Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Warning: Dream Act (coming soon)

In-State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants
    Posted: 6:17 AM Mar 12, 2009
    Last Updated: 6:17 AM Mar 12, 2009
    Reporter: AP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

proposal to allow illegal immigrant students to pay in-state tuition is on hold for now.

Democratic Sen. Chris Romer said yesterday (Wednesday) he wants to wait and see if Congress will act on a bill addressing the issue.

He says the DREAM act could be introduced in Washington by the end of the month. It would give young people brought into the country illegally as children a chance to become permanent residents if they go to college or join the military.

Senate Bill 170 would allow such students who attend Colorado high schools to pay lower in-state tuition rates. But they wouldn't get the same state stipend other Colorado students get for college, a change Romer made because of opposition to the bill.

Romer said he was sure he had enough votes to pass the bill in the Senate.'

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/41143957.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Here is the comments from the article,,,I think the country is learning or waking up!!

Posted by: sissy Location: springs on Mar 12, 2009 at 03:18 PM
    this is not okay...if they want to become legal citizens they should serve at least 2 years in active military to show that they really want to be citizens of our country...we have probably supported them and their families for years anyway. I have grandchildren who can't afford the tuition and they are legal...born in the United States to American parents. My dream is for the illegals to be sent back to their home countries and we'll be able to help our citizens better. Just my opinion..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by: NATIVE Location: COLORADO SPRINGS on Mar 12, 2009 at 01:16 PM
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AREN'T DESERVING OF ANYTHING BUT A SWIFT KICK OUT OF THE U.S.

Posted by: Anon Location: c/s on Mar 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    Jake, we would all have to be living below the poverty level to get assistance with tuition. It is crazy. I have heard of parents divorcing and sending their kid to live with the "poorer" parent - and if they meet the criteria, wa la - state aid. So, why don't we all divorce our spouses and work for minimum wage when our kids are in college so we can have it paid for by the state - whatever works! Then we can have a party when it is over and get remarried!

Posted by: Jim Location: CO on Mar 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM
    There are several conservatives that are for this bill putting our security at a higher risk for more funds on pet projects. It is not just liberals! It is greed, greed, greed!

Posted by: Jake Location: CS on Mar 12, 2009 at 09:43 AM
    To bad my wife isnt illegal, then maybe we wouldnt have to pay 2k a semester. this is an insult. What about tax paying LEGAL citizens? why cant my wife get instate?

Posted by: Josh Location: COS on Mar 12, 2009 at 08:46 AM
    Why are we even discussing this? Why should criminals be rewarded? ILLEGAL is the key word. Got to love liberals. FILL OUT THE PAPERWORK AND BECOME A CITIZEN! Im a citizen and I dont get half the breaks these criminals get. THis is such a crock. I cannot belive that we are going to stand for this. We need to vote them OUT. This last election has just put us in a bad way for the next year or two until we can re-elect those who are supposed to serve US, the people, not themselves.

Posted by: Native Location: Colorado Springs on Mar 12, 2009 at 08:43 AM
    I echo and support the statements made by Barny and Bobbie, and quite frankly can't think of anyone I know who doesn’t agree 100%!! Why can't the politicians see this too? Are their egos blocking the view?

Posted by: cbower on Mar 12, 2009 at 08:35 AM
    Nice to know we care sooooooo much about "illegal" kids, but yet my kids have college loans out the window and are finding it hard to find a job that will pay them enough to make the payments to the banks that have received "Bailout" money. Does anyone else see anyting WRONG with this????!!!!

Posted by: Bobbie Location: c/s on Mar 12, 2009 at 07:40 AM
    What about the "DREAM" of kids that come from legal citizens living in the USA for generations. What about their DREAM!!! Send USA Kids to college first. I'm tired of the illegals getting all the benefits of welfare, free this, free that, even if they pay it wont be as much as a legal citizen.

Posted by: Barny Location: CS on Mar 12, 2009 at 06:58 AM
    Once again we ignore the law and cater to illegals. These people are criminals. So just to support you special right's people should we just do away with our nations borders? Laws? wages? Re patriot them back to there home lands before it is to late. They lower wages bring crime, majority of illegal immigrants are involved in gangs and drug trade in the southern states. Let's give them more opportunity than we give our own citizens, after all we have a great economy that can afford more parasitic leaches. They should have no legal rights in this nation if they don't come here legally. It is about time citizens do the job of the lazy INS workers and stop turning there backs to the problem.

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    He says the DREAM act could be introduced in Washington by the end of the month.
    Guess we better keep our eyes open. I'll bet Sen. Durbin is working this issue as we speak.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

According to NumbersUSA any Lawful Permanent Resident can eventually sponsor 17 FAMILIES for immigration to the US. With the advocacy contacts these students would have you can be sure that they would be working away on it---at least the ones they could afford legal services for.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(deleted)
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)