Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conservative Movement 'Will Rise Again', Veteran Activist Pledges: www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article. ... rcid=38772

I both agree and disagree with all of the above. How's that for a waffle. I agree that the comments highlight many of the reasons McCain lost, and the Republican party took a beating in the congressional races. But the main reason is McCain and company ran one of the worst campaigns in history.

Neither he or Palin could distinguish themselves in debates. They repeated Joe the Plumber so many times they could have just as easily said "Liar Liar pants on fire" or "So's your old man" and achieved the same level of result. Where was their research team? Why did Obama's comments on coal not show up until the weekend before the election? Why didn't McCain or Palin point out, with regard to her "inexperience", that she had more executive experience and actual results than Obama, and she would only be President IF McCain were incapacitated. Obama brings his inexperience to the Presidency starting on day 1. I did not hear McCain, Palin, or ANY Republican candidate actually detail the full story of the financial system breakdown with specific data pinpointing the actual responsibility for what set it up and brought it down? I heard some general comments, but they sound like partisan BS. Facts, substantiated by video and audio clips that were all over talk-radio, never came up. So McCain and other Republican candidates take it in the shorts for the economy, when the guys and gals who actually caused the financial crisis are rewarded by being elected. And so on and so forth.

Rohrbacher is right about the Republican leadership. AWOL. And as long as elites sit atop the party, there will never be a true return to conservative principles. They want to turn left, I guess, because it works for the Democrats, so why not try it. Therefore, I am no longer a Republican. I am an Independent. And all I want for Christmas is an end to the two-party system.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

The Republican party can't turn this situation around. It is something like the election of 1932. It took fifty years and the election of 1980 to turn things around some but even then Reagan wasn't that good of a leader and over rated for the most part. True he managed to accomplish some things but once he was out of office the Republican party went back to being disfunctional in many ways despite winning elections. The record shows that even when Republicans win elections and control the government the results they produce for the most part are not good.

Just watching Wolf Blitzer on CNN, one guest who is a professor at George Washington University said that the momentum and the activism the Obama campaign inspired may lead to a lot of input into the government from normal Americans as far as shaping administration policy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthatguy
    The Republican party can't turn this situation around. It is something like the election of 1932. It took fifty years and the election of 1980 to turn things around some but even then Reagan wasn't that good of a leader and over rated for the most part. True he managed to accomplish some things but once he was out of office the Republican party went back to being disfunctional in many ways despite winning elections. The record shows that even when Republicans win elections and control the government the results they produce for the most part are not good.
    Reagan was overrated in some areas, and he fell for the "One Time Only" Amnesty of '86, believing the enforcement provisions would be implemented.

He did do some good things, especially in the area of national defense capabilities, after the neglect of the Carter years, in that area. Reagan enjoyed Republican control of the Senate, during most of his presidency, but the Republicans never controlled the House, during those years.

Conservative Republicans have led the charge against illegal immigration, mostly in the House, but there have been some anti-illegal GOP stalwarts in the Senate, too.

As unsatisfactory as the GOP has been, when in control, there are still more people in the GOP who stand for our sovereignty, and for constitutional principles in general, than in the Democrat Party. I left the Republican Party 1n '90, as a result of the Bush 41 presidency, but good office-holders and candidates in the GOP deserve our support, IMO, especially those willing to stand up to the Rockefeller Wing of the party.

As flawed as it is, the GOP can still be a vehicle to get us where we want to go, as can an alternative conservative party that perseveres, and that is willing to form coalitions with conservative Republicans.

"Tomorrow there's going to be a rebellion in the ranks," he said. "We need to kick our leadership out and form a whole new leadership in the Republican Party."
    I LOVE IT!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12