Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bettybb wrote,
    the amount of the state budget for higher ed has decreased from 11% to 5%.
    Perhaps they should cut it more. Then the lawns could be manicured without the use of illegals.

Too many brain dead dweebs running around with their thumbs stuck in places they don't belong. The riots say about as much. They need to be thrown in jail.

Time for a class in Reality 101.

SPILive wrote,
    If an American student was in the country I have a business in, and he or she was illegal, he or she would have NO rights, and be in jail--not protesting anything.
    Yup.

"In L.A., the public schools are 75 percent Latino and 10 percent black," said Adam Lerman, a organizer for affirmative action group By Any Means Necessary, at the protest. "We are in the middle of one of the most diverse cities in the country, and the campus needs to reflect that. L.A. is powder keg waiting to explode
    So 75% latino and 10 percent black constitutes "diversity?"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    L.A. public schools are 75% Hispanic and 10% Black but they are the most diverse in the nation? WTH? How is that diversity?

Apparently, here in my home state of California, the definition of "diversity" is satisfied when a hispanic majority is reached....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    "In L.A., the public schools are 75 percent Latino and 10 percent black," said Adam Lerman, a organizer for affirmative action group By Any Means Necessary, at the protest. "We are in the middle of one of the most diverse cities in the country, and the campus needs to reflect that. L.A. is powder keg waiting to explode
    So 75% latino and 10 percent black constitutes "diversity?"
    Yes. Our local schools keep getting more and more diverse according to the school officials. In other words the precent of white children keeps going down while the hispanic and black(mostly Somalian) percentage keeps increasing. Hispanic children are 90+% of the school population here. 20 years ago it was 90+% white. We weren't considered diverse then. FYI-Tyson(IBP) came to my town about 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    L.A. public schools are 75% Hispanic and 10% Black but they are the most diverse in the nation? WTH? How is that diversity?

Apparently, here in my home state of California, the definition of "diversity" is satisfied when a hispanic majority is reached....
    It's the same thing in parts of Florida mostly in the south part.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Have not been at the TV or internet much, so no, have not heard about this at all.

"Attacks on minorities and people of color have induced a recognition that all our struggles are linked and are part of a systemic and structural problem," said Abraham Medina, a UC Irvine junior and protest organizer, in an e-mail
    So I'd like to know, beyond Hispanic gangs attacking black Americans in LA, what attacks are they talking about? Surely with our liberal, white apologist media, we would be hearing in an uptick of white on any other race attacks, but yet, have not.

I am so terribly sick of the lies and rhetoric propaganda from these whiners.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Roundabout wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Bettybb wrote,
    [quote:s0ndtoqw]the amount of the state budget for higher ed has decreased from 11% to 5%.
    Perhaps they should cut it more. Then the lawns could be manicured without the use of illegals.

Too many brain dead dweebs running around with their thumbs stuck in places they don't belong. The riots say about as much. They need to be thrown in jail.

Time for a class in Reality 101.
    [/quote:s0ndtoqw]

Lots of students are not pleased that illegals are taking part time and entry level jobs.

The jobless rate among our kids is 37%.

Our Hispanic American friends are also ticked off, because as they put it, in their youth, they would work in the fields for money, but those jobs are no longer available for their kids.

There were protests at UCs, state Universities and community colleges all over the state. Almost all were entirely peaceful. These kids are Americans. It is their right to protest.

And these kids do have a point. Why on earth the prison guard union should be able to retire on 90% pay at 50 years of age is nothing but a major scam. The money has been shifted from higher education to the prision guard union.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    BettyBB, the truth of ag jobs, kids working in the fields in summer is true. As kids we used to pick berries all summer long locally, about half days. We earned per pound picked, and also kept us out of "mischief".

Now the state has decided kids can no longer do any berry picking, unless the parent is there. This leaves the berry picking mainly to illegal aliens.

No matter what the left says "doing jobs Americans are not willing to do" is a lie, we were willing to do those jobs and earn money, and it allowed all age groups to participate (I was youngest and always had an older sibling there to keep track of me until I was older and could manage myself).

Most parents do not go to the fields to do these jobs (thus bringing the kids with them to pick also), as they have full-time jobs already, it was a place for the local kids to go and earn some cash, while learning great work ethic and providing a needed service for all of our local farmers.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="ALIPAC"]

I'm a little confused.

Is this article above with all the political messages about immigrants the same protest that turned violent and led to clashes to police and stuff burning in the streets?

W

There was evidently a massive, spontaneous protest of ALL UC campuses W over a laundry list of "grievances".....budget cuts, UC's decision to limit enrollment of students on the basis of affirmative action, illegal alien's access to higher education, etc.

This group BAMN is trouble....go check out their site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast