Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trump pick for top UN migration post apologizes for anti-Muslim tweets

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Post Trump pick for top UN migration post apologizes for anti-Muslim tweets

Trump pick for top UN migration post apologizes for anti-Muslim tweets

BY MAX GREENWOOD
    The Hill

President Trump's pick to lead the United Nations' migration agency apologized on Friday for his past social media postings criticizing Islam as a violent religion.

Ken Isaacs, the U.S. nominee to lead the International Organization for Migration (IOM), said at a press conference at the U.N. that he did not intend to "hurt anyone's feelings" with his tweets, and that many of the posts were taken out of context.

"I will have to say that Twitter, 140 characters, is not a very good way to make comments, but it's also not a good way to capture the context of what was said," Isaacs told reporters, according to CNN.

"Would I tweet again? No, I wouldn't. But if I'm elected the director general or if I'm not, I believe in the human rights of the individuals. I believe every individual is unique, has a valuable life, and they all deserve equal and fair treatment."

Isaacs first came under scrutiny earlier this year, when CNN highlighted a series of tweets and retweets from his account expressing anti-Muslim views.

One of those tweets, for example, argued that "Islam is not peaceful." Another encouraged Austria and Switzerland to build walls to stem the flow of refugees into the borders.

Isaacs previously apologized for those tweets – a point he reiterated on Friday.

"There's nothing that I can say to change what I said," he said, according to CNN. "I've apologized for the hurt that I've caused. I have hundreds of Muslim friends around the world, and I've had them for years. So I do not believe that Islam is a violent religion, and I have no distinction, no discrimination against anybody of any religion or no religion."

Isaacs currently serves as the vice president of programs and government relations at the Samaritan’s Purse, the evangelical humanitarian group headed by Franklin Graham, the son of evangelist Billy Graham.

He is running against two other candidates – IOM's current deputy secretary-general Laura Thompson and Antonio Vitorino, a former Portuguese deputy prime minister – for the top U.N. migration job.

Since its establishment in 1951, the IOM has been helmed by Americans. But Isaac's past comments have threatened to break that precedent.

Trump pick for top UN migration post apologizes for anti-Muslim tweets
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why is it that our side is the only side that apologizes? Do you ever hear liberals apologize for anything? Do you ever hear Muslims apologize for anything? Do you ever hear Muslims denounce terrorism as a whole? I didn't think so. I'm sorry, but I like those on our side that don't apologize and double down. The left sees apologies as a sign of weakness. Once you give in to the mob, it's over. They own you. STOP APOLOGIZING FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO MORE MIGRATION FROM ANYWHERE!

I DO NOT CARE WHAT RELIGION THEY ARE!

WE ARE 21 TRILLION IN DEBT.

NO MORE PEOPLE!

NO MORE FREEBIES!

WE CANNOT TAKE IN A PAY FOR 2 BILLION PEOPLE ON THE PLANET.

SEND THEM ALL BACK!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200 View Post
    Why is it that our side is the only side that apologizes? Do you ever hear liberals apologize for anything? Do you ever hear Muslims apologize for anything? Do you ever hear Muslims denounce terrorism as a whole? I didn't think so. I'm sorry, but I like those on our side that don't apologize and double down. The left sees apologies as a sign of weakness. Once you give in to the mob, it's over. They own you. STOP APOLOGIZING FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!
    Unfortunately Obama used to apologize for our country all the time. Heck he apologized so much that I actually felt he was embarrassed about being American at times. His wife Michelle was no different. I still remember the one comment she made that I found absolutely disgusting.

"For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback."

-- Michelle Obama 02/08

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need a 10 to 20 Year Moratorium on ALL Immigration, and we need it now!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn