Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TAFSA is for illegal alien kids

Today all teachers where I am were handed a 3 page document and ask to announce to our kids that TAFSA was available for them is they are illegal. At the top of the page it reads "TAFSA is for our illegal kids--some say it's not available yet. This is Texas money for our kids and it also pays a lot. One kid got $40,000 for a private college." They did leave a phone number on this page 1-866-514-5948.

Apparently TAFSA is under FAFSA wich falls under the U.S. Department of Education. It is $144 billon in financial aid that is available to help pay for college.

I was under the impression that the Dream Act failed. I am outraged as a parent who is working his butt off to save money for my own child's education. Now I find out my tax dollars are going to help pay the education of a criminal? This is too much!

I Googled the phone number and here is their web address:
    http://www.fafsa.com/Forms/Ajax/FAFSA/fafsa.aspx

Here is the email we got:

1-866-514-5948

TAFSA is for our illegal kids -- some say it's not available yet. This is Texas money for our kids and it also pays a lot. One kid got $40,000 for a private college!!!

Understanding College Financial Aid

Earning a college education is one of the best investments in your future. Today, college students and their families face a “perfect stormâ€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Guess it must be different in each state or something.....my daughter qualified under every standard, except the "white quota" was full and only minorities could qualify. Even though female was considered a minority they didn't get a quota for them. LOL She had friends of other races in about identical situations but not nearly the grades and they got right in. Maybe she'll stand a better shot soon since she's moved out on her own with roommates and is 21 now. I'm sure they'll find some new reason...but one can hope.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Guess it must be different in each state or something.....my daughter qualified under every standard, except the "white quota" was full and only minorities could qualify. Even though female was considered a minority they didn't get a quota for them. LOL She had friends of other races in about identical situations but not nearly the grades and they got right in. Maybe she'll stand a better shot soon since she's moved out on her own with roommates and is 21 now. I'm sure they'll find some new reason...but one can hope.
    Sad how our government thinks that the American Dream can only apply to non citizens and minority's, that probably worked half as hard as your daughter! No wonder why our workforce is so mediocre we give the jobs out the same way, meanwhile places like japan hire according to qualifications, and were the ones making the garbage while they excel!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    T.A.F.S.A., F.A.F.S.A., T.A.R.P., S.T.I.M.U.L.U.S. and B.A.I.L.O.U.T.S. are ONLY for illegal aliens....not US citizens. We are most definitely on our own as we have been thrown out on our asses into the streets and left to rot........
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    T.A.F.S.A., F.A.F.S.A., T.A.R.P., S.T.I.M.U.LU.S. and B.A.I.L.O.U.T.S. are ONLY for illegal aliens....not US citizens. We are most definitely on our own as we have been thrown out on our asses into the streets and left to rot........

You can say that again.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

You should send that to your state Senator or call and ask what the He__ is going on...it says you must be a U.S. citizen and let them know you are out raged.

This is where Americans should be filing law suits against our state and federal government for using our money to aid illegals aliens.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Apparently TAFSA is under FAFSA wich falls under the U.S. Department of Education. It is $144 billon in financial aid that is available to help pay for college.
    Okay, I'm confused. Is this TAFSA only for Texas students. If so, how can it be a federal program falling under the U.S. Department of Education? Texas can offer its own programs but I fail to see how the U.S. Department of Education can discriminate by offering a specific program to only one state.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    You should send that to your state Senator or call and ask what the He__ is going on...it says you must be a U.S. citizen and let them know you are out raged.

This is where Americans should be filing law suits against our state and federal government for using our money to aid illegals aliens.
    Already sent, thanks.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

TAFSA

I agree that many of us should be mad over this...I am of hispanic heritage..my parents and grandparents have busted their ass trying to make a decent living..they were always faithful with paying taxes and doing everything right..although I would consider myself mexican, I still hate the fact that many people are coming over to the U.S. and making a bad reputation of the mexican people (the loud music,stealing, drinking, etc)..there are MANY stupid people that should have just stayed where they belong but however there are alot of people busting their asses because they really do want to live free. There are alot of kids I know whos great desire is to get an education and become someone, they work and study like everyone else in high school, have outstanding GPA's but have to settle for a community college because of the expenses. I myself I'm paying my way through a community college, had to buy all my books, I'm working a full time job, a leader at church, live an hour away from college & work and on top of that, still paying my car and bills...I didnt receive any federal aid...and I really dont care if I ever do..because I want to have that feeling that I truly worked and busted my butt for everything I have..but like I said there are many kids that are trying to be an asset to this country and just dont have the means to pay their way through college..who could blame them..making $7.25 at mcdonalds isn't going to do..but thats the only thing they can get because of their status...I guess what I'm trying to say is that some of the kids really deserve that aid and we shouldnt judge because we didnt get the help and they did. we should hope and pray so that the people who are truly assets have the right to stay legally..who knows maybe one day they will be the ones saving our lives or fighting for our country.

Some interesting stuff here:

http://dreamacttexas.blogspot.com/2008/ ... rwebs.html

http://dreamacttexas.blogspot.com/2008/ ... l-aid.html

http://www.molinagearedup.com/Financial ... #anchor_46
    NYC gives every college student a $1000 grant called the Peter Vallone Award but to get it you MUST file a FAFSA. Now the government knows where I have every single cent I've saved except for the loose change around the house.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast