Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    You know Dixie, you definitely have a point about the economy, and a lot has to do with all of the people unfortunately losing their homes, this obviously has a big impact on the builders and all surrounding that business.

We have been living in lean times for some time now and the business my husband works for has been very consistent (it is a fabric wholesaler, very big company), so at the very least our lives will stay on a consistent level, if not improve with me getting a small new income.

I have definitely been seeing less people in my complex, out in the stores simply buying in the quantities they were before, and last year this time, the men were all out working, now a lot of them are home during many days of the week.

We have noticed though, that we have been getting a lot of those "glares" when we pull out of here too. We can only guess what is on their minds. Maybe it is settling in with some that their bubble here has begun to burst and they are simply feeling an overall animosity for Americans for having fought so hard to keep them from getting their desired amnesty back in spring (with the thought that had they won it, they would be sitting pretty right now and not struggling)?

I do hope that we begin to see more people leaving neighborhoods and complexes across our country, and start seeing an exodus south. Paige, sorry about what you are seing down there, hope they leave as quickly as they came in for you. The Oregon plates, does not surprise me, they can get licenses up here and although many state reps are fighting it, still there are many who have them and this is their foothold in this state and in others right now.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I LIVE IN THE SANCTUARY CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO. I NOTICE THAT THERE ARE MORE AND MORE OF THEM HANGING ON THE STREET CORNERS IN SOME AREAS. BUT THEY ARE NOT SOLICITING FOR WORK. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE AREA AND JUST HERE TO SEE IF THEY CAN MAKE THEIR WAY HERE. BUT THINGS ARE GETTING SKINNY AROUND HERE LATELY SO I DONT THINK THEY WILL MAKE IT HERE. I HOPE TO SEE THEM GO SOON.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

True, the illegals may be out of work but I've got a feeling it's going to come our way, too.....I'm trying to plan far ahead and figure out a way to keep myself employed. I've been been through enough lean times already, thank you.
    TRUE SOME OF IT WILL COME OUR WAY....BUT IF ENOUGH ILLEGALS LEAVE OR ARE DEPORTED IT WILL LEAVE SOME JOBS OPEN FOR CITIZENS TO GET BY UNTIL THINGS GET BETTER. THEY MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST JOBS..BUT A JOB IS A JOB. I AM STOCKING UP TOO. GETTING MY CREDIT CARDS PAID UP AND SO ON. ITS BEST TO BE PREPARED. ONE OTHER THING I PLAN TO DO IS HAVE SOME GARAGE SALES. I CAN SELL THINGS I DONT NEED OR USE ANYMORE.....WHILE PEOPLE STILL HAVE SOME MONEY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth, I am happy to cautiously report an improvement here, 25 miles ENE of Atlanta. It's noticeable enough that I can report this, although CAUTIOUSLY.

Paige and RedPony, I sure feel for you with your elected officials turning your areas into sanctuary cities. Wow.

The worsening economy has already struck our family with a lay-off. It's pretty devastating financially and emotionally, with all of the worry that you go through.

As more and more people get laid off, it will make Americans realize that we cannot afford to have millions of people in our country illegally. We ARE going to need to take our jobs back, whether they are jobs we want to do, or don't want to do, we're going to need them in order to take care of our families when the hard times hit, which I fully believe is well underway.

Let's hope for the best and let's pray that our government will be responsible for the people they are suppose to be responsible to.

I believe that Legal is right. The evidence of rising unemployment, the possible ditch of the dollar and the refusal of the courts to enforce the E-verfiy system that President Bush tried to make mandatory shows that there is still a war on the middle class and its not about to let up. All of the outsourcing and discrimination that is continuing is fanning the fire and the traitors keep pushing for the NAU. I don't see a whole lot of improvement. The current crackdown is only superficial enforcement and has no heart behind it. It is merely a form of lip service. Things aren't going to change until

1) We get a President into the White House who is Pro-American all the way.
    2) American citizens quit living beyond their means. Living on credit which was the result of the credit boom of the '80s has contributed to the weakened of the dollar among other things.

Big corp likes us to be tempted by those big SUVs, new and bigger houses with those attractive rates. Politicians like the lower rates for re-election purposes. It's like neither the consumer, the producer, or their government knows better. The drive of greed and the false image that 'keeping up with the Jones' produces, is why we are in the position we are in.

My favorite commercial is when you see the guy cleaning his pool, mowing his big yard, washing his new car with his wife bringing in more loaded shopping bags than she probably really needs, and all the while he's got a big smile on his face, even when he states at the end of the commerical; "And I'm in debt up to my ears".

This activity, or behavior of Joe Middleclass has got to stop, for all it does is feed the profits of big corp and keeps us in slavery. The only way we will ever be free is when your household and mine are debt free, except for the one traditional and understandable item, your house. Everything else should be paid for in cash. If it means working harder and longer to get what you want, then that's what you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    You know Dixie, you definitely have a point about the economy, and a lot has to do with all of the people unfortunately losing their homes, this obviously has a big impact on the builders and all surrounding that business.
    Here in Oklahoma, HB1804 couldn't have been made law at a better time for two reasons:

1) The housing slump means fewer construction jobs for illegals.

2) Many illegals take a long vacation during the wintertime and go back home. Those who went back home will not be coming back to Oklahoma in the spring.

We have noticed though, that we have been getting a lot of those "glares" when we pull out of here too. We can only guess what is on their minds. Maybe it is settling in with some that their bubble here has begun to burst and they are simply feeling an overall animosity for Americans for having fought so hard to keep them from getting their desired amnesty back in spring (with the thought that had they won it, they would be sitting pretty right now and not struggling)?
    There's a gas station near my parents home that became overrun by illegals. They didn't solicit for work there, but it was a popular pick-up/drop-off spot. Two weeks ago, I was walking out of the gas station and an illegal was drinking a beer right in front of the store. He gave me a look like I didn't belong there and I decided to call the police. That guy was taken to jail and I've noticed that the "traffic" has slowed down at that gas station ever since he was arrested.

Here are some other things I've noticed over the last couple months:

1) Illegals in Dallas now know that Oklahoma is off limits and wonder why "Oklahoma doesn't like Mexicans".

2) Illegals have replaced the foreign flags on their cars with american flags.

3) There used to be a new busload of illegals arriving to town every day. That is no longer the case.

4) Dozens of illegal landscaping companies that used to canvas my neighborhoood seem to have vanished.

There hasn't been a mass exodus, but attrition through enforcement does seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    The guy who mows my lawn did have a drywall business and employed 6 Legal workers but the Illegals put him out of business.

He told me today a lot of the illegals have disappeared and some contractors are calling him and other construction workers to fix the mistakes the Illegals made and are now showing up in the homes they helped build.

I know the economy has a lot to do with them leaving but hopefully they are feeling some enforcement heat too.
    THAT IS GREAT NEWS. SUB-CONTRACTORS USED ILLEGALS ON OUR HOUSES WE FOUND OUT LATER. WE'RE THE THIRD PEOPLE HERE IN SEVEN YEARS. WE NOW HAVE CRACKS IN OUR WALLS. I HOPE THIS CONTINUES TO HAPPEN AND THEY ARE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. Make sure they tell their friends and families word gets out that they are spending twice the money then illegals are gone.

Welcome SecuretheBorder.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Rockfish, I too believe that the enforcement we are watching is likely superficial, but...do the illegals know that? Seems to me they do not. We have been told by this one kid here (he is 13 and friends with my son) that the people taking off from this complex are going back to Mexico.

So, knowing this has given me hope. I think that many do not know it is for "shows" and really think they would be better off getting out with their goods while they can, instead of being deported and lose it all.

I think it may be more evident in some states than others though. Likely in the badly invaded states it may take a while to notice a difference. Up here we have a fairly small population of illegals (so far as it goes in comparison toe other states such as CA, AZ and TX anyways).

Lean times a coming all? I think so. I plan to get a foothold and do some pantry stocking up myself. I feel secure knowing my husband has a secure job, it seems there are plenty of people out there that continue to quilt as a hobby, thus making my husbands job possible (he is a receiving clerk for this fabric wholesaler), so at least our lives will remain steady.

As for the issue of debt, we do not have any. We are currently renting, and do not owe anything on our recently purchased vehicle. I do think all too many people are in a bad position and have gotten in over their heads as well. Although I would love to have a house right now, I would not want high interest rates which would ultimately make payments unaffordable.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    The guy who mows my lawn did have a drywall business and employed 6 Legal workers but the Illegals put him out of business.

He told me today a lot of the illegals have disappeared and some contractors are calling him and other construction workers to fix the mistakes the Illegals made and are now showing up in the homes they helped build.

I know the economy has a lot to do with them leaving but hopefully they are feeling some enforcement heat too.
    THAT IS GREAT NEWS. SUB-CONTRACTORS USED ILLEGALS ON OUR HOUSES WE FOUND OUT LATER. WE'RE THE THIRD PEOPLE HERE IN SEVEN YEARS. WE NOW HAVE CRACKS IN OUR WALLS. I HOPE THIS CONTINUES TO HAPPEN AND THEY ARE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. Make sure they tell their friends and families word gets out that they are spending twice the money then illegals are gone.
    heh. They painted my apartment complex and my car, shortly after buying the place. I never got any money for the paint job on my car. They painted all the doors and windows shut on the apts. I moved out a month later, I think I was the final tenant to do so. Not sure what happened to the place after that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast