Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Umpire in trouble fo ruling no Spanish in Little League!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/m ... ml?cnn=yes

This is a CNN.SI story of a umpire that ruled no Spanish to be spoken during a game. The link below is the email address for the Little League Director that seems to be ambivilant about this. I have sent him a letter in support of the Umpire. Who knows if the man was telling the Spanish speaking player to cheat, or was saying something unsportsman like? As a parent I want to know all that is going on in my son's game, including all that is said. Please send a email of English only support to this director, calling for him to also use this opportunity to make an English only rule.

'media@littleleague.org'

"The opposite of diversity is UNITY".

ronny,
    Welcome to ALIPAC. I am sure there will be others of us reading this post and sending an email.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ronny, welcome! YOU ARE SO RIGHT As a parent, I agree with you one million percent. This situation is so far out in left field it isn't even funny. Who suffers here, who gets aggravated....the American citizen and the English speaking American child.

I am sick and tired of this nonsense. The umpire is exactly right. It is his responsibility to know what is going on and what is being said during any game involving children up to age 18.

If they want an all spanish speaking team let them have it. But don't think the people of this country are going to let irresponsible people drag American kids through the gutter in the same manner in which they have done to their parents. THE BUCK STOPS HERE, WITH OUR KIDS!

Rest assured that not only will I be emailing him a letter, but I want to know where and to whom I should mail a petition with the signature of every person that I know on it. Thank you, Ronny.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ronny,

Thank you for bringing this to our forums. Im sure many here will try to help your efforts.

W

Guys, let's try to respond to this, which Ronny posted.

Welcome to ALIPAC, Ronny. Glad to have a new voice. Below is my email to Little League:

I was INCENSED to read that an umpire for Little League was in trouble for insisting that Spanish (or ANY foreign language for that matter) not be spoken at the games. That umpire was completely right. THIS IS AMERICA. WE SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA. That is SIMPLE. It is HIGH TIME that SOMEONE stood up to this travesty that is being crammed down our collective throats. If the Spanish-speaking people want to play baseball and speak Spanish, I would suggest they hightail it back to their own countries where SPANISH is the mother tongue.

What is it going to take for America to wake up and see what is happening to our country? Slowly but surely, people are coming here from other countries who are completely unwilling to assimilate and our CHILDREN are paying the price for their idiocy. If they want to come to our country AND if they have come here through the proper, LEGAL channels, they should be more than happy to learn OUR language which, by the way, happens to be ENGLISH.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton