Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Super Bowl in Miami

It will be very interesting to see what the people who come for the game think of the city. I believe people won't like it when they ask for directions and the person speaks no English or people try serving them in Spanish.
    I have not seen any more people here than you usaully see this time of year. Is this because people are only coming for a few days and leaving? In the past I have seen cities like New Orleans have people already in the city partying.
    One good thing. The police officers will get lots of overtime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey, swatchick, how are ya? Is the game in Miami or at the Pro Bowl up by the county line?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Biometrics is coming! Get your triple tatooed 6s on your forehead while they last! Offer expires 12/31/09
    Rockfish I think I am going to have to let that offer expire...LOL
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Rockfish: It is at Dolphin Stadium which was previously called Pro Player Stadium. Many people will be partying in South Beach. There are not many hotels close to the stadium at this time and people will have to travel some distance to get there. I am about a 15 minute drive from the stadium. I am in the Skylake area between Miami Gardens Drive and Ives Dairy Road east of I95.

Swatchick, I was going to say that if it was in the Orange Bowl, people coming in from out of town going to the game would really be shocked to find that area is becoming or already is like a third world country. The city of Miami has refused for ages to do anything with the stadium. Oh, they've renovated it here and there, but by and large, it looks like it's been neglected. This is one reason why the Dolphin's Joe Robbie built his own stadium (Dolphin Stadium use to be Joe Robbie Stadium). Back when I was a carpenter, I worked for a company that was doing some work on it. I actually went out onto the field and measured the west 20-yard line to the 30-yard line and found the distance was 4" short!! The area that the Orange Bowl is in is a really old part of town and it looks so 1940s, its not funny. I went to the UM vs VA Tech game in 05 and no one there spoke English. The food being served was lousey, one hot dog was 6.00 and I had to take it back because it was green inside. I kid you not! They need to plow the staduim down and let the UM build their own.

I agree that U of M should build their own stadium. Maybe they end up with a better team once they do.
    In todays Miami Herald they were saying that alot of hotels still have rooms availible and some travel agent said that Super Bowl ticket prices have dropped.

We can only hope that the illegals will take this opportunity to protest with their Aztlan signs.

Neese: I don't think they would for several reasons. First of all there has been alot of ICE activity where numerous people were apprehended on a regular basis and therefore many are scared. Second of all the security is extremely intense. The feds already have their trailers set up. Some police departments here have and/or will report them to ICE.

I haven't heard of the crackdowns in Miami. Is it common for Miami to make arrests like this, or just because of the Super Bowl? Did ICE make arrests at the protest march last year? If not, why?

ICE has been doing many raids for sometime now. As for the protest, they did not go after them at the time but some of the planning people and/or relatives got caught as angry legals ratted them out.