Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by diane85 View Post
    I'm an American Hispanic and...Many American Hispanics actually want English to be the official language.
    I knew you guys were there, I hoped you guys were there, we don't get to hear from too many Hispanic Americans, and reading this makes me feel a little better about "We the People" thanks 85 I definitely needed to hear that!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    I knew you guys were there, I hoped you guys were there, we don't get to hear from too many Hispanic Americans, and reading this makes me feel a little better about "We the People" thanks 85 I definitely needed to hear that!
    I'm glad I made you feel better. It is tough for me and other Hispanics who are anti-illegal to get our voices heard. There have been polls and surveys that have shown that many American Hispanics want English to be the official language.

The Spanish language is unfairly shoved down the throats of many proud Americans of different races and backgrounds. I have a friend whose family legally immigrated from Argentina in the late 80's. The parents learned English as teenagers and when they decided to immigrate, they started teaching their kids before they entered the U.S. My friend and her family first moved to Houston, TX and they have moved around Texas. They don't speak Spanish in public at all. My friend's father works for architecture/engineering firm and he refuses to speak Spanish to anyone at work.

It's good to talk over one language as a manifestation of the cultural level. What it is intolerable is that other people who are illegally in our country wants to impose their language as a new form of colonization, these illegal invaders are trying to colonize this nation in different ways they want to implement their celebrations, their food, this country is filled with "taquerias" and Latin restaurants everywhere; Spanish television that could be declared as racist, because in almost every news highlights race and nationality of those involved in the news and promote among their community that any action against the illegal immigration be consider as a racist act against the Latino community.

Banned
    I'm glad I made you feel better. It is tough for me and other Hispanics who are anti-illegal to get our voices heard. There have been polls and surveys that have shown that many American Hispanics want English to be the official language.

The Spanish language is unfairly shoved down the throats of many proud Americans of different races and backgrounds. I have a friend whose family legally immigrated from Argentina in the late 80's. The parents learned English as teenagers and when they decided to immigrate, they started teaching their kids before they entered the U.S. My friend and her family first moved to Houston, TX and they have moved around Texas. They don't speak Spanish in public at all. My friend's father works for architecture/engineering firm and he refuses to speak Spanish to anyone at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalized View Post
    It's good to talk over one language as a manifestation of the cultural level. What it is intolerable is that other people who are illegally in our country wants to impose their language as a new form of colonization, these illegal invaders are trying to colonize this nation in different ways they want to implement their celebrations, their food, this country is filled with "taquerias" and Latin restaurants everywhere; Spanish television that could be declared as racist, because in almost every news highlights race and nationality of those involved in the news and promote among their community that any action against the illegal immigration be consider as a racist act against the Latino community.
    All great points, and its alway's nice to see new blood here ar ALIPAC.
    Welcome diane85.....
    Welcome to ALIPAC Naturaized....

Diane85 and Naturalized, thank you for standing up for our side. PattyK, remember I threatened to have a "wolfie" avatar? Does "she" look rabid enough for ya? (LOL). And Steve, seriously, no matter what you say it's too funny....you ought to be a stand-up comedian!!!! Naturalized, I largely agree with you, except you are incorrect somewhat about the food part-all or nearly all immigrants of the past have contributed their native foods to our culture (why most Americans eat Chinese, Italian, etc. in addition to dishes that were invented here) and they are generally tinkered with over time to suit our tastes-this is usually the main thing that immigrants add to our culture-about the only things that were tried and didn't hit it big here was eating bugs and horse meat!! Latin American restaurants are not bad in and of themselves, providing they are not the only food choice available (and the restaurant is English-friendly like all the other ethnic restaurants out there that I've been too)....the one exception is I heard in parts of North Carolina the old Southern foods that have been around for hundreds of years and eaten by blacks and whites alike, have been "Latinized" in the last decade and are now a hybridization of Latin American and Southern.....that's where I draw the line....and correct me everyone if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a pre-existing food in the U.S. being changed by later immigrants until now. Keep Southern food traditional, Latin American food authentic and any experimentation should be called something else!
    Last edited by sacredrage; 01-05-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Banned
    sacredrage and diane85. Listen, I'm not saying I don't like Latin restaurants, because I don't. Growing up in Southern California, there's no avoiding Mexican food. It's one of my favorite foods actually. Whenever we hang out, my friends and I love getting those huge carne asada burritos with a good chunk of red rice on the side. Christ I'm already salivating here haha. Anyways, what I don't like is when the only language spoken by the workers is Spanish. You don't see Italian or French being spoken only at those restaurants. English is the language of business and the only language that should be used to conduct public transactions.

But yea, Mexican food is damn delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    sacredrage and diane85. Listen, I'm not saying I don't like Latin restaurants, because I don't. Growing up in Southern California, there's no avoiding Mexican food. It's one of my favorite foods actually. Whenever we hang out, my friends and I love getting those huge carne asada burritos with a good chunk of red rice on the side. Christ I'm already salivating here haha. Anyways, what I don't like is when the only language spoken by the workers is Spanish. You don't see Italian or French being spoken only at those restaurants. English is the language of business and the only language that should be used to conduct public transactions.

But yea, Mexican food is damn delicious.

I agree with your points. Different types of ethnic foods are good. Here in New Mexico, there are several Mexican/New Mexican cuisine restaurants that are owned by patriotic Hispanics, these restaurants never display Mexicans flags or anything. They decoration of the restaurants are usually New Mexico inspired which differs from Mexican stuff. Multigenerational New Mexicans make their cuisine different from people from Mexico.

I totally agree with you about restaurants in which the workers only speak Spanish. I avoid those restaurants.

I agree with your points. Different types of ethnic foods are good. Here in New Mexico, there are several Mexican/New Mexican cuisine restaurants that are owned by patriotic Hispanics, these restaurants never display Mexicans flags or anything. They decoration of the restaurants are usually New Mexico inspired which differs from Mexican stuff. Multigenerational New Mexicans make their cuisine different from people from Mexico.

I totally agree with you about restaurants in which the workers only speak Spanish. I avoid those restaurants.
    I think it is because in New Mexico most Hispanics are mostly of Spanish descent and not Mexican. Some are a combination of U.S. native indian and Spanish with no ties to Mexico at all.

I saw it too....or i should say i heard it....usually i ignore commercials....but when i heard it in spanish it got my attention....like nails on a chalk board!! Im so sick of it....English please!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast