Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Government Honors Michoacán State Treasurer Humberto

Press Releases 05
    U.S. Government Honors Michoacán State Treasurer Humberto Suárez

Mexico City, Mexico, July 28, 2005 – “When U.S. and Mexican state treasurers come together to discuss their work, that’s a partnership for prosperity,� said U.S. Ambassador to Mexico Tony Garza, commenting on the award granted to the Treasurer of Michoacan Humberto Suárez.

This morning Chargé d’Affaires of the U.S. Mission to Mexico Stephen Kelly presented a certificate of recognition to State Treasurer of Michoacán Humberto Suárez, who is also the Coordinator of the National Commission for Fiscal Authorities. Suarez was recognized for his leading financial management efforts that have attained real results under the U.S. - Mexico Partnership for Prosperity initiative launched by Presidents Bush and Fox in 2001.

“The two Presidents had a bold objective: to increase public-private alliances that could spark broad-based economic growth and benefit in Mexico, and work toward a more competitive North America,� said Mr. Kelly.

Under Suárez’s leadership, and applying some technical cooperation from the Embassy’s USAID (U.S. Agency for International Development) office, Michoacán strengthened its overall credit quality. In late 2003, Michoacán negotiated a $150 million dollar loan that set a new lower interest rate benchmark for Mexico.

Arizona State Treasurer David Petersen, Michoacán Governor Lázaro Cárdenas Batel, dozens of Michoacán legislators, and representatives of state financial institutions attended the event at the Club de Banqueros.

“I’m very proud to inaugurate this new speakers’ series and to honor today Humberto Suárez, one of Mexico’s outstanding public servants in state finance,� said Mr. Kelly. “His leadership and innovative approach in the area of public finance have made Michoacán a leading state in this area.�

Today’s event was the first in a new series of Public Finance Speakers breakfasts for Mexico’s state treasurers sponsored by the National Commission for Fiscal Authorities and the U.S. government. Future monthly meetings, which provide a forum for information exchange and peer networking, will feature U.S., Canadian and Mexican state treasury officials.

Under the Partnership for Prosperity initiative, public and private sectors of both countries are engaged in joint work promoting such key themes as access to financial services, rural and workforce development, small and medium enterprises, and competitiveness.

http://mexico.usembassy.gov/mexico/ep05 ... oacan.html
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

In late 2003, Michoacán negotiated a $150 million dollar loan that set a new lower interest rate benchmark for Mexico.
    I take it that everyone missed this part, of 150 miilion giving and not one red cent for border security.
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Can anybody make any sense out of this or was this just another tea party in honor of nothing??

I have noticed that these Mexican so called leaders always have to praise themselves and throw flowers all over the floor as if they've ever really accomplished anything, other than getting 20 million Mexicans illegally inside another country.

I believe that has been Mexico's greatest feat which they've achieved. And the Bush administration also loves to go over there and stand around with butterflies and flowers dancing all around them saying how much we love these failures who pretend to be running a country.

Mexico needs a Ronald Reagan or SOMEONE (you guys pick) to be president and stand up and say, "If we want to be like the USA and Canada, it's time to call off the fiestas, put a stop to the siestas, pour out the sangria, and start over."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can anybody make any sense out of this or was this just another tea party in honor of nothing??
    As far as I can tell, the guy is being honored because he managed to borrow $150 million from someone (probably us).
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    As far as I can tell, the guy is being honored because he managed to borrow $150 million from someone (probably us).
    Oh yeah from you and me, and the rest of the citizens are paying for this also.

I think the honor is for finding a sucker big enough to actually loan them ANY amount of money let alone $150 million.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott