Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Un-freakin-believable! This should have not even been allowed to begin with.

"I don't have anything," she said. "Just children."
    And whose fault is that?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I can't believe this crap. These people will go to any lengths to have anchor babies. Illegals who deliberately go out of their way to have these little citizens should be charged with a crime. "Always wanted a boy" I thought all they wanted was a good life. These people don't have a clue. They leave a poverty stricken country only to come here and put themselves in the same position. I'm having a really hard time feeling sorry for this family.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    The government needs to retake control in Southern California. Send the national guard in, round up the illegals and ship them back.
    Would there be anybody left in Southern Cal if they did that?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's another result of the anchor babies:

Persistent poverty calls for better schooling, skills

Valley can't make gains despite adding thousands of new jobs.08/24/07 05:50:19The San Joaquin Valley's stubborn poverty rate refuses to budge. Despite steady job growth over the past 16 years, our region remains the poorest in the state. About one in five Valley residents was living in poverty in 2005.

The villain in this drama appears to be the seductive minimum-wage job, according to Jean Ross, co-author of a new study, "The State of Working California, 1979-2006." The research was conducted by the California Budget Project, a Sacramento nonprofit organization that focuses on issues of importance to low- and middle-income Californians.

While the Valley's employment figures in some ways look encouraging because they show that more people are working, the numbers also can be deceiving. Many have been employed for years in low-paying positions that do not keep pace with inflation, do not include benefits and are insufficient to support families.

While some people believe the solution lies in attracting big businesses to relocate to the Valley, that would not get us where we need to be. We have plenty of strong businesses eager to hire people for good salaries -- but the firms cannot find enough qualified people in the region to fill them.

Ashley Swearingen, director of the Office of Community and Economic Development at Fresno State, cites a recent study by the Fresno County Workforce Investment Board. The research revealed that 27,000 jobs would go unfilled in the next three years because potential employees lack the needed skills.

That is like a bank with an unlocked vault, yet they can't figure out how to get in the door.

We are making strides, but there must be much more emphasis on a trained work force. Community colleges and public schools throughout the region are investing in vocational training programs targeted to those open jobs. There is financial aid available to people who need it.

Valley students need to be encouraged to use entry-wage jobs as a short-term means to an end -- a way to earn the money they need to support their training for fulfilling, well-paying careers. But for too many, minimum-wage jobs are as high as they can go because of a lack of skills.

The fast cash from dead-end jobs can be tempting, but it comes with a toxic, soul-draining side effect. It's called "poverty."

Tell us what you think. Comment on this editorial by going to http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion, then click on the editorial.

http://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/story/120628.html
    Actually, it's called turning our cities into mexican slums.

I remember being totally dismayed when I originally read this story. There is no sympathetic angle for this level of idiocy and selfishness, even in the hands of the LA Times. Fertility drugs??!!! How irresponsible could a physician be?

By withholding judgment for this type of learned helplessness, e.g. "Four is too many. I'm still trying to believe this happened to me", we've committed ourselves to subsidizing the consequences for years to come. Unfortunately, her progeny are probably doomed to repeat her mistakes.

This is why we need to deny "birthright citizenship" to anchor babies.

Welcome to ALIPAC Documented_Worker. I really dig your handle. Glad your aboard.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These people do not think in normal terms, such as, "Well, I'd better hold off on more children until I get a better job, get ahead," etc, etc.

I mean, there is something to be said for trusting in the Lord to provide, but it's something else to just live SO irresponsibly without even a HINT as to how you will support your children . . . and then to simply have more.

This sort of behavior and the consequences should NEVER be put upon the U.S. to pay for.

While the Valley's employment figures in some ways look encouraging because they show that more people are working, the numbers also can be deceiving. Many have been employed for years in low-paying positions that do not keep pace with inflation, do not include benefits and are insufficient to support families.
    If a person is making so small an amount of money that he/she cannot afford to support a family...THEN DON'T HAVE A FAMILY.

Is that concept SO complicated? Does it take a rocket scientist to put together two and two? Low salary + no benefits = NO CHILDREN. When and if the salary grows and benefits are to be had, then children can be considered.

Very rudimentary stuff here.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast