Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Three Men Held, No Bail in Death (Oregon)

Wedneday, January 4th, 2006, The Oregonian
    Hillsboro, Oregon, Washington county. County judge found enough evidence to hold three men with out bail for the March 17th murder of a Washington county woman.
    Jorge Reyes Sanchez 22 of Forest Grove, Jose Guadalupe Cazares Mendez 32 of Hillsboro and Jose Luis Lugardo Madero 25 of Hillsboro killed Jessie Mary Valero while robbing her of items they could trade for methanphetamine.
    [i]We know the thread here and I will include the link:
    [/url]ex.ssf?/base/metro_west_news?11363543023880.xml&coll=7[url]
    This has become all to common to hear in the news. No this article does not say wether or not the men are illegals and I am unsure how to find that out, but anyone on this board that has the knowledge of how to find that out, please do, I'd like to know. Many would say it was a robbery gone bad over basically a drug related issue, and that is true. However, understand, that the majority of the news we are getting (which I beleive is reporting all crimes in our area) is with Hispanic young men.
    Please, if anyone can find out if these men were legal or not, let me know, I am curious.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Also, someone explain to me why this URL thingy is not making my links clickable? It worked before, but now it won't?????
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

.........cont Cazares and Reyes are charged with killing Valero while trying to conceal their role in the robbery and burglary of her apartment. They could be put to death if convicted on charges of aggravated murder.

Lugardo is charged with two counts of murder for causing Valero's death during a robbery and burglary.

Valero lived in the same apartment complex as Reyes, in the 800 block of Southeast 11th Avenue. Friends of the defendants said the three knew Valero and had been in her apartment before, according to police reports.

Lugardo told police that he was waiting outside Valero's door as a lookout but ran when he heard sounds of a struggle from inside.

John Manning, Reyes' court-appointed attorney, said Lugardo changed ..his story just a couple days ago and there was no evidence connecting Reyes to the crime scene.

However, Maricela Herrera Nuno, 29, of Hillsboro testified during the release hearing that she knew Valero and, after the killing, saw Reyes wearing a pendant of the Virgin Mary on a gold chain that she said was Valero's favorite.

Reyes traded the pendant to one of Herrera's roommates for meth, said Herrera, who pleaded guilty in May to delivery of a controlled substance and is serving a 16-month prison sentence.

CONTINUED 1 | 2 Next Herrera also testified that she saw Reyes and Cazares, who often came to her Southeast 10th Avenue apartment to trade stolen items for meth, sharpening screwdrivers in her garage last March. She said they told her they used them to break into cars.

A Hillsboro police dog found a screwdriver with a point sharpened like an ice pick when tracking behind Valero's apartment the day she was found dead. Valero's DNA matched DNA from the blood on the screwdriver, Bletko said.

Herrera also testified that Reyes and Cazares came to her apartment looking for drugs before sunrise March 16, the day before Valero's body was found. Cazares had blood on his hands, and Reyes had blood on his pants, she said.
    I could see that they were, like, nervous, but I didn't know if it was because they wanted more drugs or something else," Herrera said.

Ray Bassel, Cazares' court-appointed defense attorney, called two neighbors who testified that they saw Valero outside her apartment the afternoon of March 16, hours after police said she died.

But highlighting language differences and faulty memories in his cross-examinations, Bletko convinced Washington County Circuit Judge Mark Gardner that the witnesses could be mistaken.

The case's next hearing is set for April 12, when defense attorneys will argue against the death penalty.

Holly Danks: 503-221-4377; hollydanks@news.oregonian.com

Previous | 1 | 2

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index. ... thispage=2

the above is a link about how the black community in Portland are becoming invisible with a sixfold increase in latinos-( code word illegal)