Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Trump Sends Investigators to Hawaii

Elections
    Trump Sends Investigators to Hawaii, Gains in GOP Presidential Primary Poll

Published April 07, 2011
    | FoxNews.com
    WASHINGTON -- Real estate tycoon Donald Trump said Thursday he has real doubts about whether President Obama was born in the United States and has sent investigators to Hawaii looking for answers.

The "Celebrity Apprentice" star has shot up in the polls as a potential GOP nominee, in part on his questions about whether Obama is constitutionally allowed to be president if he doesn't prove he is a natural born citizen of the United States.

"I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday.

Officials in Hawaii have certified Obama's citizenship, but a segment of society -- labeled "birthers" in the vernacular -- have demanded additional proof. Trump said when he started seriously considering a presidential bid a few weeks back, he thought the president was native-born, but now he's not so sure.

"His grandmother in Kenya said he was born in Kenya, and she was there and witnessed the birth. He doesn't have a birth certificate or he hasn't shown it. He has what's called a certificate of live birth. That is something that's easy to get," Trump said, arguing that Obama has spent $2 million in legal fees "to get away from this issue."

Calling it potentially one of the biggest scams in the history of politics, Trump said he'd like Obama to show his birth certificate.

"And to be honest with you, I hope he can," he told "Today."

Trump, who placed second in an NBC/ Wall Street Journal poll of potential 2012 Republican candidates, said he will decide by June whether to run, and if he is the GOP nominee, "I'd like to beat him straight up," not on the basis of the question of where Obama was born.

In the poll, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney leads the would-be group of contenders with 21 percent of Republican primary voters surveyed followed by Trump and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 17 percent each. The Republican primary poll was taken as part of a March 31-April 4 survey of 1,000 adults, but the sample survey of Republican primary voters polled was only 238.

In the poll, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich garnered 11 percent while former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin earned 10 percent support. Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty earned 6 percent, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann got 5 percent, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum won 3 percent and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour received 1 percent support.

Asked in the interview how genuine his presidential ambition is, Trump, who would have to hand over the reins of his international empire in order to run the country, said, "I always take things seriously, but I've never taken it seriously like this. I wish I didn't have to do it."

But speaking on ABC News, New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie, who is insistent he personally is not a candidate for president in 2012, said he wasn't sure his friend Trump would be either.

"Donald's a really good friend of mine, I don't know that Donald really wants to be president," Christie said in an interview that aired Wednesday night. Christie: I don't know that he wants that in particular. ... We've spoken about it and all I could say to you is, I’ll believe it when I see it."

Back on NBC, Trump said he wants Obama to do well but the presidency is not going that direction.

"I love this country, but this country is going to hell. ... The world laughs at us. They won't be laughing if I'm elected president," he said.

Trump accused Obama of conducting a confusing policy on the civil war in Libya, saying "nobody knows what's happening, and now it looks like (Libyan strongman Muammar) al-Qaddafi is going to beat the United States."

"I'm only interested in Libya if we get the oil," Trump said. He said Obama "doesn't have a doctrine (on foreign affairs.) Foreign affairs is, we take care of ourselves first."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04 ... mary-poll/

Banned
    This is gonna get gooood!

Banned
    This is great. Trump is on a mission now, and he has the money to dig as deep as he wants.

you are 100 % right this country is going to hell
    so wake the hell up impeach him in my book you show your Birth certificatie your Out the next one step In . & I hope he or she is lot better then what the hell we have Now . yes one that care about Our country the old USA
    God Bless American
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama has spent $2 million in legal fees
    More than his family home in Chicago is worth!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As long as he has investigators in Hawaii looking into the birth certificate thing; they should also look in to why Obama’s white grandma died 9 days before the election, and a few days after his emergency trip there. I personally believe Obama mercury poisoned her to shut her up too. You remember grandma Toot? Well I think grandma Toot was about to toot her horn.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

A New Approach?

The fact that "The Don" is from New York (New Jersey really) kind of makes me a little uncomfortable. But hey, maybe a new approach to handling the nations problems from a purely business point of view could work.

Instead of the same old money grabbers in Congress and the Senate selling themselves out for a quick buck to the lobbyists, this guy might be able to make a difference. He simply doesn't need their money.

Then again, he is from the east coast so, more liberalism multiplied exponentially?

Well, at least he was born in the United States......................

Thoughts?

Rice

I'm glad to see Trump finance this investigation. However, I'm almost sure he's doing it more to draw attention to himself than he is Obama. Should he find something that proves Obama is not eligible to serve as President of the U.S., his name will go down in history. Not bad to have on your resume if you're running for President, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with your qualifications. Of course being the best qualified doesn't seem to count for much, just look at some of our past presidents and presidential candidates.

rwrice wrote:

The fact that "The Don" is from New York (New Jersey really) kind of makes me a little uncomfortable.
    His list of friends and those he's supported in the past should worry you too. However, I regress, because that has nothing to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Obama has spent $2 million in legal fees
    More than his family home in Chicago is worth!

Dixie
    Which by the way, his home is all boarded up. Unlike other presidents going home once and awhile, he has never been home after going to DC. Trust me I’m not complaining, it’s just that Chicago pays for four police cars of two or three men each to watch this boarded up home 24/7, 365 days a year. And that doesn’t count the money spent on re-routing the streets within a 4 block area around his home, and installing cement barrier walls right after he won. The biggest irony is that the neighborhood Englewood is just two blocks away. And on any given night in summer, gun shots ring out from a city park that can be heard if sitting in Obama’s back yard. Englewood is the most dangerous part of Chicago, and the 3rd most dangerous neighborhood in the country. Obama’s rich neighborhood is divided by and expressway from this blight. If he were to bring other world leaders home, this is what they would see and hear. The yard is just a little bit bigger then a normal city lot. Remember Tony Resko, who is in jail right now, selling part of his lot next door to Michelle. Yes, they can have a BBQ and watch the city busses roll by on Hyde Park Ave, which is only the other side a the fence and a sidewalk away from the street. The riders in the bus can see in the yard and wave at the Obama’s as it rolls by. Yes, we have world class facilities here.
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast