Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: In Tribute to Son, Khizr Khan Offered Citizenship Lesson at Convention

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One cannot compare the sacrifice of one soul to the thousands that were forced to fight terror, death, loss of brain, limbs, by what comes from muslims.

The father's temperament is showing why muslims have become our enemy. He should spend his time converting his fellow muslims into having a peaceful and respectful stance for others in the world. They are the ones w/o tolerance.

You lost one son, how many other sons & fathers were killed by your muslims? the deceitful, demanding, contriving, pushy ways of muslims never stops. they are bred to be aggressive, deceitful, argumentative, demanding & butchers. Look around at the troubles of the world - the proof is in the pudding.

Shameful the DNC used this tactic -- a smack in the face to OUR FAMILIES' LOSSES.
    Last edited by artist; 07-31-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Well said, artist. As time moves on, people will see this for the promotion of foreign Muslimism that the speech was actually made to accomplish. I believe it will be a fail, a total fail, as Americans contemplate the actual purpose of the speech and the wrongness of it being directed against Donald Trump who had nothing to do with the Iraq War, who had nothing to do with the death of Khan's son, who opposed the War in Iraq and whose only goal with his ban on foreign Muslim immigration is to keep all Americans in the United States safe from Radical Islamic Terrorism.

Can someone anyone find out who Khan works for?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pence: Trump immigration plan will stop others feeling Khans’s ’enduring heartbreak’

July 31, 2016, 09:05 pm
    By Cyra Master

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence defended his running mate in a statement Sunday night, blaming President Obama and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton for the “disastrous decisions” that led to the death of Capt. Humayun Khan in Iraq.

Pence said both he and GOP nominee Donald Trump believe Khan “is an American hero and his family, like all Gold Star families, should be cherished by every American.”

Trump sparked controversy late last week when he lashed out at the captain’s father, Khizr Khan, over his speech at the Democratic National Convention, which was critical of Trump.

Pence’s statement aimed to move forward from Sunday’s criticism of Trump that came from all sides.

“Captain Khan gave his life to defend our country in the global war on terror. Due to the disastrous decisions of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a once stable Middle East has now been overrun by ISIS. This must not stand,” Pence said.

“By suspending immigration from countries that have been compromised by terrorism, rebuilding our military, defeating ISIS at its source and projecting strength on the global stage, we will reduce the likelihood that other American families will face the enduring heartbreak of the Khan family.”

House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell both released statements calling Khan a hero earlier Sunday, while Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)said Trump’s comments crossed a line.

Senate Minority Leader Harry called Ryan and McConnell spineless” for refusing to revoke their endorsements Trump.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...others-feeling
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Khizr Khan: Trump has a 'black soul'

By Eric Bradner, CNN
    Updated 8:56 PM ET, Sun July 31, 2016

Washington (CNN)Khizr Khan, the father of a Muslim US soldier slain in Iraq in 2004, said Sunday that Donald Trump has a "black soul," indicating he lacks empathy and compassion.

Khan told CNN's Jim Acosta on "State of the Union" that he hopes Trump's family will "teach him some empathy."

"He is a black soul, and this is totally unfit for the leadership of this country," Khan said. "The love and affection that we have received affirms that our grief -- that our experience in this country has been correct and positive. The world is receiving us like we have never seen. They have seen the blackness of his character, of his soul."

Khan moved into the national spotlight after he pulled out a pocket copy of the Constitution during his speech at the Democratic National Convention. He said Trump would have barred his Muslim family from entering the United States.

Khan said Sunday Trump's "policy, his practices, do not reflect that he has any understanding of the basic, fundamental constitutional principles of this country."

Khan calls on GOP leaders to stop Donald Trump

"He talks about excluding people, disrespecting judges, the entire judicial system, immigrants, Muslim immigrants. These are divisive rhetoric that are totally against the basic constitutional principles," he said.

He also said Trump lacks key traits that presidents need.

"Two things are absolutely necessary in any leader or any person who aspires, wishes, to be a leader. That is moral compass and second is empathy," Khan said.

Khan called on House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to withdraw their support for Trump.

"It is a moral obligation -- history will not forgive them," he said. "This election will pass, but history will be written. The lack of moral courage with remain a burden on their souls."

He said those GOP leaders have a "moral, ethical obligation to not worry about the votes but repudiate him; withdraw the support. If they do not, I will continue to speak."

Both McConnell and Ryan issued statements Sunday afternoon praising Khan's son and reasserting their opposition to Trump's proposed temporary ban on Muslim immigration, but neither mentioned Trump.

"Captain Khan was an American hero, and like all Americans I'm grateful for the sacrifices that selfless young men like Capt. Khan and their families have made in the war on terror," McConnell said. "All Americans should value the patriotic service of the patriots who volunteer to selflessly defend us in the armed services. And as I have long made clear, I agree with the Khans and families across the country that a travel ban on all members of a religion is simply contrary to American values."

Ryan said: "America's greatness is built on the principles of liberty and preserved by the men and women who wear the uniform to defend it. As I have said on numerous occasions, a religious test for entering our country is not reflective of these fundamental values. I reject it. Many Muslim Americans have served valiantly in our military, and made the ultimate sacrifice. Captain Khan was one such brave example. His sacrifice -- and that of Khizr and Ghazala Khan --should always be honored. Period."

The weekend back-and-forth drew a sharper response from Jeb Bush, one of Trump's vanquished GOP primary rivals.

"This is so incredibly disrespectful of a family that endured the ultimate sacrifice for our country," the former Florida governor tweeted Sunday night.

Former President George W. Bush's office, in a statement from a spokesman, echoed some of the Republican congressional leaders' views.

"President Bush isn't commenting on this presidential election. President Bush remains deeply grateful for the sacrifice of all Gold Star families, as we all should be. He thinks about them and prays for them each and every day."

Khan pushed back on Trump's suggestion that his wife, who was also on stage at the DNC, was not allowed to speak. He said she has high blood pressure and didn't want to speak for fear she wouldn't be able to hold herself together discussing her Gold Star son on stage.

"For this candidate for presidency to not be aware of the respect of a Gold Star mother standing there, and he had to take that shot at her, this is height of ignorance," Khan said. "This is why I showed him (the) Constitution. Had he read that, he would know the status a Gold Star mother holds in this nation."

Trump had first suggested Khan's wife was not allowed to speak in an interview with The New York Times' Maureen Dowd, saying: "I'd like to hear his wife say something."

Then, he told Stephanopoulos, "If you look at his wife, she was standing there, she had nothing to say, she probably -- maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me."

Khizr Khan's wife, Ghazala Khan, responded to Trump in a Washington Post op-ed Sunday.

"Walking onto the convention stage, with a huge picture of my son behind me, I could hardly control myself. What mother could? Donald Trump has children whom he loves. Does he really need to wonder why I did not speak?" she wrote.

"Donald Trump said that maybe I wasn't allowed to say anything. That is not true," Ghazala Khan wrote. "My husband asked me if I wanted to speak, but I told him I could not. My religion teaches me that all human beings are equal in God's eyes. Husband and wife are part of each other; you should love and respect each other so you can take care of the family."

Khizr Khan had also said in an interview with The Washington Post that Trump's attack on his wife was "typical of a person without a soul."

"Emotionally and physically -- she just couldn't even stand there, and when we left, as soon as we got off camera, she just broke down," Khan told the Post. "And the people inside, the staff, were holding her, consoling her. She was just totally emotionally spent. Only those parents that have lost their son or daughter could imagine the pain that such a memory causes."

Trump, in a statement released Saturday by his campaign, called Capt. Khan "a hero to our country and we should honor all who have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country safe."

But after Khan's Sunday CNN interview, Trump tweeted: "I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!"

Earlier Sunday, he also tweeted: "Captain Khan, killed 12 years ago, was a hero, but this is about RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR and the weakness of our "leaders" to eradicate it!"

Trump also pushed back on Khan's on-stage suggestion that he has "sacrificed nothing and no one" in an interview with with ABC News' George Stephanopoulos aired Sunday on "This Week."

"I think I've made a lot of sacrifices. I work very, very hard," Trump said. "I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs, built great structures. I've had tremendous success. I think I've done a lot."

And on Sunday night Trump's running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, issued a statement praising Humayun Khan and explaining Trump's policies.

"Donald Trump and I believe that Captain Humayun Khan is an American hero and his family, like all Gold Star families, should be cherished by every American," Pence said.

"Captain Khan gave his life to defend our country in the global war on terror. Due to the disastrous decisions of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a once stable Middle East has now been overrun by ISIS. This must not stand," Pence added.

"By suspending immigration from countries that have been compromised by terrorism, rebuilding our military, defeating ISIS at its source and projecting strength on the global stage, we will reduce the likelihood that other American families will face the enduring heartbreak of the Khan family."

"Donald Trump will support our military and their families and we will defeat the enemies of our freedom."

Hillary Clinton also weighed in on Trump's Khan comments on Sunday in remarks to parishioners at the Imani Temple Ministries in Cleveland, Ohio.

"Mr. Khan paid the ultimate sacrifice in his family, didn't he? And what has he heard from Donald Trump? Nothing but insults, degrading comments about Muslims, a total misunderstanding of what made our country great religions freedom, religious liberty," she said.

Clinton added: "I don't begrudge anyone of any other faith or of no faith at all. But I do tremble before those who would scapegoat other Americans, who would insult people because of their religion, their ethnicity, their disability, that is just not how I was raised, that is not how I was taught in my church."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/politi...mp-black-soul/

It's funny how this Muslim thinks. He thinks it's okay for him to attack someone, but when they counter-punch back at him, he wants to whine and whine and name call and judge. Is this the Muslim religion? I guess so!! Freedom for me, but not for thee!! That's Muslimism. They can accuse Trump of all types of things of which he had nothing to do with, then they can call him a "black soul" and tell McConnell and Ryan "history will judge you if you support someone I oppose"? Really?

Hey, you transplanted Pakistani, we have free elections in this country, we have free opinions in this country, and neither you nor anyone else has the right to do anything except encourage someone to vote for your person.

This will be the last article on this I will post because I can not stand to listen to another video of this Pakistani accent chattering about a Constitution he doesn't have a clue about. Exploiting his son's death in Iraq, in a war Trump opposed, a son who died 12 years ago, for political promotion of foreign Muslimism?

Oh please, Democrats, do not fall for this line of Muslim propaganda. And I guess from the sound of it, some Republicans, too. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!! It's all calculated rubbish.

Did you know?

August 30, 2006
    Unknown soldiers: With 38,000 Bronze Stars awarded in the Iraq war, where are the stories of heroism?

Did you know that, during the Iraq war, the Bronze Star has been awarded 38,000 times for American GIs’ actions well above the expected performance of duty?

Not all of these medals were earned for unusual bravery, but let’s assume at least 1,000 of our troops demonstrated rare and unselfish courage to earn the Bronze Star. About 1,000 of the Bronze Stars were awarded specifically for valor. That would be 1,000 stories of American heroics. That would be 1,000 stories hardly told.

I’ve been following the war fairly closely for three and a half years, and I admit I can’t think of 10 American servicemembers who have made headlines for their heroism.

* One of them is U.S. Army Sgt. 1st Class Paul R. Smith, who was killed April 4, 2003, just as Baghdad was liberated. Sgt. Smith jumped atop an Armored Personnel Carrier and machine-gunned at least 20 of the 100 Iraqi Republican Guard troops who were closing in on about three dozen of his fellow soldiers near Baghdad’s airport. So far, Smith is the only soldier whose Iraq service has been recognized with a Medal of Honor.

* Another hero is Marine Cpl. Jason L. Dunham, who died April 22, 2004, eight days after he jumped on a terrorist’s grenade to save three fellow Marines at a checkpoint in Husaybah.

* Another hero is Army Staff Sgt. William Thomas Payne. On Sept. 12, 2004, in Baghdad, when a car bomb disabled and set fire to a Bradley Fighting Vehicle, Payne ran through insurgents’ gunfire and climbed atop the vehicle to pull the crew and other soldiers to safety.

* Another hero is Marine Sgt. Rafael Peralta, who was shot in the face Nov. 16, 2004, as he entered an enemy hideout in Fallujah, and then was killed when an insurgent rolled a grenade toward him and his fellow Marines. To protect his buddies, Peralta snatched the grenade and held it to his body.

* Yet another hero is pioneer pilot Chuck Yeager’s grandson, Marine Cpl. Joel Yeager, who in November 2004 exchanged grenades with the enemy and tossed one back, too, saving a buddy under fire in Fallujah.

* Another hero is Army medic Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, who on June 2, 2005, in Baghdad was shot in the chest, got back up, chased and captured the sniper who shot him. When Tschiderer discovered the sniper was wounded, he gave him first aid.

* Three other heroes are Army military police, Sgt. Leigh Ann Hester, Staff Sgt. Timothy Nein and Spc. Jason Mike, who defended their convoy from an ambush by 40 insurgents March 20, 2005, southeast of Baghdad.

Who are they? You might have heard about these American heroes of the Iraq war. You probably didn’t. If you did, it’s unlikely you heard or read news accounts of their gallantry for more than a day or two.

Why have we heard so little? The 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico should know about the noble sacrifices their native sons and daughters are making every day in Iraq. We’re paying for this battle. We should know more about those who fight for us and for freedom.

We hear regularly about Abu Ghraib and Haditha. Those incidents and allegations certainly don’t represent the common behavior of GIs in Iraq. Yet I’ll bet my house that more Americans know the names Lynndie England and Charles Graner than know Paul Smith and Jason Dunham.

Quiet at the Pentagon. This is not simply the fault of the anti-Iraq-liberation news media. Someone at the Pentagon should be getting the full story out, and that someone has dropped the ball. Two months ago, the Blackfive military blog pointed out how hard it is even to find how many troops have earned Silver Stars. Everyone should demand a full accounting. Give us the stories.

American soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen are doing hard, heroic work in Iraq. In addition to all those (38,000) Bronze Stars and Smith’s Medal of Honor, another 11,700 Purple Hearts and 195 Silver Stars have been awarded.

Our troops are demonstrating exceptional valor, virtue and sacrifice in their risky operations. It’s time we heard about them.

Frank Warner
    http://frankwarner.typepad.com/free_...n_soldier.html

Well, that was as of 10 years ago so I'm sure those numbers have grown. And today we only hear from the father of a Muslim, not because of what his son did, but because of his father's support for foreign Muslim immigration and his hatred of Donald Trump for wanting to ban it until it can be vetted to keep us safe from Radical Islamic Terrorism.

I imagine there's lot of military families sitting around the TV wondering why to get a voice at the DNC you've got to be a Muslim immigrant who hates Trump for his Muslim immigration ban without any regard for the purpose of the ban which is to protect all Americans from Radical Islamic Terrorism, even the loud-mouth angry immigrant from Pakistan pointing his finger at Americans and waving his copy of the Constitution.

Oh please. It's just sickening how degraded the DNC and Media doing its bidding have become.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-01-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Why didn't Mr. Khan stay in his own country...fight for his freedom...and stand up on his countries stage and mouth off??

These people need to stop coming here and go fight for their rights and freedoms on their soil...not mouth off on OURS!

Terminate the FAILED refugee and asylum programs. These people should not abandon their own country. You want America...stay and fight for it and build it yourselves. Not take from us.

What The Media Is Not Telling You About The Muslim Who Attacked Donald Trump: He Is A Muslim Brotherhood Agent Who Wants To Advance Sharia Law And Bring Muslims Into The United States
    http://www.alipac.us/f9/what-media-n...4/#post1511499

When the parents of a soldier who died 12 years ago in Iraq choose to don the stage of the DNC to attack Trump for his ban against foreign Muslim immigration in order to prevent more Radical Islamic Terrorists from entering the United States, something is very wrong. When the father of that soldier waves the Constitution and points his finger at the American People who support such a ban for all too obvious reasons, something is very wrong. When the parents of a soldier support a candidate who voted for the Iraq War like Hillary Clinton, a war that took the life of their son, and in support of that candidate attack her opponent who opposed that war which history and outcome have shown was an unwise imprudent war that has destabilized the Middle East and created ISIS, increasing the threats of Radical Islamic Terrorism against the United States, something is very very wrong. When everpedia claims this couple entered the United States on a student visa so Mr. Khan could attend Harvard University to study for a Masters in Law (what is that?) in Boston, yet the New York Times article claims they arrived in Houston, not Boston, and rented a $200 a month apartment, SOMETHING IS VERY VERY WRONG.

Wake Up Media. You've been PUNKED!

VOTE FOR THE SMART ONE.

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!

McCain slams Trump for attacking Khan family
    Eliza Collins, USA TODAY 12:11 p.m. EDT August 1, 2016

Trump made remarks about Ghazala Khan, who stood silently by her husband as he gave an impassioned speech about their son, Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed by a car bomb in Iraq in 2004 and was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star.

John McCain came out with a blistering statement against Donald Trump on Monday over the Republican nominee’s attacks on the family of Army Capt. Humayun Khan, who was killed in Iraq in 2004.

"In recent days, Donald Trump disparaged a fallen soldier’s parents. He has suggested that the likes of their son should not be allowed in the United States — to say nothing of entering its service,” McCain said in the statement. “I cannot emphasize enough how deeply I disagree with Mr. Trump’s statement. I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates.”

“In the end, I am morally bound to speak only to the things that command my allegiance, and to which I have dedicated my life’s work: the Republican party, and more importantly, the United States of America. I will not refrain from doing my utmost by those lights simply because it may benefit others with whom I disagree,” the statement continued.

Khizr and Ghazala Khan gave a moving tribute to their son on the last night of the Democratic National Convention. During his speech Khan slammed Trump’s proposal to ban Muslims from entering the United States and accused Trump of never having read the constitution. The Khan family immigrated to the U.S. from Pakistan.

Trump was put on the defense and has attacked the parents, saying Khan had "no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, (which is false) and say many other inaccurate things."

I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 31, 2016

“Arizona is watching," McCain said. "It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party. While our Party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us.”

McCain ended the statement by thanking the Khan family for immigrating to America.

"Lastly, I’d like to say to Mr. and Mrs. Khan: thank you for immigrating to America,” McCain said. “We’re a better country because of you. And you are certainly right; your son was the best of America, and the memory of his sacrifice will make us a better nation — and he will never be forgotten."

The Arizona senator has said he will support Trump though he did not attend the Republican National Convention last month. Last year, he was pulled into a controversy of his own with Trump. The businessman said McCain wasn’t a hero despite being captured during the Vietnam War.

McCain, who was the Republican nominee for president in 2008, is currently in a competitive race over his Senate seat in Arizona.

On Monday morning his competitor Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick's, D-Ariz., campaign manager released a memo hitting McCain for supporting Trump saying that the two are "heading to Election Day together."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...khan/87907276/

The Khan speech at the DNC was NOT A TRIBUTE to their son!!! It was a LOW CLASS DISGUSTING PRO-FOREIGN MUSLIM POLITICAL ATTACK ON TRUMP!!

And of course McCain, attacks Trump in support of the Muslim Immigration Lawyer, Mr. Khan, which is what his attack on Trump was all about. No Muslims immigrating to the US under the Trump Ban, then no immigration legal services for Mr. Khan to line his pockets with by filling up our country with foreign Muslims, many of whom are not coming here to become Americans, but are coming here to push their radical religious political agenda, including Radical Islamic Terrorism.

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

Don't be punked by the scum.

McCain's Gotta Go!

SUPPORT KELLI WARD FOR US SENATE IN ARIZONA!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!
    Last edited by Judy; 08-01-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast