Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am sad about Fred. He is always keeping the border issue primary in his speeches. He was very non committal this evening in his speech and thanking everyone who had been with him from the beginning.

I certainly do not want to hear him say he will back McCain if he does drops out. I hope he will back someone who is strong on the illegal immigration issue.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thompson stays in...for now
    By Sam Youngman
    Posted: 01/19/08 08:15 PM [ET]

Former Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.) did not withdraw from the race for the Republican nomination Saturday night, though many assumed anything less than a second place finish in the state would prompt him to do so.

As he remained locked in a battle for third place with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Thompson addressed his supporters early Saturday night, and left them by saying: "Stay strong."

Even with the overwhelming majority of precincts still out, it was clear that Thompson would do no better than third as Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee were stuck in a narrow fight for first.

Thompson's campaign has said for the past several weeks that a win or a strong finish in the Palmetto State was crucial to the ex-senator's hopes.

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/thomps ... 01-19.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Thompson stays in...for now
    By Sam Youngman
    Posted: 01/19/08 08:15 PM [ET]

Former Sen. Fred Thompson (Tenn.) did not withdraw from the race for the Republican nomination Saturday night, though many assumed anything less than a second place finish in the state would prompt him to do so.

As he remained locked in a battle for third place with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, Thompson addressed his supporters early Saturday night, and left them by saying: "Stay strong."

Even with the overwhelming majority of precincts still out, it was clear that Thompson would do no better than third as Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee were stuck in a narrow fight for first.

Thompson's campaign has said for the past several weeks that a win or a strong finish in the Palmetto State was crucial to the ex-senator's hopes.

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/thomps ... 01-19.html
    So, why the heck is he staying in??? Just to screw things up??? Maybe being that he was McCain's campaign advisor/manager in 2000----he really wants McCain to win????
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I am sad about Fred. He is always keeping the border issue primary in his speeches. He was very non committal this evening in his speech and thanking everyone who had been with him from the beginning.

I certainly do not want to hear him say he will back McCain if he does drops out. I hope he will back someone who is strong on the illegal immigration issue.

Ephesians 4:32
    I don't feel bad for him-----he ran a very sloppy and pointless campaign from day one. Plus, him staying in is now helping McCain, Huckabee, and Guliani to win!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I thought I heard a quote from him saying he will "draw the line at South Carolina." If that's true, then I do expect him to pull out.....
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    I thought I heard a quote from him saying he will "draw the line at South Carolinia." If that's true, then I do expect him to pull out.....
    Even the media is saying that this is what he said!!!

Well, he needs to do it NOW----as I do not want to see McCain, Huckbilly, or Guliani win!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12