Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ted Cruz Takes Massive Hit in Latest Texas Favorability Poll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ted Cruz Takes Massive Hit in Latest Texas Favorability Poll

Ted Cruz Takes Massive Hit in Latest Texas Favorability Poll
    Getty Images
    by BOB PRICE 12 Aug 2016 Houston, TX 3,052

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has taken a massive hit in a new favorability poll among likely Texas voters. More than 60 percent of those polled said they had an unfavorable opinion of the freshman senator. The poll also shows the incumbent senator in a statistical tie in a hypothetical race against Democrat U.S. Representative Joaquin Castro.

Perhaps most revealing in the KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll released Thursday evening is the response to the question asking if the respondent’s view of Senator Cruz had changed since his decision to not endorse the GOP presidential nominee, Donald Trump, during the Republican National Convention in July. Over 53 percent of those polled said their opinion of Cruz was either somewhat less favorable or much less favorable following the decision not to endorse Trump. Just over 27 percent of those polled said their opinion of the senator was either somewhat more favorable or much more favorable.

Even among those respondents who identified themselves as “very conservative,” Cruz’ core base of support, over 50 percent said the senator’s decision not to endorse Trump left them with either a much less favorable or somewhat less favorable opinion of him. Among people who identified themselves as “somewhat conservative,” the move was even stronger with nearly 57 percent saying the decision moved them in a negative direction.

KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll.

Overall, over 62 percent of those polled (likely voters) said they now have an unfavorable opinion of Senator Cruz. The senator’s highest negatives come from women, Hispanics, and blacks, according to the poll. Nearly 75 percent of Hispanics polled said they had a negative opinion of the Texas senator of Cuban descent.

KTVT-CBS 11/Dixie Strategies Poll

The poll went on to present likely voters with a hypothetical match-up between Senator Cruz and Representative Castro.

Breitbart Texas reported in July that Castro told CBS This Morning that he had not made a decision to run against the incumbent senator, but he would “take a look at it.”

In the potential Cruz/Joaquin Castro match-up, the two candidates virtually tied with 31.63 percent saying they would vote for Cruz and 31.43 percent saying they would vote for Castro. The poll revealed over 14 percent of those polled would like to see some other candidate, while nearly 23 percent were undecided.

The poll also put forth two hypothetical GOP primary match-ups against Senator Cruz for the 2018 senate race. The first matched Cruz against Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick. In that match-up, Cruz would win by nearly 15 points. Again, a large percentage of those polled said they would support another candidate or were undecided. Lt. Governor Patrick told CBS 11 reporter Jack Fink that he will be running for re-election for lieutenant governor in 2018. He said he is not running for the U.S. Senate and is not running for governor.

In a hypothetical match-up against Texas General Land Office Commissioner George P. Bush, Cruz fared even better with nearly a 20 point lead, but still not enough for a primary election victory. Commissioner Bush would also have to decide whether to run for re-election to the General Land Office or a possible senate bid.

Neither of these hypothetical candidates has publicly expressed an interest in challenging Cruz in a 2018 GOP primary election.

The poll was conducted by KTVT-CBS 11 and Dixie Strategies. The poll queried 1,018 “likely voters” from across the Lone Star State. The respondents were contacted via phone on August 8-9 following the Republican and Democrat National Conventions. The poll questioned 448 Republicans, 305 Democrats, and 265 respondents who identified themselves as other. The poll has a 3.1 percent margin of error and listed a 95 percent confidence level.

Bob Price
    serves as associate editor and senior political news contributor for Breitbart Texas. He is a founding member of the Breitbart Texas team. Follow him on Twitter
    @BobPriceBBTX.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...rability-poll/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yep, he cooked his goose. He needs to sharpen up that resume and start looking for a real job.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yep, he cooked his goose. He needs to sharpen up that resume and start looking for a real job.
    Give me a break. A poll comes out showing Trump out of favor and it's biased, wrong, liberally controlled by leftist media, etc., etc. One like this comes out that only polls 448 Republicans and it's unbiased, right, and in touch with the voting public. I'm sure Cruz will do fine. For our sake, I hope so anyway. He's a fighter and one we can not afford to lose. Not supporting Trump was not the death-kneel as some profess. Heck, would someone please remind me of why we're still talking about Cruz?

I guess those opposed to Cruz would rather have someone like illegal immigrant, open border lover, Joaquin Castro, in his place. No thank you! Castro was even against Gov. Perry sending the Texas National Guard to the border. Said it was only a feel good policy exercise that wouldn't make a difference. Be careful of what you ask for least we get worse than what we've already got.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW wrote:

Heck, would someone please remind me of why we're still talking about Cruz?
    Hear, hear!

Well said MW, this aught to open up a 52 response thread now....and a few more suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Give me a break. A poll comes out showing Trump out of favor and it's biased, wrong, liberally controlled by leftist media, etc., etc. One like this comes out that only polls 448 Republicans and it's unbiased, right, and in touch with the voting public. I'm sure Cruz will do fine. For our sake, I hope so anyway. He's a fighter and one we can not afford to lose. Not supporting Trump was not the death-kneel as some profess. Heck, would someone please remind me of why we're still talking about Cruz?

I guess those opposed to Cruz would rather have someone like illegal immigrant, open border lover, Joaquin Castro, in his place. No thank you! Castro was even against Gov. Perry sending the Texas National Guard to the border. Said it was only a feel good policy exercise that wouldn't make a difference. Be careful of what you ask for least we get worse than what we've already got.
    Oh I think Republicans will remove Cruz in the primary long before there's a match up with a Democrat. That's my bet anyway.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    . . . Heck, would someone please remind me of why we're still talking about Cruz? . . .
    Because he's running for the senate.

Ted Cruz Files Senate Re-Election Papers in Texas

AP/David J. Phillip

by MICHELLE MOONS 12 May 2016 984

Former 2016 presidential candidate Ted Cruz filed papers on Wednesday to run for re-election to the U.S. Senate in 2018.

A letter from Cruz’s campaign assistant treasurer to the Federal Election Commission reads:

Effective May 4, 2016, Senator Ted Cruz is no longer a candidate for President of the United States. As of that date, his 2018 campaign for the United States Senate and his campaign committee Ted Cruz for Senate have been reactivated.

“Heidi and I feel incredibly privileged to have made the run for president and be part of an incredible grassroots movement,” Cruz says. “I will continue fighting for jobs, freedom, and security in the Senate for 27 million Texans and all Americans across this great country. The conservative movement remains strong and vibrant. When conservatives are united, we are far more effective.”

Cruz suspended his campaign for President after losing to frontrunner Donald Trump in Indiana on May 3. Following his departure from the race Trump called Cruz, “one hell of a competitor, he is a tough, smart guy and he has got an amazing future.” He said of Cruz’s decision to suspend, “What Ted Cruz did is really a very brave thing to do and a great thing to do, because we want to bring unity.”

One response from Cruz on a Tuesday radio program ignited the question whether Cruz could re-enter the race. However Cruz also said in that interview that he wasn’t holding his breath for a change in a path to the nomination.

As Cruz returned to the Senate that day he vowed to continue the movement that began along the presidential campaign trail. He made the priorities of jobs, freedom and security his message along the trail. “I will continue fighting for those priorities, jobs and freedom and security from the United States Senate.”

Later the same day Trump secured wins in both of the day’s Republican primaries in Nebraska and West Virginia.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ection-papers/

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 08-13-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

United States Senate election in Texas, 2018

One-term Republican Senator Ted Cruz was elected with 56.5% of the vote in 2012. He will be 47 years old in 2018. Potential Democratic candidates include United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julian Castro, Congressman Joaquin Castro, 2014 gubernatorial nominee and former State Senator Wendy Davis, and 2014 lieutenant gubernatorial nominee and State Senator Leticia Van de Putte.[35]

Potential Republican candidates include former Governor Rick Perry,[36]author, minister, and former Vice Chair of the Republican Party of Texas David Barton,[37] Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, and Congressmen Michael McCaul,Jeb Hensarling, and Louie Gohmert.[38]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lections,_2018
    NO AMNESTY

Lots of good candidates for the Republican challengers, and I'm sure many more to come.

NO AMNESTY