BY DAVID BIXENSPAN
2 DAYS AGO

Jay Sekulow, a member of President Donald Trump's legal team, made the rounds on the morning news shows on Wednesday, wrapping up with Chris Cuomo of CNN's “New Day” for an interview that took up the first half of the show's final hour.

The topic of the interview was the big story of the last several days, the Trump campaign meeting with a Russian lawyer.

As the conversation turned to the significance of the Russian lawyer herself, Natalia Veselnitskaya, Sekulow was using Veselnitskaya's account, claiming she only intended to discuss Russian adoptions, to support what the younger Trump was saying.

Cuomo, though, didn't think that was compelling.

“You do not know what was said in that meeting, and what happened after it, for a fact” he said. Sekulow responded with, “Your network has aired interviews with Natalia saying it did not happen,” he said. “You put it on the air.”

Cuomo wouldn't bite.

“There's no question that we've done it, and we'll probably do it a lot today,” Cuomo said. “That doesn't mean it's true. I have a lot of people come on my show and say things counselor, and they ain't true. Just because I put them on saying it doesn't mean it's true.”

“All the networks are putting the statement by her as a factual statement,” rebutted Sekulow. Cuomo argued that no, it was just getting her statement for the record, and besides, she did say that Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort were all seeking opposition research on Hillary Clinton from her.

A few minutes later, Sekulow revisited Veselnitskaya's comments and the idea that they backed up Trump Jr., and Cuomo's tone shifted a bit, saying that “The idea that the person who is alleged to be an agent of the Kremlin saying 'No I'm not,' and you banking on that, is a little absurd.”

Sekulow moved to discuss the legality of the meeting, and they moved to other topics from there.

Trump's Legal Counselor Argues Credibility of… David Bixenspan