Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Of course they are processing illegals. Why else would one need a Mexican passport once already inside the US?

Am I wrong?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.nbc17.com/news/5069750/detail.html

2 Found Dead Outside Mexican Consulate

POSTED: 8:59 am EDT October 7, 2005
    UPDATED: 8:06 pm EDT October 7, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Two men found dead outside the Mexican consulate Friday morning were trodding the same path as untold numbers of their countrymen, searching for work and a better life in the U.S., authorities said.

Meliton Perez Cruz, 35, and Sergio Ramirez Ramirez, 24, died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in the back of a pickup truck, authorities said.

Friends told police the men were talking during the drive, but it was quiet when the truck pulled into the consulate parking lot, off Six Forks Road, shortly before 4 a.m. Carbon monoxide apparently seeped into the truck bed, putting the two men to sleep and killing them, police said.

"This is probably a situation where it's just a faulty exhaust system," said Capt. D.S. Overman, of the Raleigh Police Department. "These people were in the back of the pickup truck, which had a camper shell on it. So, the fumes most likely came up through the floor of the truck, which has happened before."

The men rode up from a construction job in Pageland, S.C., with two friends overnight to get in line for a consular identification card, which is needed to obtain employment and open bank accounts.

"In this country, if you don't have the proper photo ID or a Social Security number, you don't exist," Consul General Armando Ortiz-Rocha said.

Hundreds of Mexican immigrants line the steps outside the consulate every weekday. Everyone is reluctant to say how they got to North Carolina, but most stand in line for one reason, Ortiz-Rocha said.

"They want, first of all, a proper ID in order to identify properly with law enforcement authorities, to open bank accounts -- savings accounts, financial services in general -- to send money to Mexico or to some other countries of origin and to access social services," he said.

The consulate is busiest on Mondays, Fridays and rainy days, when construction work is slowest, he said. The men who died wanted to be first in line at the consulate when it opened to get their identification cards and return to work.

"Every time one of our countrymen loses a life, we ought to be very sad," Ortiz-Rocha said.

Hundreds of Mexican immigrants line the steps outside the consulate every weekday. Everyone is reluctant to say how they got to North Carolina, but most stand in line for one reason, Ortiz-Rocha said.

"They want, first of all, a proper ID in order to identify properly with law enforcement authorities, to open bank accounts -- savings accounts, financial services in general -- to send money to Mexico or to some other countries of origin and to access social services," he said.

The consulate is busiest on Mondays, Fridays and rainy days, when construction work is slowest, he said. The men who died wanted to be first in line at the consulate when it opened to get their identification cards and return to work.
    Sounds like a place that ICE should be checking out.

Just like the Mob

You are right sir! But WHY is it allowed to continue!?! Why is the government sitting back and watching this happen?

It reminds me of the movie "The Untouchables" about the mob, Al Capone, and the corrupt officals fueling their illegal/criminal activity, by covering it up and/or ignoring it while it continues in plain site!
    The number of my posts shouldn't determine or reflect my interest on the board. I don't post just to increase my ranking.

I would say the Raleigh PD would have every right to ID these people every night. Groups of people hanging around a commercial building at 3AM - 4AM when the place doesn't open for business until 8AM. People in parked vehicles with the engines left running outside of the same establishment. Sounds kind of suspicious to me. Plus the office in near several residential areas.

I was coming off a third shift the day before NC quit taking the Mexican ID card to get a NC drivers license. I happened to drive by the Garner DMV office on the way home and there must have been 60 people lined up the sidewalk and this was at least an hour before the office was to open.

John,

Got some bad news for you. Mike Easley lied. They are still accepting the Mexican ID Matricula Consular card down at our DMV's. See our article on the State Auditor's report.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.ncdot.org/DMV/driver_service ... %20Address

I had to look but you are right W. What happened with that?

Senator Fern Shubert sent out a press release about the IRS warning all Governor's not to accept ITIN numbers for licenses.

The NC liberal media quashed her release.

Three days later, Easley holds a press conference and the press runs with it making him the guy that improves our license security.

Elected officials kept requesting copies of his directive since the LAWS were never changed.

Auditor report comes out. Easley lied to the entire state and got away with it.

It was a big lie.

W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12