Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We need to add a plank to our platform

Highlighting the failure of the legal Mexican immigrants to invest in order to create jobs and enhance income in Mexico must become a more integral part of our platform. The illegal aliens recieve funding to come here from those friends and family members already here. The discretionary funds usd in this manner need to be redirected over to financing opportunity in the commnities that they left. What happens now is that there is money sent home but it is going to direct consumption, coyotes and housing. It costs money to maintain a house sometimes more than can be supported by Mexican income. The immigrants families are left without a financial foundation in Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I was a teenager working in tobacco,I saw the first"migrants 'come in.The farmers always got the crop in and made a lot of money using us kids.They slowly replaced us,but they all said that they wanted to make money here (which was 5 or more times the value in mexico) return home and start better life with savings there.They also could buy 5 loaves of bread in mexico for what 1 cost here .They did not bring thier family because having them here would cost them everything they were trying to save.The farmers wanted them to be happy and told them of food stamps (the farmer provided shack for slight fee) and government help and to bring family-thier wife could even cook and do maid work for the farmer.This is how the ball got rolling in NC-We were all replaced in tobacco -none of us liked working in tobacco but it made you realize you had to get education if you did not want to be stuck doing this.You did have your own money,you were to tired to do much and stayed out of trouble and it made you appreciate and start a work ethic.

Both my own paternal father and uncle and my maternal uncle were agricultural laborers on a summer and seasonal vacation basis. The school districts timed their own schedule to accomodate farmng. The reason that the long vacation happens in the summer is that is when the weeding the most labor intensive work was being done. The place where my father was working was a cattle ranch and lemon grove. My maternal uncle was a shepherd.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)