United States in an immigration crisis, author says
For more information, visit www.fightingimmigrationanarchy.com.

America is being erased, according to American author Daniel Sheehy.

That was the message he gave at Top of the 80's on Thursday night. While some in attendance found the information surprising, Sheehy seemed at home in detailing the main points of his controversial findings.

He made the stop in Hazleton as part of his five-state northeastern tour, which began in Albany, NY., last Monday. Through the appearances, Sheehy is spreading the word about his controversial book, "Fighting Immigration Anarchy: American Patriots Battle To Save the Nation."

Sheehy said he has realized that the growing immigration crisis is teetering toward volatile levels, with the government seemingly unfazed by the potential consequences.

In his book, he writes about one issue in particular, one he claims is leading to the elimination of America as it is now known.

Sheehy says it is the master plan of many influential people within the governments of the United States, Mexico and Canada to merge the three nations into one union through the abolishment of borders, a superconnecting highway and other political avenues.

"I remember moving to southern California in 1964 and living in the Los Angeles area when it was still America," Sheehy said to open his presentation.

He told a story about an encounter he had earlier Thursday morning in a bank in Fort Washington.

"It was just the two bank tellers and myself in there. Both of them told me that they wanted to move to L.A."

"I looked at them and asked them, 'So, you want to move to Mexico?' They asked me if it's really that bad. I said, 'It's worse.'"

Sheehy presented slides with statistical figures on how many illegal immigrants cross U.S. borders every day. As he spoke, he talked about experiences he's had in traveling the country researching his book. He said he visited a rally in southern California where a group of illegal immigrants removed an American flag from a flagpole, stepped on it, burned it then replaced it with the Mexican flag.

"I know that this issue has spread all over, including right here in Hazleton. And I applaud Mayor (Lou) Barletta and his efforts here, and regret he could not attend here tonight," Sheehy said.

"Let me ask some rhetorical questions here," he said.

"Why are thousands of illegals marching in our streets making demands? Why is the Bush administration and others allowing these things to happen?" he asked.

Sheehy referenced published works from such groups as the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) and the Council On Foreign Relations (CFR), revealing direct quotes from many of the organization's members and affiliates. Sheehy said he had the answers.

A timeline of important immigration-related events was featured as part of his monologue.

"1965 -- Congress Amends Immigration and Nationality Act," the first slide read. Under those words was a quote from Senator Ted Kennedy on Feb. 10, 1965. It read: "The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our societyÂ…"

Next was a slide outlining massive legal and illegal immigration beginning in 1968. Under that heading was a 1984 quote from President Ronald Reagan, which said: "The simple truth is that we've lost control of our own borders, and no nation can do that and survive."

The third slide was headlined with: "1986 -- Congress Passes Immigration Reform and Control Act." Under this heading was another quote from Ted Kennedy in 1986, which said: "We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

After reading this quote aloud, Sheehy said he believes it doesn't matter what Republican or Democrat says something like that because while the elected people from those parties change over time, the policies never do.

"It seems like (politicians) always say that, but yet it continues to happen to this day," Sheehy said.

"I remember that the first President Bush stated his goal was for a new world order, but that phrase has been used for generations for deceptive and other related acts."

"Another thing we keep hearing all the time is that we are fighting a war on terror. But just take a look at this photo," Sheehy said, pointing to an enlarged image of around 100 or so illegal immigrants standing in a single line preparing to cross the U.S./Mexican border.

"This is an aerial image taken in night vision. Sadly, this is not rare. This type of thing is happening all the time. Sometimes people crossing the border travel in groups of 200 to 300," he added.

Sheehy displayed immigration numbers from 2005 that showed that as many as 4 million to 10 million illegal immigrants crossed over into the United States. Of that number, Border Patrol caught 1.2 million.

"If that's not shocking enough, you think what types of people are crossing over, too. There are murderers, rapists, drug traffickers, and lots of other predators. With these 2005 numbers, we see that up to 80 million pounds of cocaine and marijuana came into the country also," he said.

"Talk to your congressmen, talk to anyone and everyone. Ask questions. Pay attention and get involved," he urged the audience.

"Remember, the master plan here is to consolidate us into one body by the year 2010. That is a little over two years away. We have a lot of work to do, but we can make the difference. It's up to all of us," he said.

Sheehy worked as an assistant news producer and writer for WBAL-TV in Baltimore, seven years as a business reporter and assistant managing editor for Aviation Daily and was a producer at WNEP-TV in the 1970s.

For more information, visit www.fightingimmigrationanarchy.com.