Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Trump says he will treat Dreamers 'with heart'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump says he will treat Dreamers 'with heart'

Trump says he will treat Dreamers 'with heart'

By NOLAN D. MCCASKILL
    02/16/17 02:37 PM EST

President Donald Trump signaled an openness Thursday to soften his campaign-era hard-line stance on immigration, suggesting he will work with Congress to protect undocumented immigrants who entered the country illegally as children.

“We are gonna deal with DACA with heart,” Trump pledged at a news conference Thursday, referring to former President Barack Obama’s deferred action program for so-called Dreamers. “I have to deal with a lot of politicians — don’t forget — and I have to convince them that what I’m saying is right. And I appreciate your understanding on that.”

Trump stressed that DACA is “very, very difficult” but maintained that, as a father and grandfather, he loves children.

“I find it very, very hard doing what the law says exactly to do. And you know the law’s rough,” he said. “I’m not talking about new laws. I’m talking the existing law is very rough. It’s very, very rough.”

He added that DACA is also “a very, very difficult subject for me.”

“To me, it’s one of the most difficult subjects I have because you have these incredible kids — in many cases, not in all cases,” he said. “In some of the cases, they’re having DACA and they’re gang members and they’re drug members, too. But you have some absolutely incredible kids — I would say mostly — they were brought in here in such a way. It’s a very, very tough subject.”

Trump, however, held a much stronger position during the campaign. In a major immigration policy speech last August, Trump said undocumented immigrants seeking legal status had only one route to citizenship: “to return home and apply for re-entry like everybody else under the rules of the new legal immigration system that I have outlined,” he said then, promising to “break the cycle of amnesty and illegal immigration.”

“There will be no amnesty,” he declared then.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...s-heart-235103
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No amnesty, no legalization, get them all out and get them all out now. They are not our problem, they are their parents problem, deport the whole family, all generations, as a single unit.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Treat them with heart? What the heck is that other than more DACA and more amnesty? Listen Donald Trump, apply the laws and stop talking as if the laws and policies are subjective to your emotions or personal feelings.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exactly.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The HUMANE thing to do is deport them NOW. They should have never been given "temporary" status or work permits.

Take your education and work skills and go back...get on with your life and apply it in YOUR country.

TREAT AMERICAN CHILDREN "WITH HEART" AND DEPORT THEM ALL!

Get them out of our jobs, our schools, our neighborhoods, our medical care, out of our colleges!

They graduate and give us the finger on stage! No mercy...get these ungrateful people out of our Country...THEY have no heart...only the motive to destroy us and TAKE what they can get away with...and laugh all the way to the bank.

They do not give 2 squats about our Country...only what they can lie, cheat and steal, destroy and send $$$ back over the border.
    Last edited by Beezer; 02-16-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

"Heart" is making up your mind and ending this craziness so people can go forward. Everyone is in limbo, stop dragging this out.

The only reason I personally see to drag it out is because the President is waiting on Paul Ryan and Congress to work something out. We can make up reasons for delay but there are none.

I come back to this, that even if amnesty was on the agenda for those who had DACA prior to the moment the President was sworn in, why another minute later, another day, another week, now weeks later. The DACA recipients were braced for the president to end it. The American people were promised.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 02-16-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    "Heart" is making up your mind and ending this craziness so people can go forward. Everyone is in limbo, stop dragging this out.

The only reason I personally see to drag it out is because the President is waiting on Paul Ryan and Congress to work something out. We can make up reasons for delay but there are none.

I come back to this, that even if amnesty was on the agenda for those who had DACA prior to the moment the President was sworn in, why another minute later, another day, another week, now weeks later. The DACA recipients were braced for the president to end it. The American people were promised.
    That is exactly what I've been saying all along. I strongly believe Trump is dragging this out in order to give the U.S. Congress time to work out an amnesty bill that will give the DACA participants immediate legalization and set them on a path to citizenship.

Keep your promise to the American people, Mr. President, end DACA now!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast