Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What about unions that backed illegal immigration?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What about unions that backed illegal immigration?

I am going to post this subject, to see if we come up with any ideas.

I was a member of a construction union, which beginning in the late 1990's went out of its way to attract illegal immigrants as members. An up and coming union leader, now the union president who recently met with President Trump to discuss infrastructure investment, had organized a demonstration of Souther California drywall installers---and even blocked traffic on I-5.

This turned into a major trend. Aspiring union organizers had to follow the same trend as sort of an unofficial agenda.
    Other unions like UNITEHERE and SEIU also went out of their way to attract illegal aliens. Not only was this counterproductive to the interests of the rank and file members it created numerous hazards. We often found that their work was incorrect. At one point I caught some respiratory ailment that required several visitors to a physician to remedy, after an illegal alien on a job sneezed right on to me..

It's great to see the new administration cracking down on illegals and restoring the reporting function that citizens ought to have. But what about these organized and powerful groups that actually promoted illegal immigration? What should the new administration, such as the Labor Department or the DOJ do to correct this, and to intervene for members that have been affected? In my case, I resigned from the union.

I may post this, or similar questions, to stir up discussion on what steps can be taken under the new Trump administration.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It will be difficult to rectify the almost 2 decades of border/jobs abuse allowed/encouraged for cheaper labor or more members. Just like the Chamber of Commerce advocating the influx for more consumers/lower wages which businesses loved. The worst part of a complete deportation of everyone illegally here is the huge gap in many job fields and the rental properties will be vacant. I don't care they deserve everything they get for partaking in this invasion. Phasing them out of the country thru deportations and E-VERIFY for self-deportation will take years and hopefully American workers will have those jobs and can move out of their parents basements into those rentals. This didn't happen overnight and will not be rectified overnight. Does require consistent enforcement of immigration laws and mandating employment laws.
    Last edited by artist; 03-20-2017 at 03:03 PM.

In Portland, OR I know there will be very few vacant rentals; there is so much pressure for rental property that those will get quickly filled. Probably other west coast cities are similar. However, they may have to rehab the properties!!

I frankly don't care if thousands of landscapers get deported, since I never see their work anyway. Nowadays, it's just another facet of the real estate development industry which I could give two f---- about anyway. Their backyard auto shops can disappear. The car detailers can disappear. My neighbors nannies can disappear. Etc.

What I am getting at is that the illegal immigration business has been profitable, despites its illegality. And the liberal legal establishment always sues when they can find a person has been harmed in any way by illegal behavior. It seems that an organization that squarely supports illegal immigration should be liable then. And certain unions have had a huge interest in it. Others did not, and the leadership was wise enough to draw the line and not agitate on behalf of illegals. Our leadership was not so smart.
    And there are local homebuilders (who, around here, would be politically liberal) that have endangered our neighborhoods by hiring illegal aliens.

I know----very Quixotic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To me, the whole idea of unions recruiting membership of illegal aliens or wanting to pass amnesty for illegal aliens is insane and self-destructive. From construction unions to SEIU, they are all stabbing their members who are American Workers in the back. I just don't get why their members would allow it.

Citizen and legal residents who are members of these unions needs to stop this nonsense in its tracks. I understand how once they flow in to the brotherhood, what do you do? It's a terrible thing that's happened and not an easy one for union members to solve at this point. But it's like training your replacement worker, no different. There aren't enough jobs to go around and if you don't see the writing on the wall that you're the second class citizen they want to get rid of, then union members need to wake up and smell the crap.

Trump will get these people out of here and that means when they go so does their union membership. So while he's moving them out of the country, he's also moving them out of the unions.

But in the meantime, union members really need to huddle and figure out how to stop this nonsense in their unions. Unions have become an advocate for illegal immigration, which suffocates our own work force with unemployment, depressed/deflated wages, fewer benefits and then poverty. It's not right, it's wrong, wrong, wrong. Union members are very familiar with the picket line and call anyone who crosses it a "scab" and from their perspective, rightly so. Well, union members need to look at the lines of our borders the same way and consider any worker who crosses that line a "scab", because that's what they are. Illegal alien workers are "scab" workers in the United States, who crossed a line to steal jobs, depress wages, lower benefits and hurt the American Worker.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The last few years I thought the Unions were dying out due to massive job losses in our County. They are pandering to illegals to get more DUES and line their pockets. It's all about the money. They need to be shut down, they are nothing but scavengers.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

The union bosses are eager to get the money. In our union the officals build up big retirement accounts because for the hours they put in, they have their own pensions and then they get the union workers pension, also. So, two pensions. It's good for the inside clique. I will say that the insiders did craft a very decent retirement system for the union as a whole, but only in certain jurisdictions, usually in the port cities and coastal areas. Those in Wyoming don't get very much. And also some rank and file workers build up big pensions with lots of overtime and 401 k plans. So the union officials probably figure they deserve a double pension.