Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trump again refuses to rule out 3rd-party run

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump again refuses to rule out 3rd-party run

Trump again refuses to rule out 3rd-party run

www.palmbeachpost.com

Palm Beach Post - ‎3 hours ago‎

Some Republican officials don't take the businessman and reality TV star's candidacy seriously. Others fear that heading a third-party, Trump could siphon votes away from the eventual Republican nominee and ultimately cost the GOP the presidency.

The Latest: Trump tries to clarify McCain remarks

3:22 p.m. Saturday, July 18, 2015

AMES, Iowa — The latest on the Republican presidential contenders wooing social conservatives at the annual Family Leadership Summit, an event that's expected to attract thousands of potential Iowa caucus-goers. All times are local.
    ___
    Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., reads from the Bible at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, Saturday, July 18, 2015. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

12:30 p.m.
    During a news conference after his appearance, Trump did not apologize but tried to clarify his remarks: "If a person is captured, they're a hero as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the job John McCain is doing in the Senate because he is not taking care of our veterans."

Trump said he avoided service in the Vietnam War through student deferments and a medical deferment, then said he didn't serve because "I was not a big fan of the Vietnam war."

He added he wasn't a protester.

Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., laughs while speaking at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, Saturday, July 18, 2015. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

Other 2016 hopefuls were quick to attack Trump's comments. In a statement, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the remarks make Trump "unfit to be commander-in-chief." On Twitter, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said: "After Donald Trump spends six years in a POW camp, he can weigh in on John McCain's service." Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush wrote on Twitter: "Enough with the slanderous attacks.

@SenJohnMcCain and all our veterans — particularly POWs have earned our respect and admiration."

___
    noon
    Republican presidential candidate, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., waves after speaking at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, Saturday, July 18, 2015. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is again criticizing a well-respected member of his own party.
    Speaking at a conference of religious conservatives on Saturday, Trump was pressed on his recent description of Arizona Sen. John McCain as "a dummy."

The moderator, Republican pollster Frank Luntz, described McCain as "a war hero." McCain spent more than five years as a prisoner of war after his plane was shot down during combat in Vietnam.

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump speaks at the Republican Party of Arkansas Reagan Rockefeller dinner in Hot Springs, Ark., Friday, July 17, 2015. (AP Photo/Danny Johnston)

Trump said McCain "is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."
    Trump is among 10 GOP presidential candidates on the program for the Family Leader Summit in Ames, Iowa.
    ___
    Republican presidential candidate, real estate mogul Donald Trump, speaks at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, Saturday, July 18, 2015. (AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

11:30 p.m.
    Donald Trump is currently running for president as a Republican. But while courting evangelical voters at the Family Values Summit in Ames, Iowa, on Saturday, he again refused to rule out a third-party run if he doesn't win the nomination.
    Some Republican officials don't take the businessman and reality TV star's candidacy seriously. Others fear that heading a third-party, Trump could siphon votes away from the eventual Republican nominee and ultimately cost the GOP the presidency.

And when pressed, Trump again refused to apologize for his recent description of Mexican immigrants as "rapists" and "criminals." Instead, he says, he's "so proud of the fact that I got a dialogue started on illegal immigration."

___
    11:15 p.m.
    Florida Sen. Marco Rubio is aggressively refuting the notion that he lacks experience compared with others in the Republican presidential field.

The 44-year-old freshman senator argues that he best understands the challenges Americans face today. He says he understands having to live paycheck to paycheck and notes that until recently he had student loans payments.

Rubio admits some of the candidates have more experience "on the issues we faced 18 years ago, but no one running has more experience on the issues we face right now, today, in the 21st century."

Rubio was the first presidential candidate to address the annual Family Leadership Summit. Nine more Republican prospects are scheduled to take the stage in Ames, Iowa.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/ap/ap/t...ury-iss/nm23J/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would rather see Trump as a third party candidate. Then again, maybe he only needs some people skills? Trying to manage this man's campaign must be like trying to protect yourself after falling into a den of rattlesnakes. I am impressed favorably at the way they have handled to negative comments about the boss, though.

Third party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_party_(United_States)
    Wikipedia

Third party candidates very rarely win any elections. For example, such a candidate only won a U.S. Senate election twice (0.6%) since 1990.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'd sure hope he runs as an independent should he lose the Primary. While I don't want Hillary to win for sure I don't want Jeb or any of the GOP cronies to win as well. I'd rather see the GOP candidates lose huge due to Trump scoring a LOT of what they need and hopefully take it as a wake up message to what people are listening to from Trump.

Plus I think Trump has the guts to sue in the event of a loss vs Hillary on voter fraud and as a candidate he has the right to demand it to be looked into in depth. Such a thing could very well set the ball in our courts over fixing voter fraud. Thing is no GOP dog will ever consider a lawsuit on it and chasing the situation. There is even rumor of an old back seat dealing between the GOP and DNC that the GOP will never challenge the DNC with voter fraud.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    I would rather see Trump as a third party candidate. Then again, maybe he only needs some people skills? Trying to manage this man's campaign must be like trying to protect yourself after falling into a den of rattlesnakes. I am impressed favorably at the way they have handled to negative comments about the boss, though.
    Unfortunately a 3rd party run for him would pretty much seal the deal for the Democrats. That's the way I see it anyway.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    I'd sure hope he runs as an independent should he lose the Primary. While I don't want Hillary to win for sure I don't want Jeb or any of the GOP cronies to win as well. I'd rather see the GOP candidates lose huge due to Trump scoring a LOT of what they need and hopefully take it as a wake up message to what people are listening to from Trump.

Plus I think Trump has the guts to sue in the event of a loss vs Hillary on voter fraud and as a candidate he has the right to demand it to be looked into in depth. Such a thing could very well set the ball in our courts over fixing voter fraud. Thing is no GOP dog will ever consider a lawsuit on it and chasing the situation. There is even rumor of an old back seat dealing between the GOP and DNC that the GOP will never challenge the DNC with voter fraud.
    I don't see Rick Santorum or Scott Walker as "GOP cronies."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I don't see Rick Santorum or Scott Walker as "GOP cronies."
    Nope but realistically neither of them could win vs the big GOP dogs like Jeb. If Jeb wins you can bet that some sort of amnesty will pass off the Dems and the GOP RINO's like Jeb. If Hillary win's Amnesty still won't get through the Reps as they won't allow it to be a *signature* Dem win unless the Dems can take the Senate and House which is unlikely in the next 4 years. But Trump making the GOP take such a hard loss if he pulls a large enough voting block as an independent may make a few more Reps wake up and if Trump has the balls he could do some serious damage even in a loss to Dems and their illegal voting blocks. Just think Cali alone challenged on voter fraud and it actually investigated through a lawsuit. If more then a handful are found that's pretty wide proof of voter fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post

Interesting point. I'd love to see someone take on the Dems for voter fraud since the GOP can't and/or won't.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I see 40 Pieces of Silver Marko Rubio still is running around conservative groups trying to get gullible and naive conservatives to support him. We patriots need to work harder at educating other conservatives about his lying treachery in promoting the infamous amnesty bill S 744. Why are supposed “conservative” groups inviting this low life, lying, duplicitous, treacherous, back stabbing, piece of garbage to speak?

Rubio lied and lied and lied playing the Judas Goat to get conservatives to support amnesty. I bitterly resent any supposed conservative group that helps Rubio perpetuate the lie that he is a friend of patriots. His support for amnesty should disqualify him from speaking to any supposed conservative group. When Rubio is invited to speak that group is telling other patriots that open borders and amnesty are not important. It is a slap in the face to patriots like us. We patriots need to raise bloody hell with those supposed conservative groups that are aiding Rubio in his attempt to sell himself as a friend.

You can not be a conservative and for amnesty—period!
    Last edited by csarbww; 07-20-2015 at 11:12 PM.

Most of these people can't be educated it seems. I have a number of friends mostly Dems and a couple Reps who its the party or nothing. They will NOT talk about politics and have a real debate but they will quickly say how so and so is so horrible and bad because its what the Media said and then refuse to talk about it. I'm always reminded of one good friend that is on the far side of the political line (liberal who thinks Obama and Hillary are so great). I've tried to talk to her on what either have done, how their policies help Americans especially on many specific issues including why so and so Rep or Trump is so bad. She will sometimes admit when faced with facts that someone should be done even when the fully wrong thing is done by those she supports. But then she just shuts down and refuses to talk politics. I've even asked her on the *women don't get paid the same as men thing* if she knew any women in the same job with the same time in being paid less then a male colleague and of course she never has a single instance she has personal knowledge of but that is one of her 3 key issues. Same stuff goes for most of these other buffoons on both sides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast