Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: USA eliminates restrictions for people infected w/ HIV/A

The law, called emergency plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), which presents itself as a financing program for poor countries in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean, has its complicated language in a clause that would help thousands of infected HIV / AIDS to obtain permanent residency.

Note - the Spanish version mentions that this will also allow people who request a Tourist Visa and are HIV/Aids infected to be eligible for one.

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    Original Spanish Version -http://www.impre.com/inmigracion/2008/7/26/personas-con-sida-podran-legal-70291-1.html

Google Translated Version -

The U.S. Congress passed a law that removes restrictions on immigration for people infected with HIV / AIDS, allowing them to gain permanent residency or obtain tourist visa.

In fact, the White House announced that President George W. Bush signed the law next Wednesday at 3:05 pm

The law, called emergency plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), which presents itself as a financing program for poor countries in Africa, Asia and the Caribbean, has its complicated language in a clause that would help thousands of infected HIV / AIDS to obtain permanent residency.

Such is the case with people like Mario, 53 years old, who by social shame and fear of federal laws did not seek medical treatment after being diagnosed with the disease more than 20 years ago.

"In 1987 I applied for amnesty. I meet all the requirements, but HIV test came out positive. Then I refused permanent residency," said Mario, a Mexican heterosexual.

Since then he has lived detained without nearby friends, and loving relationships without fear that someone will know who is HIV-positive until late April this year, when an infection forced him to go to the hospital.

"I feared that if they sought medical treatment, would affect the ability to fix my immigration status. During those years he worked, pay my taxes every year, I am a person of good moral character," said Mario, who still do not feel comfortable admitting publicly that he is HIV positive.

Mario said he was very happy that at long last has the hope of legalizing their status and end the anonymity of being undocumented.

Oscar de la O, director of Welfare (a nonprofit organization that helps people with HIV / AIDS), said that this legislation will help remove the stigma and fear with which undocumented immigrants live infected.

"Although the policy that was adopted is not perfect, generally provide the medicines needed to save many lives. We are particularly excited to see that immigration law denying visas and permanent residence to people with HIV will be finally eliminated," said De la O .

He noted that this is a good opportunity to improve the health and welfare sector of the Latino community affected by HIV.

The chairman of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, stressed that the world will benefit legislation to provide medicines and promoting abstinence in poor countries with high infection rates.

"Working together with the Bush Administration and the Committee of ownership, we have succeeded in providing nearly 1.5 million antiviral treatment, care counseling to nearly 6.7 million people, including three million orphans and vulnerable children, and helping prevention over more than 150 thousand children, "Pelosi said through a communique.

The supervisor Michael Antonovich, who has been characterized by noting the alleged cost of undocumented immigration in the U.S. standard of living, refused to comment on the law, merely noting that the burden could be for the Department of Health.

"We are not opposed to legal immigration, but the public burden of illegal immigration. In this case would have to see the impact it could have for residents," said Tony Bell, spokesman for the Supervisor Antonovich.

For his part, De la O hopes that the U.S. is the official headquarters of the World Summit on AIDS, held every two years in a different country. This year will be held in Mexico.

"The United States has never been the venue of the summit because the legislation prohibiting HIV-positive people obtain visas. Now this will change and we hope to have meetings where we can learn from other experiences," said De la O.

While PEPFAR ending process to become law, Mario continues to live in what he calls "hiding" from his illness and his immigration status.

"I see a glimmer of hope. I hope we can soon fix my immigration status," he said.

And this benefits the American people how? Do any of these a-holes have the brains god gave an ant?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have a question. Why hasn't NumbersUSA or FAIR said anything about this? I would have thought they'd be all over this one. Not that it would surprise me, but how accurate is this article? This should be all over the news.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change
    A friend sent me an email alert that she received from eagleforum on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Oh my God! I have no other comment because I am too horrified to say anything. Well, what's next--leprosy?

No leprosy is not next, it's aleady here too . it came acros the borders years ago .

We went from and average of 7 cases of it a year to over 3000 ! And that was on the news about 5 years ago so no telling how many we have now . Google it and see for yourself .

They are deliberatly infecting this nation and filing it up with third world , lots of theorys why, I don't know .

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    And this benefits the American people how? Do any of these a-holes have the brains god gave an ant?
    I would say the ant has more brains.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I just emailed NumbersUSA to see if they know about this. I'll let you all know what I find out if anything.

....taking over without firing a single shot......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12