Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo: If They Nuke Us, Bomb Mecca

DENVER â€â€

This is the sort of rhetoric that detracts from the cause. *IF* Saudi Arabia as a government attacked us, then reciprocating in kind - striking Mecca and Medina - makes sense. Otherwise, all you've done is given the billion+ followers of Islam a reason to *righteously* be angry with the US.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

I'm with you, Rarius. This is a disastrous turn of events. What in the hell was Tom Tancredo thinking? Good LORD

It was a suggestion or an idea! I see nothing wrong with this; we had the same assurances during the cold war with Russia!

So I guess we should sit back and do nothing if we did get hit with a nuke? Well I guess we should just roll over because if we aren’t willing to even do it and they are willing to kill millions of Americans then we have already lost!

Pro

tms

see this and listen to what he said http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-6677-tancredo.html
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I'm saying we should cross that bridge if and when we get to it. Antagonizing religious nuts who despise us anyway is not too bright.

tms

Tancredo's office clarifies remarks on taking out holy sites

www.9news.com

Tancredo's office clarifies remarks on taking out holy sites
    posted by: Dan Viens Web Producer
    Created: 7/18/2005 6:50 AM MDT - Updated: 7/18/2005 6:50 AM MDT

DENVER (AP) - Colorado Representative Tom Tancredo says he was simply responding to a hypothetical question when he told a radio show host that the United States could "take out" Islamic holy sites, if Muslim fundamentalists attacked this country with nuclear weapons.

Tancredo made the remarks Friday on WFLA-AM in Orlando, Florida.

Talk show host Pat Campbell asked the Littleton Republican how the country should respond if terrorists struck several U-S cities with nuclear weapons.

The congressman later said he was "just throwing out some ideas" and that an "ultimate threat" might have to be met with an "ultimate response."

Spokesman Will Adams says the four-term congressman was grappling with a hypothetical terrorist strike deadlier than the 2001 attacks
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

God forbid we should antagonize the Muslims....what are we fighting a politically correct war. We should wait till they nuke the US before letting them know what we would do if we are attacked again. It's not as if we are fighting one particular country, we are fighting a religious war with a bunch of radical nuts. What should we do, sit on our hands.

I agree with Tom Tancredo, at least he has the guts to say something.

Prometheus is right, with thinking like this we have already lost the war.

I'm telling you, this guy is the MAN. He was speaking off the cuff and should be forgiven. Instead the liberals (and probably Bush Republicans as well) are trying to demonize him already. That says one thing to me: CANDIDATE. I don't agree with what he said but in this politically correct world this guy is like penicillin.

Don't tell that to the FReepers though. They probably think Cheney would beat him in '08.

This statement will be used against him to make it appear that he is a Right Wing extremist even though he isn't one. If you're smart, you don't give the enemy extra ammunition to work with, guys. I can just hear the Democrats and Republicans both saying this guy is an immigrant basher who loves bombing religious sites and since most people will not bother reading this quote IN CONTEXT, it will be a powerful weapon against him. Ask Trent Lott.

You can salivate over this quote all day long, but it will not resonate with the American public in a very positive way.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast