Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trump Hits 51% Approval in Rasmussen Poll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

Every poll has its up and down years. And yes, the way a poll organization tilts does have something to do with their results. Those results can be skewed based on the way the questions are asked. Hmm, I thought everyone knew that.
    LOL!! Everyone does know that, which is why Trump Supporters rely on the Rasmussen poll. Lefties and Trump Haters like the other ones.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Judy wrote (excerpt):

I realize you hate Trump and want Republicans to lose in the mid-terms, but that's not going to have a good result for our country or cause, so it's quite a peculiar stance to take here, in my opinion.
    I'm sick and tired of you using this tactic of yours to discredit me by attempting to paint me as some lame liberal that wants to see our country and Republicans fail. This is the third or fourth time you've done this over the last two days and I request that you cease and desist. It's an old tactic that many of us are familiar with. "If you can't discredit the message, discredit the messenger."

I'm a registered Republican voter and have been for over 40 years. I voted for Trump and was extremely hopeful he would fulfill his campaign promises on illegal immigration and border security. I still support him in that effort. However, I do not support:

- His flip-flop on DACA which immediately put a nasty taste in many of his supporters mouth. Not a good start.

- His attempt to amnesty almost 2 million illegal aliens which would have been the largest illegal alien amnesty since 1986. Another broken campaign promise.

- His signing of the latest spending bill which provided zero funding for his wall or increased funding for more ICE agents and BP. Also failed to get funding for more detention beds. He should have vetoed and forced a Congress revision.

- His talk and potential reversal on TPP.

- His failure to end NAFTA (its been 15 months and no end in sight). During the campaign he led us to believe his action against NAFTA would be quick and decisive.

- The continuing of catch & release.

- The asylum system still being gamed just like it was under Obama.

- Increased H-2B visas by pushing the cap up 15,000 last year after his campaign promise to put Americans first.

- No attempt to individually deal with E-Verify or birthright citizenship.

- Didn't purse a Clinton indictment (a broken campaign promise).

- Trump didn't drain the swamp as promised, he flooded it with Goldman Sachs alumni and Bush-era officials, making his cabinet the richest in U.S. History.

- He failed to label China a currency manipulator (broken campaign promise).

There are others but that is the few I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm sure you'll come up with plenty of excuses in a an attempt to defend Trump. Some may be what you feel are legitimate but there is absolutely no defense for many of them.

I'll grant you that Trump is not without his successes. To date it has sort of been a mixed bag. What Trump hasn't been to date though is this huge fire in the sky negotiator and savior he passed himself off to be. I don't believe I would be amiss if I stated many of his supporters had hoped for more success at this point in his administration. I also don't think I'd me amiss to say many of us in his base of support are very disappointed in his broken promises!

I will continue to support Trump and the Republican party when I feel they are doing the right thing by the American people. However, what I refuse to do is give them a free pass when I question their motives, agenda or actions.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's right out of the DemoQuack play-book, MW. I'm listening to DemoQuack Mark Warner right now telling Cavuto on Fox News how Trump hasn't drained the swamp, he's not delivered on his promises to the American People, blah, blah, blah, blah. When your complaints against our President are the same as what I hear every day from Democrats, there's no difference between you and a Democrat except how you might vote. That's not good for the goal of electing Republicans in the mid-terms because mid-terms in the first term of a President are a referendum on the President.

I'm not the one discrediting you, your posts do that, MW.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-17-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I don't agree! I see your posts as contradicting your claim to be a Republican. Geraldo Rivera is registered as a Republican. Other than supporting Trump, I see not one thing conservative in what he says.

You can't dispute the things MW listed as failures by Trump, but you can only see his accomplishments. Yes, he has accomplished more in less time than just about any other president, but he has had many failures as well.

MW
    That's right out of the DemoQuack play-book, MW. I'm listening to DemoQuack Mark Warner right now telling Cavuto on Fox News how Trump hasn't drained the swamp, he's not delivered on his promises to the American People, blah, blah, blah, blah. When your complaints against our President are the same as what I hear every day from Democrats, there's no difference between you and a Democrat except how you might vote. That's not good for the goal of electing Republicans in the mid-terms because mid-terms in the first term of a President are a referendum on the President.

When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.

When you can’t attack the message you always seem to attack the messenger. When your own ethics are so low and your hypocrisy so high, you assume nefarious intent from everyone. I've seen you use this tactic repeatedly. Perhaps if you used stronger material to back up your argument and had more confidence in your facts you wouldn't find it necessary to utilize such a weak tactic. Just saying ....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.

When you can’t attack the message you always seem to attack the messenger. When your own ethics are so low and your hypocrisy so high, you assume nefarious intent from everyone. I've seen you use this tactic repeatedly. Perhaps if you used stronger material to back up your argument and had more confidence in your facts you wouldn't find it necessary to utilize such a weak tactic. Just saying ....
    Oh I don't think so.

Nope, definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    I don't agree! I see your posts as contradicting your claim to be a Republican. Geraldo Rivera is registered as a Republican. Other than supporting Trump, I see not one thing conservative in what he says.

You can't dispute the things MW listed as failures by Trump, but you can only see his accomplishments. Yes, he has accomplished more in less time than just about any other president, but he has had many failures as well.
    I've already disputed everything MW listed when the various items were mentioned or posted to begin with during the past 15 months.

I've already disputed everything MW listed when the various items were mentioned or posted to begin with during the past 15 months.
    Then I guess you were wrong!

Oh no, I don't think so.

Nope, definitely not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234