Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

forget it

Forget the explanations, it is too complicated, here's what you do.

First outstretch your arms, "Night of the living Dead" style.

Then clomping in an indeterminate plodding, repeat this mantra;

"Freedumb....., and Demo-crazy" uhhh... uhhhhhh.....Freeee...dumbd, and Demo-crazy".

Repeat and continue, til some living person, in terror, blows your brains out!

Great movie, huh? Laugh everybody. cheers glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF202
    Well were would you rather fight radical Islam and the terrorism it breeds? In Iraq and Afghanistan or in the streets of America after they have blown up one of your loved ones?

I would rather a million soldiers die in Iraq or Afghanistan then a million innocent civilians in NYC, London, Paris, etc.

As for the justification of the war, were already there so lets stay and finish the job. We cant run away ... as then they will just come here and kill us here.
    As a retired military officer, I will lay this down. I would rather see them die there. What I said, ChrisF202, is this is not a law enforcement action. It is a WAR. I have been in combat in Desert Storm. We are not pursuing this in a manner that it should be done. Perhaps you are too young to remember when WAR was WAR. Remember Falluah? We had thousands of Marines from the 1st M.E.U. sitting outside the city while "negotiations" took place with that scum bag cleric. Sixx, and the officers that I served under like Colonel David Hackworth, would have dropped leaflets telling everyone that wanted to live to leave the city in 12 hours. Then we would have lit it up like a Van Halen concert. That is how you FIGHT a WAR.
    OBL was/is in Afghasitan. Why attack Iraq? We all know there was no WMD in Iraq now. The justification for the war on terror is correct. The justification for going into Iraq is bogus. That is like you blowing up my house and me going to kill your neighbor. I hope this clears up an ambiguity about where I stand. Any way, if you are a young man, you will get to see WAR up close and personal when the draft comes in. As a soldier, I would not rather see any soliders die, especially not a million. Nor do I want to see innocent civilians die here or anywhere else.
    I understand your sentiment. But friend, this not the way it seems on t.v.
    Why attack Iraq? Well, I do agree that the justification used is bogus. But, I also can see some damn good reasons that are not PC for going in.

1 Saddam was paying $25,000 for every suicide bomber in Israel.
    2 Being in Iraq draws most of the terrorists to there like a moth to a flame. It helps keep them from hitting us here.
    3 ( Biggie) Iraq is smack-dab in the center of the Mid-East. Stationing our Forces there means we can rapidly open a extra-Large can of Whupass on any Country that acts up over there. From a logistics view, it is perfection to be there.

naturalglenn,

Your vile PM was uncalled for. For the record, I do not "condone genocide" nor am I a member of the psycho club.

However, I am aware that we are in a war, wether we like it or not. This state of war has existed ever sense February 23, 1998, when The World Islamic Front for Jihadâ€â€

magoo

Magoo; Got your glasses?

Iraq has been shown through a devastating amount of evidence to not have been involved in 911

Saddam it has been shown did not have WMD.

We have gone to war on false pretenses, and you would be quite satisfied to kill people on such scant nonsense.

had thousands of Marines from the 1st M.E.U. sitting outside the city while "negotiations" took place with that scum bag cleric. Sixx, and the officers that I served under like Colonel David Hackworth, would have dropped leaflets telling everyone that wanted to live to leave the city in 12 hours. Then we would have lit it up like a Van Halen concert. That is how you FIGHT a WAR.

That puts you in the crazy club, in my book.

I am a born German, we know all about killing people in droves on false pretenses. Sorry, about the public remonstrance, but you brought it into the public. I was trying to call you a psycho discreetly. not so cheery glenn

refer to your own post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Magoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixx
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF202
    Well were would you rather fight radical Islam and the terrorism it breeds? In Iraq and Afghanistan or in the streets of America after they have blown up one of your loved ones?

I would rather a million soldiers die in Iraq or Afghanistan then a million innocent civilians in NYC, London, Paris, etc.

As for the justification of the war, were already there so lets stay and finish the job. We cant run away ... as then they will just come here and kill us here.
    As a retired military officer, I will lay this down. I would rather see them die there. What I said, ChrisF202, is this is not a law enforcement action. It is a WAR. I have been in combat in Desert Storm. We are not pursuing this in a manner that it should be done. Perhaps you are too young to remember when WAR was WAR. Remember Falluah? We had thousands of Marines from the 1st M.E.U. sitting outside the city while "negotiations" took place with that scum bag cleric. Sixx, and the officers that I served under like Colonel David Hackworth, would have dropped leaflets telling everyone that wanted to live to leave the city in 12 hours. Then we would have lit it up like a Van Halen concert. That is how you FIGHT a WAR.
    OBL was/is in Afghasitan. Why attack Iraq? We all know there was no WMD in Iraq now. The justification for the war on terror is correct. The justification for going into Iraq is bogus. That is like you blowing up my house and me going to kill your neighbor. I hope this clears up an ambiguity about where I stand. Any way, if you are a young man, you will get to see WAR up close and personal when the draft comes in. As a soldier, I would not rather see any soliders die, especially not a million. Nor do I want to see innocent civilians die here or anywhere else.
    I understand your sentiment. But friend, this not the way it seems on t.v.
    Why attack Iraq? Well, I do agree that the justification used is bogus. But, I also can see some damn good reasons that are not PC for going in.

1 Saddam was paying $25,000 for every suicide bomber in Israel.
    2 Being in Iraq draws most of the terrorists to there like a moth to a flame. It helps keep them from hitting us here.
    3 ( Biggie) Iraq is smack-dab in the center of the Mid-East. Stationing our Forces there means we can rapidly open a extra-Large can of Whupass on any Country that acts up over there. From a logistics view, it is perfection to be there.
    Good points, Mr. Magoo. Very deep and I can tell that you know something about strategy and tactics.
    1. True. PERIOD. My only comment is that the Israelis, without our interfering, could crush Iraq. They know how to fight. Why? Because the fight has been brought to them.
    2. True. Just like the Super Bowl. It brings them out. But we are not properly manned. Give me 200,000 more troops, which I would get from Germany, Bosnia, and drawing down some soliders and Marines from Korea and Japan.
    3. Great staging area. However, bringing the terroist to the Super Bowl means our team needs to keep the ball. OWN the ball.

Now, allow me to attempt to explain the central reasons wrong with our approach to this war. During the last twenty years we have managed to reduce our armed forces to the point that today, right now, the U.S. Army has only 33 active duty maneuver brigades. These, the infantry and tank units, are the heart and soul of the Army. Right now, those 33 units are going to Afghanistan or Iraq, coming back from those countries, or getting refitted from their last job. There are NO more soldiers to do this fight. This means that we cannot fight anywhere else unless we just bomb the bad guys, which has never worked.

Our government's answer to this problem has been to use the Reserve forces. These are great men and women, but they train only one weekend per month and two week a year. That is 47 days a year versus the 365 that the active duty troops get to practice. Our very brave soldiers in the Reserves are actually serving longer in Iraq and Afghanistan than are their active-duty brothers and sisters. There is no comparison between the two types of unit, and there was never meant to be. But since thousands of these citizen soldiers have been deployed in the combat zones, and others are engaged in missions against terroism overseas and at home, the differences must be addressed and addressed NOW.

The bottom line is that we are short TWO ARMY DIVISIONS, a total of about 30,000 troops. We can't get to the winners circle without them. Got to have them and have them NOW. The price tag: $30 million. A fraction of what we are now spending per month. That is why I know that Bush does not know what he is doing and he is lying when he says "if the commanders in the field want more troops, I will provide them". The generals are afraid to ask for more troops because they are Power Point generals. Good with Power Point presentations, not worth a worm in this war. It would be a career ender for these twits. So they let their soldiers die rather than DEMAND more troops. General MacArthur would.
    General Patton sure as hell would. Those caliber of officers do not exist anymore.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Mr. Magoo and Chris, I have to agree with you.

Sixx, I like the way you believe in fighting a war! Too bad you're not an advisor to President Bush on the war....AND the borders!

Guys, what I think, is that there is so much information, so many angles that this issue of war in Iraq can be approached, that a person could be as lost as a needle in a haystack trying to decifer what the answer is.

If I base my opinion on the "facts", as I know them, then I believe fighting the war in Iraq and fighting it now is the correct thing to do. We have been informed by the Dulfer Report that Saddam Husein (never know if I'm spelling it right, but could care less), but we have been told that he DEFINITELY was ready to IMMEDIATELY start back up on his production of WMD's as soon as he could get rid of the UN. Now, let's think about that. It would mean that our troops would have gone there at a later date and definitely met up face to face with not only terrorists but with WMD's as well. The disaster that would have been......I don't have to say to you. You know how horrible that would have been for our country.
    We said it was a "pre-emptive strike", something I don't think we have ever done before (although I'm not an expert), but after 9/11, we knew we had to make an offensive strike on the enemy.

I think the enemy is scattered all over the Middle East and as Chris and Mr. Magoo indicate, Iraq is the perfect strategic location for us in the event that it becomes necessary in the future that we have military actions in other Middle Eastern countries....which A LOT of people say will eventually happen. I bet it will too. The entire Middle East region is run by mad men who despise you and I and our children to an extent that there are not even words to describe. There goal is to get you. And me. Anytime, anyplace, anyway.

There just ISN'T one simple answer to this war or even two or three. I don't think the question is whether it is right or wrong that we went to war in Iraq......I think the question is WILL IT WORK?

Anyone who thinks because we still have terrorist attacks means that it isn't working....may or may not be correct. Only time will tell.

There is no way we can leave. That's a fact most people now understand.

When these terrorists take innocent people and behead them, I think it should be brought to the forefront (all over the papers, news, internet)
    in a way that REMINDS people of the likes of what the USA and the Coalition countries as to WHY we are there. As I heard someone put it, what will it take for people to understand that we must have a strategic base in the Middle East....will it take a soccar mom in Kansas getting beheaded by terrorists in the U.S.?

I just hope, that for those who despise George Bush, (and believe me I have my days because of the borders AND a few other reasons), that we ARE able to base our judgements regarding the war without being blinded by our dislike for him whether it is about policy, or the way he walks or the way he talks. We have to stand by our troops and our country and not allow ourselves to be BLINDED by hate. This war will PROBABLY last through another President's term, or more, and we need to at least stay focused on WINNING this war. Some say it's unwinable, well, then get ready to give them your heads!!

Thanks guys. God Bless Our Troops and those with a firm grip on reality.
    Thanks Mr. Magoo. Thanks Chris. Thanks for your strong stand.
    DMAN1200....keep building those missles...we're gonna need them!

P.S. I'm prepared to take harsh feedback from some of you on my last comment here, and that's okay. But when it comes to the War, our enemy is not President George Bush.....our enemy is the radical islamic terrorist, who may or may not be wearing a turbin on his head. I believe that our country did not go to war in Iraq to keep the oil flowing.......but that we went to keep the blood from flowing. The blood of people who believe in freedom. The decision on where you will stand is up to you. I think it is reasonable to think that radical Islam is very pleased when you say that it is "the wrong war, at the wrong time, and in the wrong place". They will concur with you on that!! Then they will behead you, sisters and brothers. And they will do it with glee.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What was it that he did that got some people killed again?
    He was a banker and he financed the Nazi's eight months into WWII.

Thanks Sixx! Great read.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Mr. Magoo and Chris, I have to agree with you.

Sixx, I like the way you believe in fighting a war! Too bad you're not an advisor to President Bush on the war....AND the borders!

Guys, what I think, is that there is so much information, so many angles that this issue of war in Iraq can be approached, that a person could be as lost as a needle in a haystack trying to decifer what the answer is.

If I base my opinion on the "facts", as I know them, then I believe fighting the war in Iraq and fighting it now is the correct thing to do. We have been informed by the Dulfer Report that Saddam Husein (never know if I'm spelling it right, but could care less), but we have been told that he DEFINITELY was ready to IMMEDIATELY start back up on his production of WMD's as soon as he could get rid of the UN. Now, let's think about that. It would mean that our troops would have gone there at a later date and definitely met up face to face with not only terrorists but with WMD's as well. The disaster that would have been......I don't have to say to you. You know how horrible that would have been for our country.
    We said it was a "pre-emptive strike", something I don't think we have ever done before (although I'm not an expert), but after 9/11, we knew we had to make an offensive strike on the enemy.

I think the enemy is scattered all over the Middle East and as Chris and Mr. Magoo indicate, Iraq is the perfect strategic location for us in the event that it becomes necessary in the future that we have military actions in other Middle Eastern countries....which A LOT of people say will eventually happen. I bet it will too. The entire Middle East region is run by mad men who despise you and I and our children to an extent that there are not even words to describe. There goal is to get you. And me. Anytime, anyplace, anyway.

There just ISN'T one simple answer to this war or even two or three. I don't think the question is whether it is right or wrong that we went to war in Iraq......I think the question is WILL IT WORK?

Anyone who thinks because we still have terrorist attacks means that it isn't working....may or may not be correct. Only time will tell.

There is no way we can leave. That's a fact most people now understand.

When these terrorists take innocent people and behead them, I think it should be brought to the forefront (all over the papers, news, internet)
    in a way that REMINDS people of the likes of what the USA and the Coalition countries as to WHY we are there. As I heard someone put it, what will it take for people to understand that we must have a strategic base in the Middle East....will it take a soccar mom in Kansas getting beheaded by terrorists in the U.S.?

I just hope, that for those who despise George Bush, (and believe me I have my days because of the borders AND a few other reasons), that we ARE able to base our judgements regarding the war without being blinded by our dislike for him whether it is about policy, or the way he walks or the way he talks. We have to stand by our troops and our country and not allow ourselves to be BLINDED by hate. This war will PROBABLY last through another President's term, or more, and we need to at least stay focused on WINNING this war. Some say it's unwinable, well, then get ready to give them your heads!!

Thanks guys. God Bless Our Troops and those with a firm grip on reality.
    Thanks Mr. Magoo. Thanks Chris. Thanks for your strong stand.
    DMAN1200....keep building those missles...we're gonna need them!

P.S. I'm prepared to take harsh feedback from some of you on my last comment here, and that's okay. But when it comes to the War, our enemy is not President George Bush.....our enemy is the radical islamic terrorist, who may or may not be wearing a turbin on his head. I believe that our country did not go to war in Iraq to keep the oil flowing.......but that we went to keep the blood from flowing. The blood of people who believe in freedom. The decision on where you will stand is up to you. I think it is reasonable to think that radical Islam is very pleased when you say that it is "the wrong war, at the wrong time, and in the wrong place". They will concur with you on that!! Then they will behead you, sisters and brothers. And they will do it with glee.
    AMEN.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

I am all for a war legally sanctioned by congress, which this war is not.

I am all for war that stops terrorists. Has this war done that? Can or should we overthrow another nation because of what they might do? If that is the case, why haven’t we gone after China, Cuba, N. Korea? After all, who provided them with their technology and training?

Should/ Can Democracy be forced on a nation? Did the Iraqi’s call on our nation to help us Free them?

Who really benefits from this war?
    * http://www.vegsource.com/articles2/iraq_seeds.htm
    As part of sweeping "economic restructuring" implemented by the Bush Administration in Iraq, Iraqi farmers will no longer be permitted to save their seeds. Instead, they will be forced to buy seeds from US corporations -- which can include seeds the Iraqis themselves developed over hundreds of years. That is because in recent years, transnational corporations have patented and now own many seed varieties originated or developed by indigenous peoples. In a short time, Iraq will be living under the new American credo: Pay Monsanto, or starve.

* Isn't Monsanto the same company that produced Agent Orange in Vietnam?
    http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=11638

* Military to pay Halliburton another $5 billion for Iraq services
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/worl ... -iraq.html

Halliburton has reported being paid $10.7 billion for Iraq-related government work during 2003 and 2004

I think as a leader GW is not doing it. I wont blast anyone for their comments whether they agree with me or not because the way I see it, If Bush was serious about protecting us from terrorist, he would have been securing our borders while going after the terrorist abroad. This war , as I see it is just another way for too many US corporations to force others in the world to buy their products or service. Check out the facts and do the research, if this war is about Democracy, since it is no longer about WMD's which they knew did not exist before going there, then I am peter pan.

Finally, I will add that I do support our troops, not because I support this "War on Terrorism" which should be called a "War on Democracy" but because they are Americans in a dangerous place and putting their lives on the line 24/7 just for being there.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

those

Those of you that support this war in its current form,

HAVE BEEN PLAYED!

Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results, is the definition of INSANITY. Albert Einstein.

What is the goal in Iraq? Any of you supporting the debacle, define it for me.

Don't use stopping terrorism, cause at this rate, I risk crossing the street on foot, more than terrorism. Done been played. I'aint skeered. glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast