Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanksgiving

Every year we have it at my house. This year as years past it shall be again. However this time I find myself at odds with some of the family.

My sister/hubby will not becoming this year. Cause I cannot be two-faced about things. My niece (sisters daughter) is dating/living with a "illegal" alien. I cannot bring myself to invite him. Of course my niece is still welcome. So my sister will not come.

I would feel like a traitor to this site and myself, if I were to invite him. Anyone else going up against this kind of turmoil. My wife thinks I am being mean. Even though she doesn't want any type or form of amnesty. isn't it "amnesty" if I invite them directly into my house hold.

Am I right or wrong in my decision ?

Just my ramblings on a crappy day.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

I don't have that problem thank God, but I'll just bet alot of families are facing the same dilemma, I would agree with you, we fight this everyday and you have to take a stand, and there is nothing wrong with standing by your convictions, would be nice if we had more Americans doing the same thing.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Triumph, i also am having a REAL crappy few days so take this for what it's worth.....
    i think you have the right to not invite someone who is a criminal. i know calling your nieces live-in a criminal will not help foster close family bonding, sometimes the truth hurts. and remember to pray for a swift painless holiday season, it's what i do ever year.

This invasion is causing all kinds of divisions in different ways .

Remember the civil war where at times it was brother against brother and father against son ?

I too have many problems with this new age . I have arguments with family and friends for not geting more involved . I have family members who have hired illegals and that really gets to me .

I have family who are losing their livelihood to low wages and no jobs . Some very depressed but not depressed enough to make a stand .

That's a hard one, Triumph. I'm going to give it some thought and will come back with my opinion after I think it over.

I'm sorry. That is putting you in a very difficult position.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you are making the right decision. I hope your niece understands that she could be setting herself up for heartbreak on one of two fronts. She could fall madly in love only to watch ICE drag him off, or he could swear he loves her, marry her, apply to be legal, and leave her with the legal obligation to support him for X number of years. (I think currently it is 5, but I am unsure). By taking a stand you may wake her up to reality. If you do end up being forced by spousal pressure to change your mind, during prayer time you can be thankful for ICE and pray that all illegals are deported in the coming year
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I too have many problems with this new age . I have arguments with family and friends for not geting more involved.
    I have the same problem in terms of people choosing sides in the illegal alien debate. My son's best friend of 10 years is an American Hispanic but he has a multitude of relatives who are in the country illegally. We have agreed to disagree and none of his friends' illegal alien family members (kids or not) are welcomed in my home.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Your Family

Triumph,
    You have my respect. If your family knows you true feelings they should not put you through this test. I would talk it over with my wife and children, and see if they wanted you to invite this individual over even though they know you think that is is wrong.
    If they insist, I would do it for them.
    It is not going to change how you feel nor will it take away from your conviction to the cause of cleaning up American, however, do not let an illegal come between you and your love ones.
    This is just a thought. If I were to be put in that position I am not sure what I would do.

Banned
    Triumph,
    call the cops have him removed from where ever and eat twice as much turkey and pie,
    Knowing that we all have a duty to do for our fellow American be it family or foe and you done yours...

Triumph, in all honesty, I went away and thought about this. I did my best to put myself in your shoes.

As you see I came back and although I had already made up my mind, I did read the other's comments first.

Quite honestly, I believe the advise that everyone has given to you thus far is the correct advise. Every one of them.

The answer is NO. Your family needs to respect YOU. You have put forth a LOT of hard work and effort for the sake of your country.

THEY can either respect you for that, or choose to treat you badly for standing up for what you believe to be right.

Remember it's like this: God, Country, Family.

It's in that order for the SAKE of your family.

Stand strong, and good luck. You will not be alone. So many of us are here on and off on Thanksgiving Day sharing the joy of celebrating our country's heritage together on that day.

I pray that your family will do what is right. God bless you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast