Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: TEAMSTERS OFFICIALS WANT TO MEET WITH DONALD TRUMP!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I hear what you're saying, however, what if Trump is the one to get swayed?
    If Trump can be swayed I'd rather know that now than later.

Don't forget the Teamsters oppose letting Mexican trucks into the USA.

Teamsters Sue to Keep Mexican Carriers Out

March 10, 2015
    By David Cullen

The issue of Mexican motor carriers operating across the U.S. border is not over, at least not in the eyes of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

The union announced today that it has filed suit with U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to block the Department of Transportation from implementing its decision to open the U.S. border to Mexico-based motor carriers later this year.
    The Teamsters said that the lawsuit “contends that the DOT's final report to Congress violated the Administrative Procedures Act because its conclusion— that Mexico-domiciled carriers operate at a level of safety equal to or greater than U.S. and Canadian carriers— is arbitrary and capricious in light of the admitted lack of significant data from a pilot program Congress required DOT to conduct.”
    Joining the union in the suit Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety and the Truck Safety Coalition.
    According to the Teamsters, DOT opted to open the border to Mexico-domiciled trucks “despite the DOT Inspector General (IG) issuing a report which acknowledged that it had been unable to develop statistically significant data in the pilot program.”
    "It is disappointing that the DOT has chosen to ignore the findings of the Inspector General and is moving forward with opening the border to Mexican trucks,” said Teamsters general president Jim Hoffa. “The Teamsters Union will continue to fight for highway safety; the safety of our roads cannot be compromised based on this failed program."
    The union noted that in a letter to United States Trade Representative Michael Froman last week, Hoffa called for the Obama Administration “to protect highway safety and reopen negotiations over Mexican cross-border trucking as part of the ongoing Trans Pacific Partnership."

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/sto...riers-out.aspx

According to Hoffa's statement, they like Trump because of his immigration reform plan and his opposition to free trade treason agreements. So maybe the union really does want to stop illegal immigration as well as free trade treason. It's entirely likely that Democrats have bartered the union to support amnesty in exchange for the Democrats opposing free trade. It's the type of wickedness that seems prevalent in DC. These politicians on the take with the drug cartels will not give it up easily. So the Treamsters and I hope other unions will see an opening to work themselves out of those tight ropes by helping us to elect Donald Trump our new President.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-30-2015 at 07:27 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Trump would be crazy to meet with them! Everyone know that labor union leadership is the biggest supporters and pushers of illegal immigrant amnesty in the country! Without union leadership support the Democrats wouldn't be so adamant in their push for amnesty.
    I'm not sure I would agree on that. If it was the SEIU then I would majorly but last I heard Teamsters were fighting against some aspects of illegal aliens and amnesty. Not all Unions seem to be supporting illegal alien invasions but the ones for low or unskilled workers love them. A number of years ago Teamsters were fighting against letting Mexican truck drivers drive into the US if I recall right. They are also one of the very few Unions I have any respect for.

As such I think them meeting with Trump isn't to try and hamper him on illegal immigration but potentially support on it to an extent and could simply make him look more humane to the working class.

Truckers tend to be very conservative. They're Road Warriors, not effete port city or financial center snobs.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123