Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

clu

Viva La Mexico on July 4th!

Last year there was a fireworks display, balloon rides, and live concert at the Chandler Park in Chandler, AZ on the Fourth of July, Independence Day.

The live concert was a Mexican band, sponsored by Food City. No problem so far, this is America. During the concert the lead singer only spoke in Spanish in between songs. Okay, again this is America.

However, at the end of the gig, the leader singer yelled out "Viva La Mexico" to close out their performance. This floored me seeing as how it was U.S. INDEPENDENCE DAY at a July 4th fireworks celebration.

Not sure how many others felt like me, but no one said anything about it, as if it was perfectly normal and okay.

I was highly offended!

--
    clu

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: Viva La Mexico on July 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by clu
    Last year there was a fireworks display, balloon rides, and live concert at the Chandler Park in Chandler, AZ on the Fourth of July, Independence Day.

The live concert was a Mexican band, sponsored by Food City. No problem so far, this is America. During the concert the lead singer only spoke in Spanish in between songs. Okay, again this is America.

However, at the end of the gig, the leader singer yelled out "Viva La Mexico" to close out their performance. This floored me seeing as how it was U.S. INDEPENDENCE DAY at a July 4th fireworks celebration.

Not sure how many others felt like me, but no one said anything about it, as if it was perfectly normal and okay.

I was highly offended!

--
    clu
    The songs should have all been english, and instead of Viva La Mexico it should have been a loud USA!

very offensive.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Presently I live in Southern New Mexico. Will moving back to Ohio in about 12 months. Went to a parade/festival here and it could've been from Mexico. Mariachi bands and Mexican food vendors all over the place. It wasn't America. I love going to the county fair, but had to postpone doing so while living here. This is not a county fair most of you would recognize. Again, it is a celebration of everything Mexican.

All I can say is that I feel so SORRY for all of you in those states where it's as bad as you describe. And, it makes me even MORE determined to keep the same thing from happening in North Carolina although it might have already happened in some of the larger cities. I think I would have had to take the BARF BUCKET to the parade. NO, I take that back. I wouldn't have GONE to a parade where MEXICANS were celebrating OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY! If you didn't know before you got there, you should have just gotten up and left once you saw WHAT THEY were celebrating. I guess you kept thinking it would get BETTER!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Hey Bootsie, hope you're ready for this...It wasn't about the Fourth of July. It's called The Whole Enchilada Festival and they celebrate the making of the biggest enchilada. This is where you now say, Well Ohio, you should've had a clue. LOL I knew, but promised someone I would go. On the day I went I told them it was the last time too. Here's the site about the festival. Check out the photos. Some of them are very telling. http://www.rozylowicz.com/enchilada-fiesta.html

OHMIGOD! On the FOURTH OF JULY??? That just beats all I've ever heard! This can't be HAPPENING in OUR country. WHATEVER has happened to our SOVEREIGN NATION? ENCHILADA'S!! Lawsy me.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

There is hardly any celebration at all in El Paso on the 4th of July. But boy, wait for Cinco de Mayo!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LOL No, it doesn't take place on the 4th of July. Guess I should've worded my post better. Can't honestly tell you how they celebrate the fourth here because I haven't gone to any major firework displays. Most folks I know buy fireworks and pop some beers along with the fireworks on their property. Fireworks are legal here, so it's fun on the 4th.

Well. lets' see, here in El Paso they do fireworks on New Year's Eve. I guess they are trying to burn down each other's houses or something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello JuniusJnr, we're almost neighbors, I see. There's usually a housefire or two on the 4th from fireworks in Las Cruces. I live 12 miles outside of town in the country so it's fairly safe in regards to fires. I had forgotten about Cinco de Mayo. Remember seeing it on the local news and it's not somewhere I'd want to go. Give me the fourth with a darn good barbeque before the fireworks any day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast