Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump Meets With Christian and Jewish Leaders

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Meets With Christian and Jewish Leaders

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/28/politi...aders-meeting/

Trump Meets With Christian and Jewish Leaders

By Eric Bradner and Noah Gray, CNN
    Updated 7:47 PM ET, Mon September 28, 2015

Washington (CNN) Donald Trump prayed and talked with dozens of evangelical Christian and Jewish leaders Monday in a conference room in his Trump Tower offices, another step in his efforts to reach out to an influential set of Republican primary voters.

Trump's pastor and some close friends were also there, said Don Nori, the founder of a Christian book publishing company.

Nori said Trump spoke for awhile, but spent most of the time listening.

"It started out inquisitive and a little cautious, but by the end it was more cordial, everyone wanted a picture with him," he said. "People had a lot to say to him, a lot of advice, (but) it was not a pep rally for Donald Trump."

The GOP front-runner has stumbled at times when questioned about faith. During a forum for social conservatives in Ames, Iowa, in July, Trump conceded that he has never sought forgiveness from God.

"I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right," he said. "I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

Later that month, after he said the Bible was his "favorite book," Trump declined to recite a single verse from the religious text when challenged by Bloomberg News. When asked if he preferred the Old or the New Testament, he replied: "Probably equal. I think it's just incredible."

But Nori said Trump's faith was apparent in Monday's meeting.

"He talked a lot about his faith. He says it's not something he wears on his sleeve, but it was very obvious he was a man of faith," he said. "He is a much kinder man than he appears."

The meeting included pastors from Texas, California and elsewhere.

Bishop Clarence McClendon of the Full Harvest International Church in Los Angeles said the meeting was "insightful" and "enlightening."

He called it an opportunity to hear from a candidate in a setting that "was unfiltered."

"I believe there's a reason why Mr. Trump is making such an impact with such a broad range of constituents," he said.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-trump-tower/

Donald Trump Meets, Prays With Religious Leaders in Trump Tower

by Katie McHugh 29 Sep 2015

Current GOP primary frontrunner Donald Trump met with forty different religious leaders in Trump Tower on Monday to pray, and to reaffirm his support for Israel and for Christians under attack by the Left.

Pastor Darrell Scott was impressed with Trump, telling The Brody File that Trump listened attentively while nodding his head, “humbly” accepting criticisms from leaders asking him to tone down his rhetoric. “He has a very high regard and a very deep respect for men and woman of the cloth,” Scott said.

Black leaders told Trump they felt he hadn’t connected with black voters. Trump cited polls highlighting black support but ultimately agreed with them.

“I think Donald Trump changed the opinions of the African-American pastors that were in the room. They saw a side of him outside of the media depiction, and that they would give strong consideration in regards to supporting his candidacy,” Scott said.

Scott’s observations echoed that of CEO of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Javier Palomarez.

“It’s kind of interesting, the dichotomy between the private Donald Trump and the public Donald Trump. He listened a lot more than he spoke. He never once interrupted me,” Palomarez told CNN:

At one point, Palomarez said Trump joked that “he didn’t need the Hispanic vote” as he referenced his high poll numbers.

“But I think we both know that he’s recognized that in fact, he does need the Hispanic vote,” Palomarez added.

As Breitbart News has noted, Trump is already campaigning for the general election, amassing a broad base of support by meeting with and listening to diverse different voter blocs. Trump earlier vowed to protect American Christians’ religious liberty, declaring “I’m one of you!”
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn