Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

URGENT-READ NOW AND ACT!

Below is a notice I just received from Numbers USA. The senate is voting on amendments to the Homeland Security Bill today and tomorrow and we need to act fast to stop some of these changes. PLEASE call your Senators!

Date: Wednesday 13JUL05 11:30 a.m.

Illegal-alien amnesty amendments before Senate ... Phone your Sens. right now!!!

DEAR SUPPORTERS OF IMMIGRATION REDUCTIONS,

We have a near-crisis in the Senate today and tomorrow.

Far-reaching immigration-related amendments have been filed for the Department of Homeland Security appropriations bill being voted on.

Amendments include the McCain/Kennedy amnesty for 12 million illegal aliens and the AgJOBS amnesty for 3 million illegal aliens. But there also are some very GOOD amendments that would increase funding for enforcement.

It is imperative that every Senate office today hear from at least hundreds of constituents so that all Senators know that this is a really hot issue in their state and they can't hide bad votes.

If you've never phoned a Senator's office before, it is so much easier than you probably think it is. PLEASE TRY YOUR FIRST PHONE CALL TODAY.

1. WHAT TO SAY

Tell the staffer who picks up the phone that you are calling about the immigration amendments that have been filed for the DHS (or Department of Homeland Security) appropriations bill now on the floor.

Then state one or more points from the following (as you agree with them):

* The people of your state are watching closely to see how the Sen. XXXX votes on any of the amendments.

* You are asking the Senator to always follow these three principles:

(1) No legalization of any kind to reward illegal aliens

(2) More resources for enforcement against illegal immigration

(3) The country needs FEWER foreign workers and immigrants, NOT MORE. No increases in greencards or work visas.

The phone call can be very, very short and business like. Just make sure that the staffer registers your opinion and informs the Senator immediately so he/she can be aware of your call before voting this afternoon and Thursday.

If they ask you for the official number of the various amendments, tell them that you have been informed that there are more than a dozen and that if the Senator votes according to the three principles, he/she will know how to vote on each of the amendments.

2. HOW TO CALL

If you can get through, call the Washington DC office of your TWO senators.

But if you can't get through that number, call one of the Senators' offices in your state and ask them to immediately pass on your message to the DC office.

You can get the phone numbers for your Senators by clicking on this URL:
    http://www.numbersusa.com/myMembers

3. WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH

Unlike in the U.S. House, most Senators still have the belief that they can sneak immigration measures through without the public knowing much about it. They don't seem to have the sense that actions to reward illegal aliens and increase foreign workers can create a firestorm of protest.

Your job today and tomorrow is to ring their phones off the hook so that they can just imagine the negative reaction if they accumulate a bunch of bad amendment votes this week.

Believe me, these phone storms truly gain the attention of the Senators and their staffs -- regardless of how bored the staffers may seem when they talk to you.

REMEMBER, TO ALWAYS BE POLITE TO THE STAFFER.

If you hear anything particularly interesting from a staffer, please send us a quick email about it. Our Capitol Hill staff are able to use these insights to great effect.

Thanks for picking up the phone and making a call as soon as you have read this.

4. SEND MORE FAXES

Be sure you have sent all faxes that inform your Senators how you feel about amnesties, enforcement against illegal immigration and the need to reduce total immigration.

Faxes available for you to send can be found at:
    NumbersUSA.com/fax

THANKS FOR QUICK ACTION,

ROY
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I just did this for the first time and it was REALLY easy. I just kept Roy's letter in front of me and used the 3 points he suggested. Give it a try, y'all!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Done
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Got the email about this and did what was suggested:
    Called Senator Reid (D-Nv) & Senator Ensign (R-Nv) and expressed my opposition to amnesty for illegals, etc.
    Also e-mailed Ensign and expressed disappointment that he voted for CAFTA.

Man, i hope more people wake up, and start hammering on what are supposed to be OUR representatives about these issues.

You are absolutely right. If more people just took a FEW MINUTES each day to make themselves heard, I think we could make things happen. Good going!

Zorch,
    Welcome to ALIPAC. You are correct. Imagine if just 10% of the population contacted their senators and legislators on these issues how our country would change.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)