Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They get WIC..Americans get the shaft

My husband and I are struggling to make ends meet as so many of us are. I was in the grocery store today carrying the coupons I clipped and looking to buy products that were on sale. I needed to buy milk and next to me were 2 Hispanic women, one with a baby and one that was pregnant. As they were filling their carts they were looking at a slip of paper which I recognized as a WIC voucher. I intentionally asked them something in English and one of the women shook her head and said, "No English." So here I am, an American taxpayer paying for the food that I buy and have a pretty tough time doing it and there they are getting food for free at the American taxpayers expense all because they pop out anchor babies. I know that I am making an assumption that these women are here illegally and sucking off of our system but I see this happening so much that I just have to vent. This whole situation just makes me sick and I am to grateful for ALIPAC. I do all I can with phone calls and emails and hope and pray that we will continue to have our voices heard.

I feel the same way, but in the grocery around the corner which I can walk to if needed, there are loads of employees and customers that no-speakedy-Ingles. Ask them if they have fresh green beans or asparagus, and they have to go get the manager for translation. I had to go there one weekend as I was expecting guests from out of town, and at each grocery cart, there were at least two children hanging on, while mom was holding a baby and you could tell she was pregnant again. Many women pay in coupons, men pay in (under-the-table) cash. Very few pay with credit or debit cards like I do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As times get tougher and money tighter, most of these programs will start requiring proof of legal residency. I can't wait.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Welcome leesahly glad to have you here!!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

I use to work in a grocery store and time after time after time i waited on hispanics who gave me an attitude because I didn't speak spanish and they bought food with food stamps and wic and bought $200 worth of cigaretts and booze. I was a single mom and had to struggle to support my two children. One day I took out groceries to a women on food stamps and put her food in a brand new Volvo. Go figure.

Wouldnt matter if they could speak english as they would probably would not admit it unless it benefited them in some way.Havent you heard this is mexico not the USA.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Yes just this past sunday there was a female, male and baby in front of me at the grocerys and she was getting 4 wic voucher , she had like 5 gallons of milk boxes of cereal about 8 juices and not sure of everything else. Then the last one was all the baby cereal, formula and so on.

Don't get me wrong right now I am recieving Wic since I am pregnant but I have paid into the system and so has my husband,Mom,Dad,Grandparents,great grandparents, great great grandparents and sister, botherinlaws and I could keep going. I am Thankful for it but I get sick everytime I go to an appointment when I see all these people that don't speak english and that just says to me they are Illegal in it self (IMO)
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

AE

leesahly and Patrioticsandra, it is VERY frustrating to see this.

My daughter is 25, single mother, and trying to go to school (she is hoping to become a teacher and be able to support herself and her son in a way that will keep them out of the system). I had to hound her to make sure she got her son back onto WIC (she hated to go in there), he is three and needs it, as well, WE are paying and I'd rather it be her than someone who did not deserve it.

So, I went in with her (actually took her she does not have a car), and she was the only English speaking client the entire time we were there. At one point, this girl came in, maybe about 16 and quite pregnant, did not speak ANY English (so young and obviously just freshly here). I was getting more and more steamed as I sat there thinking about all the OBLer's that claim the illegals do not get any state or federal help. LIES (that or they are really ignorant, which I have to say, I DO think they are really ignorant, but that's another thread altogether).

Keep your heads up, you KNOW you are doing the right things, even when it is really hard. These people are undeserving of this, cheats, liars and thieves. Miguelina, I hope you are right, I hope they do start trimming their rolls and booting people off that are not here legally.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

The people behind the counter have no incentive to weed out the illegals. The more people they get on WIC the more money their department receives.

I've mentioned ity before but it deserves repeating.
    For every 1 dollar that someone on WIC receives 9 dollars are spent in the burocracy of getting it to them.

So when you see an illegal paying with WIC it is costing you ten times what you see them spending.

Not to mention the dismal percentage of anchor babies that go on to do something with their life that is a credit to society or makes you feel that all the tax money that we spent on them was worth it.

This isn't a rail against poor people. It's against the people who expect a lifetime handout for crawling across the boarder and cranking out a baby for the profit.

I was in a small Mexican Bodega where they sell beer and smokes and take Food stamps for them. They no longer take WIC as they got caught for misuse of that program. Go to the hispanic flea market and there are tables selling huge amounts of baby formula at reduced price. This is a WIC item.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast