Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We are due an apology...

I am astounded by the seeming incompetence of Bush's handlers. How can they let him say that these ILLEGALS do jobs that we aren't. Indeed, but that belies why they are doing them...they stole them!!! I notice that he was reluctant to say instead the fateful catchphrase "they do the jobs we won't." But this choice is another way of saying that isn't it? Nothing makes me bristle more than hearing that argument. How dare you question my work ethic. Speak for yourself george. I have, can, and will again do any of these jobs. Maybe you wouldn't, couldn't, and didn't, but that aint got nothin' to do with me. I didnt get an honorary slot to attend Yale. I had to take the tests all by myself too. I am not too good for any job. I worked landscaping, greenskeeping, farming, paving, and found my way through undergrad and law school. no a trust fund here. This is the characteristic I love the most about america. pragmatism, humility, dedication, the protestant work ethic. SECURE THE BORDER, we should not let them hijack this debate with any talk that isn't about STOPPING THE FLOOD. I am not worried or swayed with any tear jerking talk about "enrique's journey" or the like ad hominem appeals. I lived in Africa... Latin America you dont know the beginning of suffering like that. If you don't start fixing your respective countries you soon will, but I will work to make sure that you can't export your problems to my kids or grandchildren.

Why are we so busy trying to help these UNGRATEFUL people when CHILDREN are being SLAUGHTERED in Sudan. Answer that BUSH. Send an aircraft carrier to Khartoum...fill it with every refugee and bring them here...I will support blanket amnesty for them to do these jobs I supposedly wont do... Until then, you can take your AMNESTY and shove it!
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Speech....

After following my military husband around for 20 years, I also worked every job imagineable, raised a family and we all worked very hard to keep it together so I am beyond SICK of hearing Mr. Bush(he surely isn't president ) tell the world that Americans won't do any work. As far as I am concerned he may take his amnesty and shove it!

I think it is done on purpose to belittle the american people, otherwise he would not keep saying that. Didn't he just tell us to be careful about what we say? I guess there is only compassion if you are hispanic.

ya exactly how dare him counsel us to remain civil... excuse me but you don't want to see my Norwegian viking %$# become uncivil.

I am so proud of my fellow americans on this issue. While being heckled as impotent racist xenophobes at the May 12 DC MM rally I saw utter CIVILITY from my MM bretheren. Sticks and stones bush, fox, la raza ...you are only making us stronger...please KEEP IT UP as the more stupid moves you make,.. the easier it will be to defeat you!
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

He says that 'jobs Americans won't do' to steal our self respect. Americans have always had an enviable work ethic...so much so that we created the best country in the world...the richest, and once upon a time the smartest....

Thanks to our governments' policies some of the above is no longer true...but we still have the work ethic...

To denigrate us after all this is simply foolhardy. Bush sure knows how to make friends and influence people....

MJ

Gb has no clue about the middle-class Americans... nor the Poor Americans. We do not exist in his world. He said once, that he feels sorry for any American who makes less than $50.000 a year. That should tell you something. He doesn't know what hard work is, And apparently his parents never taught him a thing about compassion, never let him learn the hard way to get what he wants. He never had to work. Everything was handed to him. His family is a mess as far as I am concerned. His daughters are nothing to brag about, and the same goes for his brother Jeb. What a messed up family. He is SO against the less weathy Americans, that it isn't even funny anymore. He has done nothing to help us, our Veterans, or any American, rather he has taken from us and gave what belonged to us, to a corrupt country, who he has VERY strong ties with for his own financial gain. I hope you didn't fall for the phone call to GB from Vincente Fox concerning sending the National Guard to the border. I would bet my life that GB and Fox talk on a daily basis. After all JB has to make sure that his interests in Mexico are being protected. That phone call was to mislead Americans that there really is a concern. There is none. This is all pre-planned to set up for the speech that GB gave tonite. How dare them try to fool us?

Let's look at what Squatter Shrub has to say about these jobs Americans won't do. Here is the translation:
    In the 1970s prior to the outsource scourge and prior to the amnesty that TRAITOR Reagan gave in the 1980s, here is an example of a typical job in American in a manufacturing plant: 17 dollars an hour, 40 hour work week, time and a half for overtime, lunch breaks, etc. pension and benefits. SOOOO here we are in 2006 and this same job ( if it is actually in the US and hasn't been side now has no benefits, no pension and no overtime. It is also possibly "part time" of 35 hours a week. It WAS paying 15 dollars an hour but the Americans who worked it are now told that they can work the job for 7 bucks an hour or the the corporation they work for ( whose CEO, btw, makes maybe 50 or 60 million a year and thinks he is not being paid enough ) will hire those who will work for that --- illegals. Oh and another thing, Americans on the job pay into social security, pay taxes. So the "new workers who are working all of the jobs "Americans won't do" are being paid off the books and are not paying taxes or social security ( or if they have cards they are fake or stolen ) Bush insults every American with his ugly ugly lying statement of "Jobs Americans won't do."

Master electrians are strating off in companies at 15 dollars an hour here,
    the american roofers,drywallers,concretemen,and a number of other trades are almost extinct.these were not low skill low paying jobs.
    I started in consturction at 16 and I barley make more now as an electrian than I did as an unskilled laborer 15 or so years ago when I was a kid.

He said once, that he feels sorry for any American who makes less than $50.000 a year.

Isn't this something when the average income in america is $32,000. He is definitely out of touch with what is going on in this country.