Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vigil group calls for immigration reform

http://washingtontimes.com/national/200 ... -7495r.htm

vigil group calls for immigration reform

By Jerry Seper
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES

More than 200 people rallied across the street from the White House yesterday to protest the immigration enforcement policies of the Bush administration and Congress, vowing to take their message nationwide and secure the U.S. borders themselves.

"We will not compromise and we will not go away," said Chris Simcox, a Tombstone, Ariz., newspaper publisher and founder of Civil Homeland Defense Corps in Arizona who helped organize the "Minuteman Project," a border vigil by hundreds of volunteers that shut down a 20-mile stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border to illegal aliens.

"We are demanding, not asking, for secure and safe borders. We are demanding, not asking, for the enforcement of existing immigration laws," Mr. Simcox told the cheering crowd. "We will remain on duty until we are relieved by Humvees filled with National Guard or U.S. military troops."
    Mr. Simcox's comments were part of the opening salvo of a six-day Washington lobbying campaign by advocates of stronger immigration controls. The campaign will include rallies, press conferences, meetings with members of Congress and testimony Wednesday by Mr. Simcox and others before the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus.

Hailed as "Hold Their Feet to the Fire 2005," the campaign is aimed at demonstrating nationwide opposition to the immigration enforcement policies of Congress and the White House, President Bush's guest worker program and the issuance of drivers' licenses to illegal aliens. It also seeks a crackdown on employers who hire illegals, and calls for the resumption of interior sweeps by the Border Patrol.

The campaign was put together by Roger Hedgecock, former San Diego mayor and now a radio talk-show host. Rep. Thomas G. Tancredo, Colorado Republican and a vocal proponent of immigration enforcement, is the keynote speaker at a dinner tomorrow.

Yesterday, as the Lafayette Park crowd raised placards and chanted "Thank you, Minutemen," Mr. Simcox reported that 15,000 new volunteers are ready to begin civilian patrols in October of the U.S.-Mexico border from California to Texas, with others being set for limited vigils in Michigan, Idaho and Vermont.

"The Minuteman Project proved a physical presence on the border will deter illegal immigration," Mr. Simcox told The Washington Times. "It also proved the Mexican government, when it wants to, can control immigration on its side of the border."

The Minuteman volunteers, whose vigil will continue through Saturday, have been directly responsible for the apprehension by the Border Patrol of 315 illegal aliens. A total of 820 volunteers completed a four-hour training session and spent at least one eight-hour shift on the border east and west of Naco, Ariz. - one of the most frequently traveled corridors for illegal aliens in the country.

U.S. and Mexican government officials, both of whom were critical of the volunteers, acknowledged that illegal alien traffic in the 20-mile area patrolled by the Minuteman volunteers dropped by more than half.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Vigil Group

The Minutemen are true patriots and should be hailed as national heros. I had heard about Roger Hedgecock's campaign and the rally in DC, but was disappointed to learn that only 200 showed up for the protest. It will take larger groups than that to get significant attention in Washington.
    When we gonna wake up?

As I recall only 100 were expected to be there physically in DC. I can't go to DC so I am one of the home support group. We are calling, faxing, etc.
    If you want to help I can post the daily instructions. They're happy for all the help they can get with this project.

I will be part of the MMP on the Texas border this fall...God willing. And yes, I think they're heros...I think they're patriots...they stood up to the fire, the threats, the attempts at intimidation by the ACLU the MS13 and other blowhards..even knowing that something might happen that would result in a lawsuit...and all the other things. I knew this was going to be historical...hoped it would be a first step in getting our country back...I sent them a thank you note at their website the same night that I heard of this undertaking...which was not like most of the email that they received...horrible hate stuff, threats...incredible...but then, that side knows they're wrong and they know they're going to lose this one.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RR wrote:
    If you want to help I can post the daily instructions. They're happy for all the help they can get with this project.
    Please do RR........every person who lifts one brick will eventually carry the entire house away, LOL. {poor politicians} We'll do our small part gladly!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A physical presence is very good but sometimes a presence that is not seen but heard (the rich,the powerfull,and politicians-such as the backers of the illegal immigrants) is even better.

Ok, I didn't get this posted today cause it was 'one of those' days. I'll do it early tomorrow so you all can get started.

every person who lifts one brick will eventually carry the entire house away, LOL. {poor politicians} We'll do our small part gladly!
    This actually happened here in the last couple of months. Some enterprising druggies took a 3 bedroom house apart piece by piece and sold it for their drug habit. The owner of the house was out of town...the theft wasn't discovered until the house was but a pile of rubble.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

RR wrote
    This actually happened here in the last couple of months. Some enterprising druggies took a 3 bedroom house apart piece by piece and sold it for their drug habit. The owner of the house was out of town...the theft wasn't discovered until the house was but a pile of rubble.
    ARE YOU REALLLLLLLLLLY SERIOUS, RR?
    I'm going to bust a gut before this day is over........Arresting BOLOGNA yesterday and the CONTAINER MAN today and now THIS?

either bust a gut or fall over and get a concusion!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[/quote]

RR[/quote]

Texas right?