Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trump supports completion of Dakota Access Pipeline

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pipeline-dakotaaccess-idUSKCN12O2FN

Andrew Jackson off of our money for "trail of tears" so it is hypocritical to run a pipeline thru an Indian reservation they were FORCED to go to.....considered barren, unlivable, unfarmable AND they had to WALK THERE. They were earlier settlers than Europeans, thanks to the lands being joined at the Strait; USA not their native land either - but treaties should be honored. The land is their religion and as fate would have it, they possess remarkable land and have rights to where they were forced to go - in treaties.
    Yes, our government has behaved badly and is still doing so. Again, I do have an opinion on this, or any, pipeline, as pipelines go, but I just believe it is a done deal and it is wrong to blame PE Trump.

We can't change the past - just as I don't believe P E Trump could change this

There were evidently others here when the Indians came -

I am certainly not indifferent to the history of the Indians. My husband's Great Grandmother died on the Trail of Tears. Taking Andrew Jackson's picture off the money won't change that.

All we can do is start from here and try to make sure those things don't happen again.

On the living room wall of my Grandmother's poor little house, hung pictures of 6 of her 7 sons who served in WWI and WW II.

My Mother's family goes back to the Revolutionary War, Texas Revolution, Civil War.

There are times I have serious questions about our government actions in all those wars - maybe Revolutionary War.

To me it's a shame that Native Americans who live on the reservation would rather do that than assimilate into our society. So many people from all over the world want to come here, yet Native Americans want to be separate. It's sad really. The Cherokee's made a fortune off the oil business, but the Sioux want to fight an oil pipeline that isn't even on their property.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Yes, our government has behaved badly and is still doing so. Again, I do have an opinion on this, or any, pipeline, as pipelines go, but I just believe it is a done deal and it is wrong to blame PE Trump.

We can't change the past - just as I don't believe P E Trump could change this
    Army Corps of Engineers denies Dakota Access pipeline route

Dec 4th 2016 4:57PM

CANNON BALL, N.D. — The secretary of the Army Corps of Engineers told Standing Rock Sioux Chairman Dave Archambault II Sunday that the current route for the controversial Dakota Access pipeline will be denied.

"Although we have had continuing discussion and exchanges of new information with the Standing Rock Sioux and Dakota Access, it's clear that there's more work to do," the Army's Assistant Secretary for Civil Works, Jo-Ellen Darcy said in a statement Sunday evening. "The best way to complete that work responsibly and expeditiously is to explore alternate routes for the pipeline crossing."

Related: 'Water Is Life': A Look Inside the Dakota Access Pipeline Protesters' Camp
    As word spread through the protest camp in Cannon Ball, N.D., cheers could be heard breaking out.
    21 PHOTOS
    Protests escalate at Dakota Access pipeline
    SEE GALLERY

Federal government officials had given activists, which include Native American tribe members and non-members alike, a Monday deadline to vacate the camp because of worries about the plunging temperatures.

The planned route for the 1,172-mile Dakota Access oil pipeline would have run within a half-mile of the Standing Rock Sioux reservation and crossed beneath the Missouri River.
    Opponents had said the pipeline would adversely impact drinking water and disturb sacred tribal sites.

The Obama administration had on multiple occasions asked that Energy Transfer Partners, the company behind the project, voluntarily stop construction. But the installation of hyper-beam lights there last month shows that request has been ignored.

Gallery: Dakota Pipeline Protesters Defy Winter's Chill

Energy Transfer Partners CEO Kelcy Warren, who remained publicly silent on the pipeline for months as protests forced a halt in the pipeline's construction, told NBC News in an interview in November that he was "100 percent sure that the pipeline will be approved by a Trump administration," regardless of what the Army Corps ultimately decides.

Former presidential candidate, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., released a statement saying, "I appreciate very much President Obama listening to the Native American people and millions of others who believe this pipeline should not be built."

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016...htmlws-main-bb

Looks like Trump could actually have a whole lot to do with the pipeline.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump's already said he's going to approve the pipeline.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Five arrested for trespassing at Dakota pipeline protest site

Reuters December 28, 2016
    8 Comments

(Reuters) - Protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline flared briefly for the first time since the federal government ruled against the project last month, law enforcement said on Wednesday, as five demonstrators were arrested and less-than-lethal rounds were fired by authorities.

The construction site of the $3.8 billion project had been the scene of fierce demonstrations by Native Americans and environmentalists for months. But in early December the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers denied a key easement needed to allow the pipeline to run under Lake Oahe, a reservoir formed by a dam on the Missouri River.

The Standing Rock Sioux, whose land is adjacent to the pipeline being built, asked protesters to disperse.

Many of the thousands who joined the cause did, but some have remained, despite the harsh winter conditions in North Dakota.

Five people were arrested on Tuesday afternoon for trespassing after crossing the Cannonball River onto Army Corps land, the Morton County Sheriff's Department said in a statement on Wednesday.

Later in the evening, law enforcement said a group of around 100 protesters gathered on a bridge that was the site of previous demonstrations and police fired sponge rounds at people attempting to remove a "No Trespassing" sign.

"Actions by protesters yesterday are proving they are not willing to be peaceful, and are certainly not respectful of our mutual agreement," Morton County Sheriff Kyle Kirchmeier said in the statement.

Allison Renville, who was at the main protest camp Tuesday, said law enforcement were looking for confrontation, a criticism that both sides have leveled at each other.

"Morton County got it all wrong, people were coming with the intention of praying, but they are just ready to storm in and start a battle," she said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/five-arre...001300733.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456