Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Unite or loose

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Interesting info

"Unlike the 2004 primary, the GOP has decided that this time only registered Republicans can vote in their California presidential primary"

I thought Calif was an open vote , I guess the indies will have to
    cheat to vote for McCain
    Yeah, but they can probably switch on the spot or something.
    No California is a closed vote. You can only vote for the party you are registered in for the primaries. You can't switch unless you re-register and then re-register again for the general. It is a winner take all state which in my opinion should be changed.
    No , Calif is not a winner take all state ,
    It is 3 delegates per congressional district , McCain and Romney can come out with an equal number of delegates from Calif
    Not according to Fox News today. It isn't for Democrats but it is for Republicans. Go figure. It's just like the Iowa Caucasus they are different for each party too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Gogo wrote:

Does he agree on amnesty and border security with Obama and Hillary? Not sure.
    Here is his position on illegal aliens.

The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.

Enforce visa rules.
    Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.

No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.

No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.

End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.

Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

You can go to the link above to see more of where he stands on Issues.

So it looks like his position and standing on the issue would be violated by Hillary, Obama, and McCain?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    California is not winner take all for GOP candidates

It is broken up and delegates are awarded by congressional
    districts

http://www.sacbee.com/391/story/125255-p2.html

Banned
    Republican Primary 2008: Not one GOP race, but 53
    New method of picking presidential delegates by congressional district gives voters a bigger role.
    By Peter Hecht - Bee Capitol Bureau

Last Updated 12:28 pm PDT Tuesday, March 20, 2007
    Story appeared in MAIN NEWS section, Page A3

Print | E-Mail | Comments (0) | Digg it | del.icio.us

The 2008 race was already stirring up a buzz with lawmakers poised to move the state primary up to Feb. 5 and at least three marquee Republicans -- former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Arizona Sen. John McCain and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney -- in the race.

"When you're running in the California primary, you're saying to yourself, 'I'm running in a country. I'm not just running in a state,' " Giuliani told reporters at the recent GOP convention in Sacramento. " 'Thirty-seven million people, eight or nine media markets. ... You are going to have to spend a lot of time here.' "

Morgan, a national GOP committee member who will be one of California's three uncommitted presidential delegates, said the new primary rules could inspire candidates to visit numerous California districts this year.
    Click here to find out more!

"I would think that Rudy Giuliani would play very well in the San Francisco Bay Area and could very well pick up congressional delegates there," Morgan said. "I would think Romney would play very well in our more conservative Central Valley. And McCain may do a little of both."

But Democratic political strategist Garry South doubts the Republican plan can change long-standing political strategies in California. In a state so vast, he said, election wins are built on campaign cash and a blizzard of television commercials -- not up-close contact between candidates and voters.

"I just don't see McCain or Giuliani making a district-by-district campaign. It's just not possible. It's not a cost-effective scheme," South said. "This is not Iowa, not New Hampshire, not South Carolina or Nevada."

But Nehring said the new rules will give candidates "a reason to compete in California" and challenge them to meticulously target mail and media efforts, and reach out to voters in "a wider and more diverse audience."

"It's not just a matter of what your message is but how you are delivering your message," the state GOP leader said. "It's going to be real interesting. I think the political science departments will have a lot of things to research after this primary.

Well, I hope it isn't winner take all, but someone's information is either old or wrong.

Banned
    These are Calif primary facts for 2008

Its not open to indies and the delegates are doled out by district

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    Welcome Justonehero and SierraPatriot,

Thanks Darlene- I'll piggy-back off you. Welcome 2 newbies!

We all need to unite and fight against this McCain crap or we will loose our country. Already people are making choices for us.

This election process is like watching a 3rd world country's 1ST ATTEMPT AT VOTING. At least they had dye on their fingers to prove that THEIR VOTE WAS PROCESSED AND COUNTED.

Sadly, we don't even have that luxery. Candidates who I would have voted for have dropped out of the race, or simply don't have a chance at all of winning.

Elites from the NAU, SPP, Bilderberg Group, Trialateral Commission, and the CFR, along with the help of the MSM, are making THE CHOICE FOR US. IS THIS HOW A DEMOCRACY WORKS?

IMO, we need to come together somehow and make a decision on who would make a good candidate and who is in a better position to receive the most votes.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    Also at this point after seeing the Beck vid I believe Romney does NOT support the nau and he also does NOT support all free trade agreements.

I believe he will be more in tune with whats good for America than
    whats good for globalist big biz
    Bing Bing Bing..!.. you hit the nail on the head..!

Mitt is a VERY intelligent man, EVERYTHING he touches turns to gold, so we WANT him to “touchâ€
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

I came upon this in my Sunday paper:

Fuzzy math snarls Super Tuesday

A variation on winner-take-all awards three delegates to the popular vote winner in each congressional district.

California is an example, with 53 congressional districts, three delegates in each. The winner of the statewide vote picks up an additional bonus of 11 delegates.

In a few cases, Republicans award delegates proportionately based on the popular vote.

For the whole article go here.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 50617.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345