's a great idea. They just need to add barbed wire and man the fence.

The Republic reports that Mario Garcia Salcido scaled the fence at Naco and later was caught. Salcido, according to the article, was on his way to a job at a milk-processing plant in Idaho.If barbed wire had been there..

Duh! If there hadn't been a job waiting for him, he wouldn't have entered the country illegally.EXACTLY!

Obviously the place to start in enforcing the immigration laws is with the employers who are luring and enticing the illegals to cross the border.

Our government is really not sincere in trying to stop illegal immigration.They're too much in the pockets of the corporate scum Why not force the businesses like the milk-processing plant to pay good wages and benefits instead of profiting from the poor illegals at the public's expense? - Vincent Frey,Kearny

www.azcentral.com
    Great ideas, Mr. Frey!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is just so wrong on so many levels.

How is it that a man in living mexico can find a job in Idaho when there is unemployment as high as it is?

Of bigger concern though;
    This is our food supply we are talking about here. Do we really want someone who slithered across the border at midnight with no health screen putting their hands on our milk?

Just on that alone should be enough for the fda to take action and inspect the health records of all facilities in Idaho.

Common sense would dictate?

Why wont our govt protect us?
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Quote Originally Posted by Waiter
    This is just so wrong on so many levels.

How is it that a man in living mexico can find a job in Idaho when there is unemployment as high as it is?

Of bigger concern though;
    This is our food supply we are talking about here. Do we really want someone who slithered across the border at midnight with no health screen putting their hands on our milk?

Just on that alone should be enough for the fda to take action and inspect the health records of all facilities in Idaho.

Common sense would dictate?

Why wont our govt protect us?
    I don't know why, but it's time we the people DEMAND to know!!! Welcome Waiter, glad you could join us!!!

also tax the remittinces to Mexico

I live in Mexico an expat married to a Mexican who has no desire to leave and live outside of his country. I did a complete turnaround in my opinion on amnesty and the whole illegal migration issue and am completely against it for many reasons.

While targeting employers would be an excellent idea to deter more illegals from entering our country, Mexico's second largest source of income comes from the money that Mexican workers send to Mexico from abroad. Most of that money is sent from USA. This money is UNTAXED! WHY??? At a time in history when the US government needs money most why is this not taxed?

Welcome mexigrrrl! And you are right that those remittances should be taxed. The last thing I read was remittances from this country, along with the petroleum industry are the only things keeping the Mexican economy afloat at the moment. And surprisingly, the country is having a hard time dealing with those illegally here returning to the country, causing a population explosion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yes PEMEX is the legal number one source of Mexico's revenue, remitances and tourism are #2 and #3 respectively. The price of oil has gone south and so has the Mexican peso. There are many reasons why Mexico wants to export their young working age men and the two that take prevalence are:

they cannot take care of their own people so they encourage their citizens to go to a foreign country where they will earn more money and send a portion of it back to their families. this keeps those families from doing the other thing the Mexican elite fears

they don't want another social revolution like what happened 98 years ago. the young working able bodied men are the most likely to initiate a revolt so they have created this "release valve" to keep them in check. so far it is working.

this second reason is the mainly why I changed my opinion completely. Imagine the social impact that separating families has on the family, children, country, this is the same schpiel Americans have been fed by the pro immigrant crowd, but this same thing is happening here in Mexico and it is having a devestating affect on the people here, and all brought to you by the Mexican elite who feed Americans a stinking line of crap.

I just stumbled on this forum. I am very disappointed in how the immigration issue has affected my friends and family and fellow Americans in USA. I am at a loss for how I can help from down here. At this point I encourage all around me to stay in Mexico and build up this country to make it better so people won't feel they have to leave.

mexigrrrl,

I've said the same thing in the past.

Coming to America is breaking up families in Mexico. Bringing them all here is not the solution. I consider a family, the Biblical family unit: Husband, Wife and minor unmarried children.

Also, I've called America the Relief Valve and until it is shut off, change will not happen in Mexico.

I understand that some people who have returned to Mexico are trying to make changes but I know they are overwhelmed by the government and economic conditions. But you know, you have to start small and work your way up. America didn't become America over night.

It's not just men coming to America, it's also women leaving their children behind and frankly, I don't know how a woman can do that and then set up house and start another family in America and discard the child/children she has in Mexico.

Coming to America has caused a lot of undesirable social conditions in both countries.

Dixie

I will be concerned with a fifth graders opinion when they are required to pay taxes and vote! Until then, save your 5th grade hypotheticals for someone who is "stupid" enough to buy into it!

Quote Originally Posted by mexigrrrl
    I just stumbled on this forum. I am very disappointed in how the immigration issue has affected my friends and family and fellow Americans in USA. I am at a loss for how I can help from down here. At this point I encourage all around me to stay in Mexico and build up this country to make it better so people won't feel they have to leave.
    Welcome aboard Mexigrrrl. I think it's great that your husband wants to stay in Mexico and I assume work to improve it, please give him our appreciation and best wishes.

I just read another article that many Latin Americans in the USA including legal immigrants with money to invest are going back to Latin America, there could be a lot of economic development there if the governments would remove the roadblocks in the way, if they don't they WILL have another revolution on their hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast