Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trump slams Carson amid dipping poll numbers in Iowa

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump slams Carson amid dipping poll numbers in Iowa

Trump slams Carson amid dipping poll numbers in Iowa

Jake Tapper's full interview with Donald Trump will air Sunday at 9 a.m. ET on CNN's "State of the Union."

Miami (CNN)Donald Trump on Friday knocked Ben Carson as weak on trade and immigration as he reacted to two new polls showing Carson overtaking the real estate mogul for first place in Iowa.

Trump told CNN's Jake Tapper that he was "really surprised" to see his fortunes dipping in Iowa and said he is going to need "to work a little bit harder in Iowa" to win back support in the first-in-the-nation caucus state. Two polls released Thursday and Friday showed Trump slipping to second place in Iowa with 20% and 19% of support, respectively, while Carson surged to first place with 28% in both polls.

"I've done really well with the evangelicals and with the tea party and everything and I just don't understand the number, but I accept the number," Trump said. "It means I have to work a little bit harder in Iowa."

While Trump has repeatedly emphasized that he is a "counter-puncher" and only attacks other candidates once they've attacked him, his assault on the retired neurosurgeon wasn't a response to anything Carson has said about Trump. In fact, Carson has been one of the only candidates to pull his punches against Trump, repeatedly refusing to criticize the billionaire who maintains his lead in the national polls.

"I like Ben, but he cannot do with trade like I do," Trump said. "He can't do with a lot of things like I do, so we'll just have to see what happens

He added that he worries that Carson is "just not going to be able to do deals with China, to be able to do deals with Japan."

Trump's business and deal-making experience are key planks of his candidacy.

Trump most fiercely criticized Carson on immigration, accusing him of supporting amnesty.

"He's very, very weak on immigration and I'm very strong on immigration," Trump said. "Ben Carson is very, very weak on immigration. He believes in amnesty strongly. He believes in citizenship. He's going to give citizenship to people who are here illegally -- you can't do that."

Carson supports giving undocumented immigrants guest worker status if they come forward and report their presence in the country.

He has repeatedly denied the characterization of his plan as amnesty, but has left the door open to those guest workers eventually becoming citizens.

"We have to recognize that we can't just round them up, but we can give them an opportunity to register," Carson said last month on CBS. "I would give them an opportunity to become guest workers -- not citizens, not voting people, not people who get goodies. I think that would be a fair way to do it. In terms of them becoming citizens later on down the road if they've done things the right way, we the American people will decide what the criteria for that ought to be."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/23/politi...s-immigration/
    Last edited by Judy; 10-23-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ben get with the times - auto voter registration with drivers license - who will check casting voters for felony non citizen voting? NO ONE!

"I would give them an opportunity to become guest workers -- not citizens, not voting people, not people who get goodies."

SURE ben - they are getting goodies now and convenient voting rights via drivers licenses in some western states and other states just by sloppy record keeping and that would continue and multiply. ben is a drag and a waste of time muddler.
    Last edited by artist; 10-23-2015 at 10:31 PM.

I have been fearful for a long time that the Trump campaign was too casual in perusing the nomination. Ben Carson is weak on immigration. He is another one of those hacks who wants amnesty but refuses to call it amnesty. He sounds like a recorded message repeating the liberal pro amnesty rhetoric. And if he wants amnesty I seriously doubt he will try hard to seal the border. If illegal aliens get to stay here legally, that is amnesty. And no matter what Carson says very soon they will be given full citizenship that they will have not done one damn thing to earn.

Quite frankly I think that Carson is a crafty huckster who is not the nice guy he seems to be.

I urge every patriot to scream on the top of their lungs. No,. damn it no, you do not get to shove another amnesty promoting shyster on us. You want war? just try using Carson as a surrogate for establishment RINOs’ efforts to sabotage Trump. There is no way in hell I will ever vote for him, not just because he is weak on the illegal alien crisis, but because I will never forgive him or his supporters for sabotaging the one real champion patriots have to end the illegal alien crisis—Donald Trump.
    Last edited by csarbww; 10-23-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Ben Carson is a former Kelloggs Corporation Board of Director, that's why he's open borders, pro-amnesty, and pro-free trade treason. Kelloggs was one of the early supporters and beneficiaries of NAFTA that not only sucked our jobs out but poured illegal aliens into the country. Ben only resigned from the Kelloggs board in May of this year specifically to run for President.

There are wolves in sheep's clothing and foxes watching the hen house everywhere and Ben Carson is one of them.

STAY TRUE. STAY TRUMP.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post

STAY TRUE. STAY TRUMP.
    I love a little alliteration!

-Stop the invasion with mass deportation!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendaze View Post
    I love a little alliteration!

-Stop the invasion with mass deportation!
    Thank you! I liked it too when it popped into my head.