Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by alabamajim
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    As a legal immigrant I will not tolerate this and have begun writing an article for the media and the White House on the cost of staying legal compared to the illegal route. Maybe this will open their eyes. I want to let them know that they should reward legal immigrants by making it easier for a resident husband sponsor his wife and child(ren) in less than a 5 to 6 year waiting period. Another option is allow residence to get their citizenship sooner to bring their immediate family. The spouse would work and pay taxes and help the economy as they wouldn't be sending money back home all the time. These are the people who should be rewarded not illegals.
    Once my article is written and someone prints it, I will post it.
    this is total B/S..what about the Americans that are living on the streets..or the American childern that don't get enough food??we need to take care of our own before, we start care for anyone else..don't be such a weak people and fight for your country..I FOR ONE WILL NOT REST UNTIL ALL ILLEGALS ARE GONE,and i will do everthing in my power that they never come back..let's shut the door now..it time for the American man to still up and act like we have a pair..unless you feel our childern are not worth it..

I wish I could blame this all on the illegals but I totally blame our government for allowing illegal immigration to go on as long as it has.
    The government should take care of its own before they take care of illegals or Iraqis. $500 billion has been spent in Iraq and for what?
    It is the American government that we should declare war on and not illegals. They come because they are allowed to come by our government. If they did their job, there would not be any illegals in this country and our jobs would not be sent out of the country either. so put the blame where it is. Every time my life is made miserable by an illegal, I get angry with my government who use our tax money to expand illegal immigration.

It is the American government that we should declare war on and not illegals. They come because they are allowed to come by our government. If they did their job, there would not be any illegals in this country and our jobs would not be sent out of the country either. so put the blame where it is. Every time my life is made miserable by an illegal, I get angry with my government who use our tax money to expand illegal immigration.
    Well it is pretty clear that the government has declared war on American citizens. Note I did not define that in specific classes of citizens. When push comes to shove the defining moment in this problem will be a great leveler of status.

Some brainwashed illegals have also declared war on the European blood line American citizens for others it is a religious war "eye for an eye" which bush keeps increasing the anty in Iraq civilian casualties by pursuing his ILLEGAL WAR. Given the extraordinary number of civilian deaths in Iraq I would call this genocide as does the rest of the world.

I'd say we have three enemies not one and until we fully confront the REAL enemy of all people the illegal government seated in Washington DC this problem will never be solved and only become more horrific.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Thank you, AmericanElizabeth.
    I believe we all feel the same about illegal immigration and we do need to come together and do someting. Our government will not but our states and cities are taking it own their own to do something and we need to let them know how much they are appreciated. And we need to let our congress and senate know how we feel.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Dyehard when I talk about these feelings, I do not refer directly to them about our own finances, but overall we have to acknowledge that when an American family is going hungry, and when Americans cannot support themselves or their families due to the huge influx of cheap, illegal labor, that is where the resentment begins. I also heavily resent the businesses that are encouraging the illegal immigration problem here as if they only hired those who were legal or Americans, we most likely would not be in this forum at all.

But....see it like this. My husband is 56, I 39. We have two school aged kids yet at home. I have had to homeschool as the schools here are severely overcrowded, and funding is at a standstill. My kids were falling heavily behind, however the youngest was learning Spanish (I say that with heavy sarcasm)!! We knew we needed to do something so we started homeschooling them, which for the most part, takes me out of the running for a full time job (although I have been looking to find a potential night job to work around husbands work and schoolwork).

So we live on his income, which is not much. He works for a company that he will be able to work his way up, which he has somewhat already. Things are tight. We survive, but it is slim. This employer is careful about hiring only legal immigrants, but knowing he can hire them for less, overall wages he offers to everyone is less.

What begins to burn us up is that here we are, law-abiding, working hard to make sure our children get the education they NEED, yet we have to sacrifice that time I could be using to have my own income, because illegals are here and using our schools in record numbers, taking precious resources from American kids, and also dumbing down the system.

Next, we go in the grocery store, and since we have an income, and will not lie about it, or have more kids just to benefit from the state, we scrape for grocery money. Then we see the families from our own neighborhood in the store with their 3 to 5 kids, with their WIC, and then the women get out their state food cards (which state of Oregon swears they do not give them). I was told by a young Latino-American woman that lived here that all the women she knows of come here, and have a few kids, then claim the father is not lving with them, but maybe he is paying the rent. Then she said they get all sorts of help from the state.

She told me this like it was funny they knew how to dupe the state, as though I might think the same way. This young woman told me this is common place with the illegal women.

I took what she said at face value, since she would have not benefited from lying to me.

So this is where my resentment comes in. We live honestly, and to find out that while we do that, those here illegally are duping the government and living quite comfortably, more so than many Americans can afford to live.

I resent it, yes, and not just for myself, but for many people I know who struggle to feed their kids, or worry about their kids teeth with no dental insurance, or no medical. I resent them and my government for turning a blind eye to their corruption.

Would our situation be better if the illegals were not present here? I think overall things would improve financially for this country and then we would feel it in a trickle down effect.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel that only necessary skilled people be admitted into this country as they will pay taxes, not over crowd schools, learn English if they aren't fluent already, and boost our economy as they will spend money here as opposed to living cheaply and sending it back home.
    As for illegals, they infuriate me especially when I hear about them having a house which I cannot afford as a legal. The media does not tell you that the 4 kids the mother had are getting welfare as they are American citizens and thanks to us tax payers they have a steady income to pay their mortgage. Just think if they got $500 a month per kid and they have 4 that means $2000 a month towards a house and home expenses not including their pay. We pay for that and the media will never tell you that. When almost half of my daughter's graduating class was illegal and I don't live in the area which has a majority of Hispanics you know there is a big problem. They have moved into my condo complex as the condos as many units are being rented out by kids who inherited them from relatives. They live in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo with 2 to 3 families and have started using belconies as bedrooms. I have complained to the city about that one as well. They get drunk and urinate outside by the pool, in the elevator and/or in stairwells, have loud parties till the wee hours in the morning and throw household garbage in the recycling bins in the laundry room. It reeks so bad that you can't even do laundry in there and at times it smells real bad when you get off the elevator. I use the stairwell as much as possible to avoid the smell and it is good exercise considering I live on the 4th floor. Due to the garbage problem we have cockroaches and rats. Legal Elizabeth, I see where you are coming from even though you have it worse off than I do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Nope! Nothing! I can't think of ONE positive thing!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    We need to take care of Americans but we also need skilled labor here as well. I know people who have highly specialized jobs and are needed in this country. An example would be a friend of mine who is from England that works on electronic navigation systems on yachts. Another would be registered nurses with a university degree and doctors as there are shortages. We should not stop those people from coming here. What we don't need is unskilled and uneducated labor. We have enough of our own for that. Immigration must be tailored to what is really needed job wise.
    We already have highly qualified Americans who can do all of those jobs. Don't give into the myth that we must go overseas when the talent exists here at home. The Indian government uses that myth to encourage American companies to FIRE American citizens and send their jobs to India and it is KILLING us.

Dyehard,
    If what you are suggesting happens, there will be a lot of open territory to the South. I say we should colonize it. Just line up at the border in our big gas guzzling SUVS and turn it into the Mexico City Land Run. They can learn English to accomodate us and if they don't we can go to the UN and complain about their anti immigrant laws and force them to be changed. There is a lot of undeveloped wealth to the South, they have been too busy trying to colonize the US , a finished country with everything built, than work on their own. Gets my pioneer juices flowing.

It's a joke OK!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

amnesty

Won't work. Calderon will use guatemalans, because they work even cheaper than mexicans. And they use the same lines we do. "just doing the jobs lazy mexicans won't" The flow north will continue

Quote Originally Posted by xanadu
    [quote:2f5trf6v][quote:2f5trf6v]Dyehard said: There may be a positive in amnesty after all.

American Elizabeth said: Good sarcasm dyehard, but if you were not just poking fun, then I would give you a tongue lashing.
    [/quote:2f5trf6v][/quote:2f5trf6v]

I now understand what you mean, American Elizabeth.

Oops, the positive thing I meant was not with amnesty we get 12 million illegals plus their families but that Mexico will not longer get $40 million a year from the 12 million that the now send back to their families in Mexico. That is what my post was meant to say.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast