Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Trump order would target high skilled worker visa program

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There may be reasons that make it easier, more profitable, etc., to hire foreign workers.

But I still have to ask, who was doing the work before?

How did those resorts manage to maintain a staff? They apparently were.

I'm sure it's easier to contact an employment company that handles foreigners, tell them how many you want, and they show up.

It's messy having to interview, fill out the paperwork, maintain records, deduct and match some taxes, fire, etc. when you are dealing with Americans.

Just a quick check seems to say foreign workers must pay income taxes - depending on some tax treaties,but realistically how many do? If they do, do they get to file returns and get more back due to our 'unearned income tax credit'?

But in exchange for that messiness, we get citizens who maybe help keep their family off welfare, young people may be able to save to pay for college. The monies they earn will be spent in this country - not sent or taken back to a foreign country.

I realize it is an 'everyone does it' situation, and I realize how convenient it must be, but it is a no no for me.

That's the same arguments employers use for hiring illegals.

Yes, it's legal to hire HB workers - only because the powerful and wealthy have had the clout to get such laws passed. I don't see any difference between hiring HB workers and hiring illegals.

who was doing the work before?
    OUR YOUTHS! That is often their first experience in the real world, that landscaping job, restaurant work etc. These experiences do not exist for them anymore due to cheap tricks like trump uses and our gov't sets up. trump should practice what he preaches.O

Our older youths with student loans $$$$ & IT degrees, will not be able to leave their parents basement as long as zuckerberg and his like hire h1-b foreign workers and trump continues to allow it.
    Last edited by artist; 04-18-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post
    OUR YOUTHS! That is often their first experience in the real world, that landscaping job, restaurant work etc. These experiences do not exist for them anymore due to cheap tricks like trump uses and our gov't sets up. trump should practice what he preaches.O

Our older youths with student loans $$$$ & IT degrees, will not be able to leave their parents basement as long as zuckerberg and his like hire h1-b foreign workers and trump continues to allow it.
    Absolutely!!!

You would think this country was just in a mess before we began bringing illegals and other foreign workers.

As I understand it, there is a 65,000 cap on H1B visas, plus an "exemption to the cap" for up to 20,000 foreign student graduates of US colleges and universities. That's why they use the number of 85,000 instead of 65,000. Congress is so sneaky.

I would also like to hear more speak-out about the 1.1 million green cards issued every year. The only person speaking out about those is Senator Tom Cotton from Arkansas who wants to cut it in half I think to less than 500,000.

500,000. That's 10 new cities a year of towns the size I live in and we haven't had enough jobs to go around for the many years I've been here. But I guess 500,000 is better than 1.1 million.

Time to start the yelling about these green cards. Those are true madness to me at these numbers, and they're mostly poor people moving here and moving in with other poor people and immediately sign up for welfare with the rest of the family.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You are not making me feel better, I had not considered those.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    You are not making me feel better, I had not considered those.
    LOL!! I'm sorry. But we have to focus on the big numbers. The whole immigration, legal and illegal, is numbers. We seem to get caught up in these smaller issues like H1B's, which are bad, because they're abusing the program because we haven't had a Labor Secretary smart enough or honest enough to actually enforce the rules. But numbers-wise, they are small potato compared to the green cards and even other visa programs like that H2B program. That's the program that's stealing jobs from our youths, not the H1B program. The H2B program allows 70,000 of those into the country a year. Then there's the H2A visa program for up to 10 months of temporary/seasonal work, mainly used by agriculture, but some other industries as well, and that's another 140,000.

So Green Cards, 1.1 million, H1B plus H2B and H2A combined is another 295,000 for a total of just these programs of 1.4 million every single year, then there's other types of visas and guest worker permits and on and on and on. So knock the hell out of that green card 1.1 million, then cut the H1B way down, get rid of the H2B completely, and limit H2A, to agriculture and raw food, mushroom growing and seaside seafood cleaning and stuff like that where they need thousands for a couple of months or whatever.

Oh it's a mess, nntrixie. The numbers are outrageous which is why we'd do better for our cause to hit them all, yes, but focus on the biggest ones as our priority which is GREEN CARDS.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just imagine what kind of country we would have if we stopped this insanity.

People would have jobs, would be paying taxes - rather than taking.

Maybe we could get back to actually having laws and enforcing them.

Oh, there are a lot of things that I can think of that would be more comfortable, safer, and better.

Oh, it would be the dream of our country we've always held. Everyone free, with good jobs and benefits, very little poverty and unemployment, and certainly only temporary, not permanent, not generational, plenty of good businesses and manufacturers operating properly, making great high-quality, well-made products we're all happy and proud to purchase and own. There will always be sad cases and situations where we need programs to address them, but not for 1/3 of our population. It's just outrageous what we're doing and have allowed to happen in our country to our own people.

Trump will fix it. I know he will. It won't be fixed in a couple of months, the problem is too enormous for that at this point, but it will be fixed soon. He will end illegal immigration into the United States once and for all, because he's the only person to win the Presidency with the the will and skills and intentions and tenacity to do so. It will be done quickly and quietly.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-18-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12