Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Trump and Sessions are ignoring voters' overwhelming support for medical marijuana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So many drug cartels were growing marijuana in our national forests in California that now scientists are finding that our water sources are contaminated by the illegal fertilizer and insecticide used by the cartels.
    As the legal growers are popping up everywhere the crime is following.
    I talked to a nephew whose acreage is surrounded by pot farms. He is upset by the restrictions on commercial farming not applying to the pot farms.
    I know for a fact that there has been medical studies on marijuana that has not been released to the public. That concerns me. I know this because I was a subject of one such study. The affects and possible benefits of marijuana are not the same for women and men.
    Until scientist and our government comes clean with the public with the scientific pros and cons of marijuana I will remain for medical marijuana and leary of recreational use.

That is so sad what these criminals have done in our forests and to our rivers and streams. These illegal aliens and their drug cartels just make me sick.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sadly, people do show up for work drunk, they drink on the job. It really happens.

People snort coke, morning, noon and night - while on the job.

I believe even more show up for work under the influence of legal drugs. The country is full of 'legal junkies'. We just accept it because a doctor prescribes it. It is no less dangerous.

There is no way the drug companies are not resisting the legalization of medical marijuana. Think about it. Imagine if a doctor could prescribe - or better yet a person could make a decision for themselves (God forbid, we aren't really allowed to do that are we) they would rather use marijuana than live on anti-depressants, upper's, downers, sleeping pills, etc. They would rather smoke some marijuana, rather than take, and become addicted to, OxyContin, and others drugs of that nature, for chronic pain.

What if a patient decided to smoke marijuana, maybe grow their own, while taking chemo, rather than paying for the drugs from the drug companies to combat nausea, or elected to use marijuana rather than the other drugs for the pain at end of life.

Just those scenarios would have a huge effect on drug company profits. What in the world would anyone think they would not be resisting it with all their considerable might?

I don't see medical marijuana being more of a threat to society as the 'legal' drugs that are being prescribed in record numbers.

As to recreational drugs - I don't want anyone using marijuana purely for recreational reasons. That doesn't mean I don't think they should have the right.

I don't want people to drink, smoke cigarettes, eat bad food, etc., purely for recreational reasons. They should have that right.

All politicians, top to bottom, are fully aware of drug companies' considerable money and power.

It would not surprise me to learn drug companies will be all for marijuana when they find a way to monopolize the selling of it. I think they will then become a champion of marijuana.
    Last edited by nntrixie; 09-10-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Prescription or nonprescription drugs, addiction all depends on the addictive nature of the person taking the drugs.

At least with prescription drugs you are warned of side effects. How many know that there are female and male hormones in marijuana? How far has research gone? Does it only affect the person using uncontroled amounts of marijuana or does it affect their offspring? Is this the reason for the increase in transgender? Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    Sadly, people do show up for work drunk, they drink on the job. It really happens.

People snort coke, morning, noon and night - while on the job.

I believe even more show up for work under the influence of legal drugs. The country is full of 'legal junkies'. We just accept it because a doctor prescribes it. It is no less dangerous.

There is no way the drug companies are not resisting the legalization of medical marijuana. Think about it. Imagine if a doctor could prescribe - or better yet a person could make a decision for themselves (God forbid, we aren't really allowed to do that are we) they would rather use marijuana than live on anti-depressants, upper's, downers, sleeping pills, etc. They would rather smoke some marijuana, rather than take, and become addicted to, OxyContin, and others drugs of that nature, for chronic pain.

What if a patient decided to smoke marijuana, maybe grow their own, while taking chemo, rather than paying for the drugs from the drug companies to combat nausea, or elected to use marijuana rather than the other drugs for the pain at end of life.

Just those scenarios would have a huge effect on drug company profits. What in the world would anyone think they would not be resisting it with all their considerable might?

I don't see medical marijuana being more of a threat to society as the 'legal' drugs that are being prescribed in record numbers.

As to recreational drugs - I don't want anyone using marijuana purely for recreational reasons. That doesn't mean I don't think they should have the right.

I don't want people to drink, smoke cigarettes, eat bad food, etc., purely for recreational reasons. They should have that right.

All politicians, top to bottom, are fully aware of drug companies' considerable money and power.

It would not surprise me to learn drug companies will be all for marijuana when they find a way to monopolize the selling of it. I think they will then become a champion of marijuana.
    But that's up to the employers to deal with. We should stay out of it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Prescription or nonprescription drugs, addiction all depends on the addictive nature of the person taking the drugs.

At least with prescription drugs you are warned of side effects. How many know that there are female and male hormones in marijuana? How far has research gone? Does it only affect the person using uncontroled amounts of marijuana or does it affect their offspring? Is this the reason for the increase in transgender? Just food for thought.
    Good questions.

Also, what restrictions are on commercial farming that isn't on pot farming. Serious question. I don't know anything about pot farming, and probably not a lot about today's modern farming.

Evidently, we must have a huge number of people who have addictive natures.

If that means, some bodies are disposed to become addicted to one thing or another, I agree. Different bodies react differently. Some people are allergic to something and many others are not. It could have something to do with the physical bodies.

As to warnings, if everyone read the warnings and took them seriously, I suspect a lot less prescription drugs would be taken. They are numerous warnings and some very dire. Also, does the warning absolve the drug companies of any liability. People die every year, from taking legal medications. So if it warns you may develop a certain condition, might some of those conditions develop before any symptoms are evident. Could you be physically addicted before you realize?

There was a drug in the 50's, maybe 60's or 70's, that was given to women for morning sickness. The effect didn't show up until the female children of those mothers became pregnant and they developed uterine cancer.

As far as the supposed rash of gender confusion we have today, it could be any number of things. Marijuana could be ruled out or in pretty quickly, couldn't it? Everyone might not own up to marijuana use, but I would think enough would to get a clue.

My supposition is this comes from our food supply. We eat an enormous amount of hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, etc., etc., in our foods. Those are things we are aware of, how much more is being added to our foods, we don't even know might have some effect on our bodies.

Some are now saying the GMO foods may be what is causing this. Of course, that will be shot down immediately - without any evidence one way or the other.

Yes, I would like to see more research on marijuana - but I would more like to see the same in-depth research done into the short and long term effects of prescription drugs.

Also, marijuana is a natural plant. It has been around for many, many years, with people using it. My Grandmother said people grew it in their flower beds for medical use years ago.

That would lead me to hope, believe there would be a chance it might be less dangerous than all those synthetic chemicals in prescription drugs.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12