Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Students Sue Over Removal of American Flag T-shirts

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/23/st ... latestnews

Students Sue Over Removal of American Flag T-shirts

Published June 23, 2010

Three California high school students are fighting for their right to show their American patriotism -- even on a Mexican holiday -- after they were forced to remove their American flag T-shirts on Cinco de Mayo.

The three were among a group of teenage boys who were told by a school administrator that they had to remove their patriotic clothing or leave the school because other students were celebrating the May 5 Mexican holiday, raising fears of fighting.

The school district later reversed the administrator's decision, but on Wednesday, the three students and their parents filed a lawsuit against the Morgan Hill Unified School District and the principal and assistant principal.

The students’ attorney, William J. Becker Jr., said state law explicitly grants students the right to exercise freedom of speech by wearing “buttons, badges, and other insigniaâ€

Not to mention raaaciiism! These students were clearly discriminated against due to their citizenship and ethnicity.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Not to mention raaaciiism! These students were clearly discriminated against due to their citizenship and ethnicity.
    I agree with ReggieMay and am glad the students are suing. After the students win, the school district to switch to uniforms. No flags, buttons, hats, etc.. It’d prevent this type of controversy in the future and possibly the suits like this.
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWatcher2
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I agree with ReggieMay and am glad the students are suing. After the students win, the school district to switch to uniforms. No flags, buttons, hats, etc.. It’d prevent this type of controversy in the future and possibly the suits like this.

I would like to see them sell some of these shirts over the Internet to raise money for court costs. I would buy one.

I am thrilled they included the racist Assistant Principal in the suit. IMO he more than anyone should bear the blame, he gave in to his obvious disdain for anything American when he made them remove the flag!

I wouldn't mind suing all of those who blatantly display their country's flag in our country while at the same time sucking on the public dole.

Morgan Hill is a great community that allowed itself to be invaded by what the local Hispanic's referred to as the "Nationals". The kids from these Nationals picked on American kids, especially if they were white. I don't know how many times I listened to my daughter or her friends (some who were of hispanic origin) cry and complain because of being bullied by these Mexican National girls.

We had enough and moved in 2002. As I watched the videos of this school that my daughter would have been attending it is obvious nothing has changed and we made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Morgan Hill is a great community that allowed itself to be invaded by what the local Hispanic's referred to as the "Nationals". The kids from these Nationals picked on American kids, especially if they were white. I don't know how many times I listened to my daughter or her friends (some who were of hispanic origin) cry and complain because of being bullied by these Mexican National girls.

We had enough and moved in 2002. As I watched the videos of this school that my daughter would have been attending it is obvious nothing has changed and we made the right decision.
    That happened to my oldest son also. He was constantly picked on by the Mexican "nationals" because he was a white boy.

This is great news! I was hoping for a follow up to this despicable story! The racist VP at that school needs to be fired for his treason to this country. I hope the kids win BIG!!
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    I wouldn't mind suing all of those who blatantly display their country's flag in our country while at the same time sucking on the public dole.
    I'd like to see those anchor babies who display a foreign flag stripped of their citizenship! Be an American in every way or get out!!
    Detect, Detain, and Deport - The 3-D method of choice!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast